Ted williams model 100 30/30

Backon4

Bought this off my brother, he got it from a guy who was really hard up for money. I got it for what I believe is a good price. My deal is it looks like its never been fired. It looks damn near brand new. Is this something that will go up in value or do I take it out and use it? I always wanted a lever action and this was a good price but what I wanted it for was to throw in the back of my rhino and leave it. If me or anyone else comes up on some coyotes while out on the farm then it there. But that use will beat the hell out of it. So is it worth leaving it be or is this never really going to be anything worth anything. I've seen a couple on gun broker from $275 to as high as $400 sell. Mine looks better than any of them I've seen but I have a lot less into it. What would you do?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ted Williams was like the Bruce Jenner of sportsman back in his day. Although he was a star and have a bunch of commemoratives in his name they really haven't take off in value, YET! I think they will being to climb before too much longer and become very collectible.

He was a hero to young boys and men up into the 60's. Almost every young boy and even some young men dreamed of being Ted WIlliams. And generally when those chicldren reach an age they can afford it they begin buying things that remind them of their childhood. And considering most of those young boys are now getting up in age and can afford them they will begin buying things like this. Another thing that contributes to collectibility, as sad as it is, is their death. And Ted WIlliams is still a relatively new member of that club.

I would buy another gun and properly store the Ted Willaims. If you are wanting a 30-30 to abuse go look in pawn shops. You can find a beat up example for $200 pretty regularly if you hit a few shops.

Dolomite

It is a quality gun, and will appreciate in value as time goes on. It isn't, however, a rare gun, and won't appreciate at a rate any faster than other common quality guns. If you bought it to use, use it. That is why they were made after all.

Edited by gregintenn

Ted Williams put his name on SO MUCH, it may be a while before it appreciates much. I had a box of 12g dove loads that were Ted Williams. I've got an old Weaver K4 steel body scope on my mother in law's .22 Henry that's a Ted Williams. I gave $50 for it and wouldn't take double my money back either. Love those old Weaver steelies.

Some of the Ted Williams levers were made for Sears by Winchester. I would first make sure it isn’t a pre-64. If it’s not, sell it and buy a beater for your truck. I wouldn’t turn it into a beater.

Some of the Ted Williams levers were made for Sears by Winchester. I would first make sure it isn’t a pre-64. If it’s not, sell it and buy a beater for your truck. I wouldn’t turn it into a beater.

I could be wrong, but I think all of the Ted Williams Model 100s are post-64 Winchesters.