Middle TN Meet & Shoot for June 2008 -- Saturday June 21st

Pick the best day(s) for you to attend the JUNE 2008 Middle TN Meet & Shoot  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the best day(s) for you to attend the JUNE 2008 Middle TN Meet & Shoot

• Saturday, June 14th
    • Sunday, June 15th
    • Saturday, June 21st
    • Sunday, June 22nd

Guest Taurus Pro

Sorry to double post ,

I found the website , it say's you need to be a member and go through an orientation to shoot there. Is this correct .

Someoen give me the info to be able to attened

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to double post ,

I found the website , it say's you need to be a member and go through an orientation to shoot there. Is this correct .

Someoen give me the info to be able to attened

To shoot at OHGC, you either have to be a member or be the guest of a member. Hunter and I are both members and will be there so you can attend as one of our guests and pay the guest fee which is $5.

In other news...I am offically a range officer for the club now, no longer a trainee. :D I think that will give us more leaway on what we can do there as the president and board of the club know I will be there to sponsor the event and ensure safety, etc.

Congratulations man. I believe that makes you the youngest one there by a century. LOL. That is awesome.

I am going to try to get out there for a little bit Wednesday afternoon, let me know if you are going to be around. My Steyr has been feeling neglected since I have only been shooting my XDs lately.

Guest themark712

For any current members of OHCG ... I'm going to the orientation on Saturday to join. Do I just show up, and everything is good, or should I let somebody there know I'll be there? I didn't see a phone number or anything on their website.

Guest HunterH
For any current members of OHCG ... I'm going to the orientation on Saturday to join. Do I just show up, and everything is good, or should I let somebody there know I'll be there? I didn't see a phone number or anything on their website.

Just show up is fine. David and I are working on a TGO memebrs only orientation class to held sometime later this month if you prefer. Likely will be on a week day evening.

Guest HunterH
Congratulations man. I believe that makes you the youngest one there by a century. LOL. That is awesome.

I am going to try to get out there for a little bit Wednesday afternoon, let me know if you are going to be around. My Steyr has been feeling neglected since I have only been shooting my XDs lately.

You are right, the average age is a bit higher than my own for ROs out there.

I plan to go out there about 3pm on Wednesday. I want to see your XD paddle holster so I can see if I want to order one for myself. Bring your belt holster for the XD also please. I want to get my carry rig set up as soon as I can.

Thanks bro!

Guest Vincent

I see things are changing. I was a member there for 2-3 years but quit because of a number of unpleasant experiences with non members (I think) on the range. In all that time I saw two range officers.

My current club does not have RO's and does not need them as the security is much better with locked gates and limited membership.

The get together sounds like fun.

Well it looks like I will be in the Franklin area that weekend to attend the gun show at the expo center and celebrate my birthday w/ the family. After reading this thread I definitely want to try to make it to the shoot...at least for a couple hours.

• Administrator
I see things are changing. I was a member there for 2-3 years but quit because of a number of unpleasant experiences with non members (I think) on the range. In all that time I saw two range officers.

My current club does not have RO's and does not need them as the security is much better with locked gates and limited membership.

The get together sounds like fun.

Well it looks like I will be in the Franklin area that weekend to attend the gun show at the expo center and celebrate my birthday w/ the family. After reading this thread I definitely want to try to make it to the shoot...at least for a couple hours.

Hope you can both make it. :rolleyes:

Guest EasilyObsessed

Question on the target holders for the rifle range...It has been a year or so since I have been down there, but at the time they had metal target holders that you "slid" a piece of cardboard into. Is that still the case? And if so, does anyone have an idea of what size the cardboard needs to be?

I saw in the original post something about backer boards? Have they changed to new holders?

Guest Jason F.

Yes Rifle range is wood frames with a wood sheet backer. A staple gun or pins works well. You can also use hooks of some sort to hang your targets on them if you like. Pistol Range is a cable across the lane so clothes pins or some other type of hook is best there.

I will be there with a friend in tow.

Wow, what a great day at the range!

The food was great and so was the company.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone and look forward to next month.

I don't think I've ever seen so much hardware at Owl Hollow before.

At one point I had to stop shooting and just walk up and down looking at everything.

It looked like Knob Creek.

Guest Jason F.

I am back home and whew... That was a day at the range for sure. There was some serious hardware there. I had 5 with me today. 3 pistols, 1 rifle, and what ever you would like to call the Ruger 10/22 Charger.

I over did it though. I had a minor surgery on my foot Monday that is still healing. I guess I walked around too much and put too much pressure on it at some point. I got home and removed my shoe to find a swollen, bloody, and sore foot. I guess I tore the wound open a little. Time to put my feet up and veg on the couch a little. It was fun and worth it regardless.

Thanks to all who brought out all the good food and those that worked hard to cook. I hope everyone enjoyed the cookies and brownies.

Guest Jason F.
WHAT!?! There were cookie and brownies? Now I'm p!$ that I didn't make it. I'm really gonna try to make it next month.

Yes Oatmeal Raisin cookies, Double Chocolate Cookies, and Caramel Turtle Brownies. There were others too. There were even tasty burger, hotdogs, chips, and icy cold beverages.

Guest NotDylan

It was a pleasure to meet everyone, that was the most fun I have had in a while. I am already looking forward to the next one.