EAST Tenn. TGO members interested in a ______ get together?

Guest LiLBucket

Guest LiLBucket

Okay, first of all, I shouldn't be the one orchestrating this as I can never plan anything more than a day in advance. With that said, hopefully we can determine amongst ourselves a convenient time and place for a meet, greet, and make BOOM!!

I'm not a member at any gun clubs in the area, yet, but would like to check some out. Maybe a member of a club could work with their club to sponsor a get together. I'd be willing to pay $5 or $10 to shoot somewhere and if we all agreed on a price/person, the selected club might entertain the outing.

Give a reply if anyone is interested or if anyone has any ideas. It's starting to be much nicer shooting weather and my AK is almost built!!!:D I have a modest collection of firearms and it'd be neat to check out some of yours in action.

Let's make BOOM!!! :up:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Phantom6

That date is out for me as I have a class to teach that day. I'll be tied up for 10 hrs and won't feel like shooting after that. The 15th on the other hand is do-able. :up:

Guest Boomhower
Okay, first of all, I shouldn't be the one orchestrating this as I can never plan anything more than a day in advance. With that said, hopefully we can determine amongst ourselves a convenient time and place for a meet, greet, and make BOOM!!

I'm not a member at any gun clubs in the area, yet, but would like to check some out. Maybe a member of a club could work with their club to sponsor a get together. I'd be willing to pay $5 or $10 to shoot somewhere and if we all agreed on a price/person, the selected club might entertain the outing.

Give a reply if anyone is interested or if anyone has any ideas. It's starting to be much nicer shooting weather and my AK is almost built!!!:D I have a modest collection of firearms and it'd be neat to check out some of yours in action.

Let's make BOOM!!! :up:

That sounds good. Unfortunately that date is out for me as well. My anniversary is that week, and I'll be out on business most of the week. So I've already been told not to book anything for that weekend.

I'm sure you guys could use a good laugh though.....And that's just what you'll get when you see me shot with my little gun that jams every third shot. Maybe you all could help me figure out why it jams so much.

I've organized a lot of groups and and tell you that any given date will be picked to death.

I suggest setting up a general date, like the third Saturday in the month at 11 AM at Ryan's steakhouse in Johnson City or something like that. Then anyone who wants to can go up to Scioto or something. Maybe in time we'll get some folks who have a farm where we can shoot rather than a formal range. The location and date can be changed if necessary, but remember that when you do that to accommodate someone, you will piss off existing people who can't come on the new day. So try to pick a good day to begin with.

Everyone can't come every time, but eventually people work out a schedule to let them come.

Guest LiLBucket

That sounds like a logical solution Mars. It would be nice to have a set day every month. I for one wouldn't be able to make it everytime, whenever it may be, but would definitely be able to plan accordingly if that were the case. I wouldn't nit pick it either if I can't make it. I just hope it's not a bust for everyone else or if one person shows and noone else does. If there are only two people meeting up at first, that's at least a start right!!

Let's try to figure out something along those lines though. Third Saturday in the month sounds good. Does anyone have suggestions as to where? I've never been to Scioto so I'm unfamiliar with how it may accomodate our needs.

I know I could plan accordingly with the fiance much better that way too. For me at least, that's where most obligation comes from on the weekends if it's not work! If it was planned that the third Saturday in the month was my day to shoot then it could become somewhat of a routine. :D

So let's keep this open for discussion. I'm liking the sound of it already! is that an itch in my finger, hmm, wonder what that could be!!:up:

Scioto is by no means ideal. Just one of the few places I could think of to go. As I mentioned, someone's farm would be better.

I like the idea of eating first, then going to shoot. We could eat before noon and be at the shooting location at 12:30. Everyone could choose whether to do both or just eat or shoot.

No reason this has to be a guy thing either. Wives and girlfriends could come too. I know my wife enjoys shooting and doesn't mind an occasional cuss word.

Guest LiLBucket

Good point on the females Mars. Sorry if it sounded like I meant this as a guys only type of outing, it was unintentional if so. Sorry to any females on the board too! It would be nice if there were other females there so my fiance might feel a bit more comfortable going.

My fiance doesn't particularly hate guns, I think she is more afraid of the unknown than anything. I've taken her shooting and she did quite well, but I think the 9mm and the .38 special scared her a bit. Maybe someone has a .22lr pistol she can shoot! I've been trying to convince her that she'd like it as she liked the .22 rifle, but the wedding is more important to her than buying herself (I want one too) a gun!! lol.

Does anybody else have some ideas, input, or interest?

As far as another female being there, my fiance will come if her schedule permits. She loves to shoot. And she'd enjoy it even more if someone has a Glock 19 to bring that she could shoot some. She loves Glock 19's, but I don't have the spare cash to buy her one of her own just yet.

How about we go with Marswolf's idea and set the date as the third Saturday in April. (21 April 2007). With a date set, we can figure out what range and what restaurant to go to.

Yeah, picking the day first is probably a good idea. I haven't looked at a calendar, but lots of things like Independence Day come early in the month. So third Saturday was just an idea.

BTW, you know you are in trouble if during the exam your proctologist puts both of his hands on your shoulders.

Guest salb3039
Uhh, uuuHm, note to self....uhhh, DO NOT GO TO THE SAME DOCTOR AS MARS!!

Why not? I do and he is a very gently and caring "man". :)

Not really, j/k.

I go to the doctor every 10 years or so whether I need to or not when required for a physical. Seems lately I've mostly been at the VA getting vaccines for one thing or another. No germ or virus dare come near me.

What does it mean when they tell you to grab your ankles?

Guest Boomhower

I agree. Dates are always a pain in the butt to try and set. Best to just pick one and run with it. As it was stated earlier, some will be able to come and some won't. And if this turns into a monthly thing, then there's always next month.

Speaking of dates, April 21 is open for me. I'll go ahead and mark it down right now. Works out good anyways. Hopefully I'll have one of em new bang bang thang's by then...:)

Guest LiLBucket

Bang bang thang's, I've heard of one-a dem dare dooma-hickies!

Ya, I'll pencil in that date as well! Hopefully I too will have a couple other bang bangs ready by then too!!

Let's keep pushing this!!! Post up if you're interested. If it be this month or another, let's get an idea of group size.

I'm stoked!