Shooting at Denver theater during new Batman movie.

Obama on NBC:

"We will do everything possible to keep our people safe"

"My daughters go to the movies, what if they had been there?"

"There will be other days for politics this will be a day of prayer and reflection."

"Let's pray for less publicized acts of violence that plage our communities every day."

We will see Exactly how he uses this and we know he will.

Obummer is on NBC talking about the shooting now.

I am far from an Obummer fan, but I thought his speech was good. He managed to get through it without saying anything political, without alienating anyone, and without saying anything stupid.

ABC News is also now saying the suspect has no connection with the Tea Party. He's a PhD student from San Diego. Way to jump the gun there ABC!

I am far from an Obummer fan, but I thought his speech was good. He managed to get through it without saying anything political, without alienating anyone, and without saying anything stupid.

I just saw the end, but agree that it had the right tone.

The media is already trying to tie the guy to someone before all info is taken in.I see that they did retract their statement but was it even necessary to label the guy.

Last report was his living complex has been evactuated cause of numerous booby traps that were installed.

Guest vca2004

As somebody who will soon start carrying, 've been contemplating whether to go to a place that's posted and leave my gun in the car, locked in a safe, sometimes. Guess what I've decided now? - If I am not allowed to defend myself against a "defective" guy like him, I'd rather wait to see the movie at home, on my couch, with free food and beverages! Who knows when such a killer will walk into the restaurant you're enjoying your meal at or whatever other store the next time.

Problem is, always has been, and always will be that the bad/defective a-holes already have guns in this country. Therefore, I have to have one, too!

The media is already trying to tie the guy to someone before all info is taken in.I see that they did retract their statement but was it even necessary to label the guy.

Last report was his living complex has been evactuated cause of numerous booby traps that were installed.

The "occupiers" have proven themselves to be much more unstable as a group and prone to violence over the Tea Party. I wonder why they didn't suggest a connection to OWS?

• Like 1
  • Administrator

this is taken from the last paragraph from a CNN article....REALLY?? did they have to throw this in there??

..."

Aurora, a Denver suburb, is about 13 miles from Littleton, Colorado -- site of the April 1999 Columbine High School massacre.

In that incident, two teenage students, Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris, armed themselves with guns and bombs and opened fire inside the high school. They killed 13 people and wounded 23 others before killing themselves"...

full article here

http://www.cnn.com/2...ting/index.html

This shouldn't surprise anyone. It was one of the first things I thought of as well.

Guest nysos

They're reporting that his apartment has explosives rigged to blow. Better get your reloading supplies now while you can.

Because someone can't make a bomb out of household chemicals, fertilizer, disassembled fireworks, etc. At least depending on how the bombs were made, that will be what gets attacked. Doesn't mean it was from gunpowder.

Edited by nysos

This OWS connection is total speculation. The private investigator who made the "connection" does not provide any evidence at all to back it up. He is totally speculating. ABC had more information to back up their incorrect claim that the shooter was a Tea Party member. On the guy's WordPress page, he titles his blog post as:

UPDATE Occupy Black Bloc Member James E. Holmes Shoots Up Aurora Co Movie Theater Killing 12 And Wounding 50.

Then all he says is:

James Holmes, DOB 12/13/1987: The Batman movie portrays the OWS crowd in a negative vein,the new Batman movie featured the villain as an Occupy Wall Street type. I would first look at the possibility that James Holmes, DOB 12/13/1987, was caught up in the OWS movement took it upon himself to strike back against “THE MAN.

James E Holmes

1690 Paris St, Apt 10

Aurora, CO 80010-2918

James E. Holmes is 24 year old he is from San Diego CA.

Bill Warner private investigator at http://www.wbipi.com/

Nothing to this as far as I can tell. Info may come up later to prove the allegation, but Bill Warner PI sure doesn't tell us about any evidence. He is all over putting his name and web address on the post though. Nothing like saying something sensational to try and round up some business.

http://cheatersflori...nd-wounding-50/

Edited by East_TN_Patriot

Tragic event. I pray for the families. Now, this is another thread that blows my mind. Almost immediately people start speculating about Muslims and terrorism and gun control. When the shooter turns out to be a thug white kid people start blaming the media for jumping the gun. Naturally the lame king ( Obama ) is brought into it and now we are on the way to gun control?

One thing that I have learned on TGO from the Zimmerman debates is that we all rush to judgement too fast. This is simply another American tragedy where guns were used. Obama had nothing to do with it. The race war won't be starting during the Batman movie and the Muslims are still working on their game plan for world dominance so you still have time to prep.

Good day,

Links2k

• Like 1