Camo dip anyone?

Guest rebeldrummer

Guest rebeldrummer

I have wanted to try this but know I would mess it up. If either of you do it, let me know and i might offset some of your cost if you dip for me.

It's says you can do 3 pistols....maybe we can find a (more skilled than I) person and go in 3rds on it??

Im interested in dipping my M&P 40c or my 10/22 stock

I just need my glock dipped. I am talking to my father in law about him doing it, he is one of those people that can do anything and is very meticulous. I am looking at just dipping a slide. He might be a third that is willing to dip for us.

Edited by Lions Fan

This is actually a pretty proven method and they got it from custom guitar painters. The pattern that comes out is 100% unique and is impossible to replicate. Some folks tried to do their own guitars with mixed results. I'd definitely test it on something unimportant first until you feel confident in the procedure so you are sure to get good results on permanent stuff. It all depends on how the paint slick lies on the water before you dip the item. Here's what it looks like on a guitar (not the camo, but the water-bath-dipped-paint method):

SwirlComplete040.jpg

Edited by tt0511

There is a fella around here who has done quite a bit of it. He did a kydex holster for me with skulls on about 6 months ago or so. Unbelievably durable. I saw a couple of guns he did. He did a glock in some kind of grass pattern. If he ever lays that thing down he won't find it again.

I need to look into this myself. I like to change stuff up on the Glocks. I would like to see how it holds up to heat on a semi-auto pistol slide.

Guest rebeldrummer

This is actually a pretty proven method and they got it from custom guitar painters. The pattern that comes out is 100% unique and is impossible to replicate. Some folks tried to do their own guitars with mixed results. I'd definitely test it on something unimportant first until you feel confident in the procedure so you are sure to get good results on permanent stuff. It all depends on how the paint slick lies on the water before you dip the item. Here's what it looks like on a guitar (not the camo, but the water-bath-dipped-paint method):

oh yea yea, i have known about this method for a while now. the question was more towards the actual product i provided a link to....

didnt know if anyone around here had tried it or not already. for $100 its not that bad of a deal, as long as it is a quality product and will

hold up. thats really what i was getting at.

p.s. that guitar looks beautiful!!

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been looking in to this as well and thinking of getting a kit, after looking at all the utube videos it doesn't look to difficult.  The nice thing is that if you mess it up  you just shoot the base coat and redo the dip, so what can go wrong with that? 

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • Administrator

Yeahhhh... it's not suspicious at all when someone from Dubuque Iowa signs up to reply to a post from 3 years ago to tell you that "we just go their dip kit and it looks sweet".  :lol:

Shootn, if you want to advertise your business, let me know.  Otherwise, welcome to the forum and please refrain from making any posts designed to plug your business.

• Like 1