For the Libertarians Planning to write in Ron Paul

Last election, all other candidates combined got 1.41%. Dunno if that counts write-ins.

I suspect about the same this time, since the GOP/Dem polarization seems same if not greater.

- OS

At least they're in a state where they probably can't hurt anything. BTW... guess y'all notced that Maggart got her ass whipped :up:

• Like 2
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

So how is it Gary Johnson can be on the ballot in all 50 states and Ron Paul cannot?

I'm hoping Gary Johnson will choose Ron Paul as his Vice President pick after the Republican Convention. If that happens I would probably suspect most if not all the Ron Paul following will vote Libertarian. Although, Judge Andrew Napolitano would be a great choice also.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

Some of the sentiment in this thread makes me think we live in the worst country ever and soon we will devolve into something just slightly better than Ethiopia where we don't have clean water and dig through dumps for food.

If Obama wins sure it could change the scope of our liberties and I'm not ok with that, but most of us are going to continue living a decent life regardless. Maybe some without jobs or struggling, but as a society we'll still thrive.

I'm voting Romney because I DO think the supreme court matters and I do think he can help the economy.

But I don't buy Appoclypse Now under any candidate.

• Like 1

What makes us the Greatest country in the world

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=16K6m3Ua2nw[/media]

I don't know who the scriptwriter was; but I think this is an awesome clip, and so nails it on the head. Perhaps there should be a separate thread (either here or in General) just to discuss this...?

Edited by Steelharp

Well Lincoln was a Third Party candidate.

I'm not sure this is correct. Lincoln left the Whig Party, and joined the new Republican Party mainly due to their platform of no expansion of slavery. He was a Republican when elected President. Later he left and joined the New Republic party.

Well Lincoln was a Third Party candidate.

I'm not sure this is correct. Lincoln left the Whig Party, and joined the new Republican Party mainly due to their platform of no expansion of slavery. He was a Republican when elected President. Later he left and joined the New Republic party.

Teddy Roosevelt was a third party candidate. When he didn't get the Republican nomination he started the Bull Moose Party and won.

Irrelevant third party voter checking in here. One more vote for Obama. Long live the king!

I know that this is a not a gambling site, but I'm willing to bet that America will still be around in four years regardless which of these ducks wins the election. It may be better, it may be worse, but it will be what we have allowed it to become because we are so loyal to the crooked two party system.

Are those chickens that I see returning home?

• Like 1

Some of the sentiment in this thread makes me think we live in the worst country ever and soon we will devolve into something just slightly better than Ethiopia where we don't have clean water and dig through dumps for food.

But I don't buy Appoclypse Now under any candidate.

I agree. I was one of those guys under "W". I thought that we were done for. If it did'nt happen under "W", it won't happen anytime soon.

• Like 1

I agree. I was one of those guys under "W". I thought that we were done for. If it did'nt happen under "W", it won't happen anytime soon.

It's not certain death, but it IS serious. The economy doesn't need to stay flat for another 4 years. Damn all the social issues.

Irrelevant third party voter checking in here. One more vote for Obama. Long live the king!

I know that this is a not a gambling site, but I'm willing to bet that America will still be around in four years regardless which of these ducks wins the election. It may be better, it may be worse, but it will be what we have allowed it to become because we are so loyal to the crooked two party system.

Are those chickens that I see returning home?

Na, didn't you hear? We'll have a monarchy in a few years. I'm hoping that I can get Knighted!

Na, didn't you hear? We'll have a monarchy in a few years. I'm hoping that I can get Knighted!

You'll be needing a good serf. How's the pay? I'm a big man. I can carry a lot of ammo and vittles.

Edited by LINKS2K

You'll be needing a good serf. How's the pay?

5 shillings a day, of course you have to double as a food taster... I believe my wife is trying to poison me with her cooking.

Sir Shootsalot?

We won't have guns then, duh! Of course, this gives me the opportunity to carry a sword without looking like a tool.

No matter how much I agree with Dr. Paul, I do not intended to write him in if he is not the nominee. Although, I am still on the fence about Gary Johnson and need to do more research before just jumping into his camp. I generally don't support folks with ties to the Council on Foreign Relations.