For the Libertarians Planning to write in Ron Paul

This is for Paul supporters or folks upset with the choices laid forth between Obama and Romney Remember there is a Third Option.

Only a handful of states count write-in votes unless the candidate themselves submit paperwork to be a write-in candidate. 8 States do not allow write-in votes at all. Ron Paul has said that he is retiring if he does not get the GOP nomination. Writing his name on a ballot has very little chance of being counted and even less of a chance of being reported. Only a few states will count them and in some of the few that do they are reported as "Write-In" votes and the total is not broken down by which name(s) were written in. How many votes were for Ron Paul and how many were for Mickey Mouse? You would also be voting for someone who isn't running.

You may make yourself feel better by voting for Ron Paul but the message you are trying to send may not be the one that will be received even if the people you were trying to send a message to actually were to get an accurate report of how many votes there are for Ron Paul. They do not think like

you think. They are most likely going to think of people that are voting for a candidate who is not running as "Them Crazy Ron Paul people with their cult of personality."

If Ron Paul does not get the nomination then I hope that we can all show a unified voice for liberty that will be counted and reported. The best alternative is Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson. Gary will be on the ballot in all 50 states and his votes will be counted and reported: http://www.lp.org/2012-ballot-access

Gary Johnson's policies are almost identical to Ron Paul's and in some cases where there are small differences you may actually prefer Gary's Policies to Ron's: http://GaryJohnson2012.com/

Gary Johnson is a two term Governor with a record for liberty. His 8 years as Governor give him more time in government as an executive than either Obama or Romney.

Writing in Ron Paul's name may make you feel good about yourself but I feel best when my vote at least sends a message that will be heard and is clearly understood. If Ron Paul does not get the nomination, let's stay unified and vote for Gary Johnson in November. A vote for Gary Johnson will send a clear message that will be understood: "We Want Liberty!"

Info on state by state laws concerning write-in campaigns:

http://www.dailypaul.com/242672/considerations-on-a-ron-paul-3rd-party-or-write-in-campaign-and-the-future-of-the-liberty-movement

http://writein2008.blogspot.com/search/label/Illinois

http://mfoster.com/misc/write-in_rules_2008.php

This isn't a stab or Jab at Romney supporters just something i noticed on a different site which I decided to share here for the Paul supporters that plan or writing him in if he doesn't get the nomination

• Like 1

Any vote that isn't for Romney is a vote for Obama.

Regardless of your opinion, what you have to ask is, are you so willing to prove your unhappiness that you would squander your vote and allow Obama to be the president for another four years.

I really don't see what is so hard to understand about this, it is simple math.

4 votes. 2 for Obama, 1 for Romney, 1 for Mickey Mouse.

You voted Mickey Mouse to show your displeasure of the system, and Obama just won by 25% of the vote.

• Like 3

Regardless of your opinion, what you have to ask is, are you so willing to prove your unhappiness that you would squander your vote and allow Obama to be the president for another four years.

You voted Mickey Mouse to show your displeasure of the system, and Obama just won by 25% of the vote.

That is incorrect, and I'm about tired, frankly, of reading that over and over. If I don't vote for Obama, he doesn't get my vote. If I vote for Mickey Mouse, Obama DOESN"T get that vote!!!!!!!! At this point, I'd rather see Obama get reelected as to see Romney be elected, but I assure you neither will be elected by me.

I'm not gonna write in anyone, I'm gonna vote Gary Johnson. Gary Johnson is on the ballot in all 50 states.

Me too!

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2

Yes I would vote for Mickey Mouse over Obama or Romney because I dont want either.

The GOP chose Romney so The GOP lost me period.

but luckily I can Vote for Gary Johnson and If that is a Vote for Obama then the way I see it is Obama won because to many people voted for Romney eitherway they are voting for More of the same.

Edited by plank white
  • Like 2
Guest bkelm18

At this point, I'd rather see Obama get reelected as to see Romney be elected, but I assure you neither will be elected by me.

Oh they will, indirectly. A vote for anyone other than Romney, is a conservative vote that Romney won't get, and one less vote that Obama needs to overcome. So yes, a conservative voting for someone else is essentially a vote for Obama. Obama is getting exactly what he wanted. A split conservative vote. So congrats on giving him what he wants :hat:

Guest bkelm18

I'm not gonna write in anyone, I'm gonna vote Gary Johnson. Gary Johnson is on the ballot in all 50 states.

Congrats on voting for someone who hasn't won any primary and has as much chance at winning the general election as a chimpanzee. But I guess you gotta stick to your guns. Hope you like 4 more years of Obama. :rofl:

Edited by bkelm18

Oh they will, indirectly. A vote for anyone other than Romney, is a conservative vote that Romney won't get, and one less vote that Obama needs to overcome. So yes, a conservative voting for someone else is essentially a vote for Obama. Obama is getting exactly what he wanted. A split conservative vote. So congrats on giving him what he wants :hat:

A true conservative wouldn't vote for Romney. This " a vote for anybody but my guy is a vote for evil satan" is truly getting old. You could also say that anyone who doesn't vote for Obama is a vote for Romney. Does that make you feel better?

• Like 6

Congrats on voting for someone who hasn't won any primary and has as much chance at winning the general election as a chimpanzee. But I guess you gotta stick to your guns. Hope you like 4 more years of Obama. :rofl:

And you are rooting for the Guy who Lost to the Guy who Lost to Obama Last time Ill take my chances with Johnson to bad the Gop chose that other guy they couldve had this and won 313258_288608281246248_1223723704_n.jpg

but in all honesty I wish this guy would run

558255_454177327955264_1139061268_n.jpg

If people never support a third party then the corrupt two party system will continue. Haven't seen much good from any of the nominations in some time. Vote third party because you believe in them, continue to vote for D/R because you just don't want the other side to win.

If I vote GJ and I'm the enemy then to hell with you. I will never feel wrong or ashamed for voting on Americas future, and I firmly believe for us to have one we need to put the squeeze on the established parties.

Edited by FIST
Guest bkelm18

If people never support a third party then the corrupt two party system will continue. Haven't seen much good from any of the nominations in some time. Vote third party because you believe in them, continue to vote for D/R because you just don't want the other side to win.

If I vote GJ and I'm the enemy then to hell with you. I will never feel wrong or ashamed for voting on Americas future, and I'm firmly believe for us to have one we need to put the squeeze on the established parties.

Yes voting for someone who will never be elected is sure looking out for our future. Good job. I'm sure Mickey Mouse will get more votes than GJ to be perfectly honest. The two party system is established. It's not going anywhere. You will never have enough votes to change that. Not without drastic societal changes. And by drastic, I mean violent. Sweet little sugar coated hopes and dreams of a third party president aren't gonna cut it. Voting third party doesn't make you the enemy. It just makes you irrelevant in today's America.

Yes voting for someone who will never be elected is sure looking out for our future. Good job. I'm sure Mickey Mouse will get more votes than GJ to be perfectly honest. The two party system is established. It's not going anywhere. You will never have enough votes to change that. Not without drastic societal changes. And by drastic, I mean violent. Sweet little sugar coated hopes and dreams of a third party president aren't gonna cut it. Voting third party doesn't make you the enemy. It just makes you irrelevant in today's America.

Ok, I'm irrelevant. I remember a lot of things that had zero chances of happening. Other than the Cubs winning a world series, many of them did.

Rights for Blacks

Rights for Women

Hitler exterminating the Jews

Prohabition

Winning the revolutionary war

etc, etc.

The point is this,

Enough Americans are done with the system in place. There's a few ways to look at our options.

1.Vote

2.Move to a new country

3.Armed revolution

4.Nothing, give up.

Americans, true Americans don't give up and will not move. That leaves the rest of us with that Vote option. If our votes become suppressed, effectively creating "Taxation without Representaion" then either we miscalculated how far gone the country is and we fight back.

Our current "unmovable" 2 party system is nothing more than a lack of courage for many to stand their ground and do what is right.

....Our current "unmovable" 2 party system is nothing more than a lack of courage for many to stand their ground and do what is right.

Explain how less than 1% of the vote going to GJ is going to change anything? At all?

- OS

• Like 1

So how is it Gary Johnson can be on the ballot in all 50 states and Ron Paul cannot?

It it worth the risk of Obama winning to vote your heart? That is likely going to be the outcome unless we all come together.

I will concede that Romney and Obama are ideological twins on the issues we all care about. But it comes down to their bedfellows. Those who Obama finds himself associated with are nothing more than thugs who want to destroy everything I believe in. Romney on the other hand is a marionette to more conservative group. And it is those conservative leaders who will likely benefit us more so than Obama's henchmen.

Also, our biggest concerns should not be with who will be president next but with ALL of our representatives. All legislation starts there and not with the president. And it is those conservative representatives that we hopefully put in office who will be approving the president's, who ever that is, supreme court nominees.

In a perfect world Ron Paul, Gary Johnson or another like them would become president. But rather than have a person like them fill a single seat I would rather those like them fill the halls of Congress and Senate. After all those two groups could bypass the president's wishes as well as hold him accountable.

Dolomite

come on guys didnt mean to start a mishmash argument just wanted to put this out there for those planning on writing in Paul or feel like they dont have a choice this election .

GOP guys are always gonna vote for whoever GOP chooses period we cant change you and you cant change us "It is what it is" .

No need to tell us we are voting for Obama because the Only way the GOP was ever gonna get most of our votes was with Paul

and they elected to choose a fella "we" dont consider any more worthy of being POTUS than Obama .

After Looking into Johnson I must say Im pretty siked this guy is running he is pretty sound

So how is it Gary Johnson can be on the ballot in all 50 states and Ron Paul cannot?...

Because RP ran as Republican. Only one GOP candidate on ballot in general election.

Only one Libertarian, one Constitutional, etc.

Each party has to qualify in each state each election cycle, and much too late for a new party to qualify in any state.

The Libertarian Party hasn't been on every state ballot every year either, btw. It's a state by state thing each election cycle if you don't get a certain % of vote in previous one, which I guess only the GOP and Dems do each time.

- OS

Prez Zero will get at least 40% of the vote. That leaves 60% to split between Romney, Johnson, Paul write-ins and Mickey Mouse. If Romney loses as much as 21%, you won't have another four years to build a third party because I don't think we'll see another free election.

• Like 1

Prez Zero will get at least 40% of the vote. That leaves 60% to split between Romney, Johnson, Paul write-ins and Mickey Mouse. If Romney loses as much as 21%, you won't have another four years to build a third party because I don't think we'll see another free election.

Last election, all other candidates combined got 1.41%. Dunno if that counts write-ins.

I suspect about the same this time, since the GOP/Dem polarization seems same if not greater.

- OS