Middle TN Meet & Shoot for June 2008 -- Saturday June 21st

Pick the best day(s) for you to attend the JUNE 2008 Middle TN Meet & Shoot  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the best day(s) for you to attend the JUNE 2008 Middle TN Meet & Shoot

• Saturday, June 14th
    • Sunday, June 15th
    • Saturday, June 21st
    • Sunday, June 22nd

• Administrator

WHEN: Saturday, June 21, 2008. 11:30am - ??

WHAT: Middle Tennessee TGO Meet & Shoot

WHERE: Spring Hill, TN (Owl Hollow Gun Club)

We will all meet for lunch at 11:30 in Spring Hill at the Owl Hollow Gun Club. Lunch will be grilled on site! (click here for map)

Cost to shoot is $5.00 per person. You must supply your own eye and ear protection, paper targets and target hanging materials. Handgun pits require clothes pins or tape to hang targets from a wire stretched across the pits. Rifle lanes require a heavy duty staple gun to fix your targets to the backer boards.

Recommend that you bring insect repellent. Weather dependent, also bring sunscreen and/or shoes that you don't mind getting muddy and dirty. This is an OUTDOOR range.

Directions To Owl Hollow Gun Club

Range is located approximately 10 miles south of downtown Franklin, Tennessee in Williamson county. From I-65 South/North take the Peytonsville Road exit, #61; go West about .7 mile to the red light at South US 431 (Lewisburg Pike); turn South (towards Lewisburg) onto US 431 and go approximately 6.5 miles to Owl Hollow Road; turn west onto Owl Hollow Road; the range is located approximately 1.1 miles on the left side of the road.

Approximate GPS Coordinates for those with GPS devices: Latitude 35.7606 N ; Longitude -86.8571 W

Please RSVP via the calendar entry (CLICK HERE) if you are attending.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Also, several have suggested grilling burgers or hot dogs on site at OHGC. If the OHGC governing body is okay with that, then so am I.

My recommendation would be to eat at a restaurant in June and aim for July to have a cook-out if it is permitted by the gun club. This will give time to solicit permission from OHGC and then seek volunteers to bring supplies, food, a grill, etc.

July is a great cook-out month anyway. :)

• Administrator

Yesterday convinced me that I really want another automatic rifle of some sort. Shooting my old .30-06 was fun and proved to me that my Nikon scope can hold zero for over eight years w/o fiddling with it... but it also made me start thinking dirty thoughts about another AR platform rifle.

Maybe I'll go .308 this time... :D

I feel you there, man. Every time we shoot I realize how sad it is that I have NOTHING built on a semi-auto platform anymore. It's not because I'm too dumb to know how an auto works, but that I had to sell about half of my guns awhile back. Some of my revos took awhile for me to find, and I don't know if I could easily replace them when money gets better, but I know I can always buy another P22, 10/22, plastic fantastic, etc etc. Smith isn't making P&R model 19s anymore. The semi I miss most was my A2 config AR. Something about a 30rd mag and that nice, comforting bark makes my soul weep at its departure.... that and it's a killer gun for playing redneck golf!!

Guest themark712
Also, several have suggested grilling burgers or hot dogs on site at OHGC. If the OHGC governing body is okay with that, then so am I.

My recommendation would be to eat at a restaurant in June and aim for July to have a cook-out if it is permitted by the gun club. This will give time to solicit permission from OHGC and then seek volunteers to bring supplies, food, a grill, etc.

July is a great cook-out month anyway. :eek:

As I mentioned in the May thread, I'm more than happy to do the grillin' if someone can supply a charcoal grill ... and a 1911 for my trouble (j/k). Mine is too big to be dragging from Antioch to Spring Hill. :blink:

Guest clutepc
We could always just stab hot-dogs onto the bayonet of musicman's Mosin... one or two shots should cook them to perfection.

lol isn't that the truth...

Guest Taurus Pro

I cant wait to get to meet you guys , XD Shooter has said good things about you all, If i can get a 9mm or .40 ill be out there, my boss backed out of the sale for his Bersa .380.

cant wait to meet you guys

FullMetal

Guest tokarev

Problem with roasting 'dogs on the M-44's bayonet it the muzzle blast has a nasty habit of scattering tiny bits of said 'dogs over a few dozen square yards Hah!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

The date for this event will be Saturday, June 21st. It will take place at the Owl Hollow Gun Club in Spring Hill, TN as before.

Lunch arrangements have yet to be made but we are investigating the option of grilling on site. If that falls through, the alternative lunch location will be the Burger King in Spring Hill at 11:30am.

Several attendees had mentioned that they were tired of Snappy Tomato and preferred to just eat quick and head to the range. I agree with both of those sentiments.

Stay tuned for a definitive answer about where we will be eating.

Guest Jason F.

Might I suggest that should we grill out we plan on extra food. As guests of he Owl Hollow member I would think it polite that if any of them wander up to see what all the grilling and fuss is about we have extra burgers to offer them. It would probably add very little to the bottom line to plan on a few extra burgers or dogs. Just seems like the right thing to do to me.

Guest Angel 24/7

Is it the Burger King in Neapolis? Across from Saturn? Our stores are owned by the same man, I can give them a heads up you guys are coming?

Guest HunterH

It is looking really good that we will be able to grill out at the range. THe leadership of OHGC have been very warm and receptive to the TGO folks and I am happy that things are working out so well. I will have a final answer about if we can grill immediately after the OHGC board meeting on June 10.

In other news...I am offically a range officer for the club now, no longer a trainee. :rolleyes: I think that will give us more leaway on what we can do there as the president and board of the club know I will be there to sponsor the event and ensure safety, etc.

I should also be hearing about an orientation session on a week day evening specifically set up for TGO people. I should have a date to propose in the next several days.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!!

Hunter

It is looking really good that we will be able to grill out at the range. THe leadership of OHGC have been very warm and receptive to the TGO folks and I am happy that things are working out so well. I will have a final answer about if we can grill immediately after the OHGC board meeting on June 10.

In other news...I am offically a range officer for the club now, no longer a trainee. :rolleyes: I think that will give us more leaway on what we can do there as the president and board of the club know I will be there to sponsor the event and ensure safety, etc.

I should also be hearing about an orientation session on a week day evening specifically set up for TGO people. I should have a date to propose in the next several days.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!!

Hunter

yeah i need that orientation day info lol

Guest Taurus Pro

Ill be able to make this one, I will be bringing my 380 and i hope to have my PT111 by then.

I was going to bring my SKS but dont want to spend the money to shoot it lol ( Im a cheap ass )

Where can i get directions to OHGC?

Edited by Taurus Pro