I had no idea (caution gay thread)

I am not trying to convince you of anything. I have met guys before that seemed like they would be gay that turned out not to be, girly as you said. I have also met manly men that turned out to be gay so making that determination by the way one acts does not seem to be a good way to determine things.

Agreed, it was a specific person and a background for age vs choice, not meant as anything additional for other people. Could be meaningless as you said, but ... at that age ... he was, whatever one says, wired differently from day 1.

Edited by Jonnin

If I told you there are some larger Churches that offer not only services that help people that want to get out of a gay lifestyle but also help with other issues like sex addiction, drug addiction and devorce recovery how much info do I need to supply to reach the "accepted standard". Do you want the names of the Churches, leadership of the ministry?

No, I've done a bit of research on some of these ex-gay ministries like Exodus and Living Waters. There are others out there like them, but those are the big two. They're religious organizations that believe one can 'pray the gay away' with enough faith. The problem is, even they will admit their programs do not achieve results. Let me explain.

A gay man (or lesbian woman, but gay is shorter to type. :lol: ) is a man with intimate or sexual attractions to another man. The ex-gay ministries believe and advocate the use of 'therapy' and prayer in order to abstain from acting on homosexual attractions. However if you talk to some of the folks involved with these groups, both in leadership and people seeking 'help', they will admit that the gay 'urges' never go away. They are able to repress the urges, and by not acting on them they feel that they do not sin, and as a result have been 'cured'. I don't know about you, but if a man goes in with gay attractions and comes out with gay attractions, somehow I don't think anything has changed. Some do go on to have heterosexual relationships, but even then they will admit that the urges are still there. A large majority of their so called success stories fail, but you rarely hear about that from the folks promoting these groups.

Guest ThePunisher

A lot of celibate heterosexuals have to fight their urges and desires for sexual relations too, but through their faith in god and prayer they manage their celibacy.

A lot of celibate heterosexuals have to fight their urges and desires for sexual relations too, but through their faith in god and prayer they manage their celibacy.

Does that mean that they've been cured of heterosexuality? :lol:

It doesn't make a difference one way or the other, both sides are pretty set in their opinions. I doubt any of us have changed anyone else's opinions in this thread.

Edited by 56FordGuy
  • Like 1

I can see your point, that ability to resist urges is what sets humans above other animals.

I can resist punching the jerk in front of me at Subway for trying to talk on the phone and order a sandwich at the same time...and that's way harder than fighting the urge to kiss a dude.

Edited by BigK
I can resist punching the jerk in front of me at Subway trying to talk on the phone and order a sandwich at the same time...and that's way harder than fighting the urge to kiss a dude.

So you have urges to kiss a dude? Is that a choice, or were you born that way?

100% just kidding.

Guest ThePunisher

I can see your point, that ability to resist urges is what sets humans above other animals.

I can resist punching the jerk in front of me at Subway for trying to talk on the phone and order a sandwich at the same time...and that's way harder than fighting the urge to kiss a dude.

Well I'm sure glad you're not punching them out; one might turn out to be gay, and you would be charged with a hate crime. And please resist any urges to go kissing them.

Make a claim and be prepared to back it up. 56 made the point anyway.

Thomas Road Baptist Church claims to have helped many people leave the Gay lifestyle. Granted I took their word for it, why lie about such a thing. Maybe I should make them prove it to me.

Granted I do not know the answer to these questions but maybe others have and idea. If a person is attracted to the same sex are they never attracted to the opposite sex? If a person is in a same sex relationship does that mean there is nobody of the opposite sex that can fulfill their needs in the same way? I know someone that had a hard time dating women he finally got married and a week later she divorced him. The experience was so bad he gave up trying to find a woman and now lives a gay lifestyle. I new this guy well and I do not believe he was always gay. I will not give his name out so those that do not believe this will just have to take my word for or do not believe it.

I can see that some people have tendencies one way or the other I can also see that some because of things that happened in their life have made the choice. The point originally of the post was that there are so few gays why make such a big deal out of things they want when so few are affected. My point was that if all gays have no choice about it they should be offered the same opportunities everybody else has. If it is a life style choice then I do not think they should be offered the same opportunities. Many times you hear equating the gay movement with the civil rights movement and the woman’s movement. I do not see the correlation of those movements if many gays have chosen that life as compared to being born that way

I don't care what consenting adults choose to do in their private lives, or what color someones skin is or what religion they practice, what I do care about is when they start demanding other folks "accept" &/or "accomidate" their sexual preference, skin color, or religious beliefs.

Especially when they demand that acceptance &/or accomidation in the form of passing legislation & suing others through our court system.

IMHO a truely free society is one that is free to think, say and do as they please, without the government telling them that this thing or that thing is not lawful to think, say or do.

Even good intentioned tyranny is still tyranny IMHO.

Well, well, this gay thread has finally feel to it's knees. It had a good run and now everyone has changed their opinion about such a touchy subject. :D

It's just so fabulous that I could bring so many together. :love:

Ok ArmyVet, looks like you can unleash some more RonPaul and GaryJ. videos. :woohoo:

:usa: