SLR-106U Arsenal Krink in 5.56

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/05/chris-dumm/shovel-ready-sbr-arsenal-slr-106u-krinkov-pistol/

Does anyone own one of these? I'm wondering on the reliability of it being a 5.56, with the history of 5.56 AKs that were meant to be 5.45 AKs. I am thinking of giving up my endevour of going through the hassle of building one with a Krink parts kit and just doing this instead. I had a 7.62 AK SBR on a few of my Iraq deployments and have no desire to own one... would rather have something in a 5.45, but will settle for 5.56 so long as it isn't hiccupping every other round.

Plan would be to pick one up and SBR it. Thoughts, suggestions, reviews?

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a look at this:

http://www.k-var.com.../SLR106-51.html

It is just a hacksaw away from being a a SBR :). The price isn't too bad either.

Dolomite

These rifles are Arsenals from what I understand. Essentially the pistol is the same thing, just with a shorter barrel. They MSRP for about the same, and Bud's has it for $734 shipped. Definitely in the price range if I sell off one of my rarely used "fun" guns.

As for the video, I stopped watching it after the second malfunction, mostly due to the "tough guy" music being played as this guy is dealing with multiple FTF... just hard to take that. I was wondering about this issue in regards to the mag. I have at least one 5.45 x 39 mag that does this with my AK-74; it will eject the casing (at a velocity of about 1,000 mph) but fail to strip one off. I chalk it up to a bad day on the assembly line in whatever Soviet bloc country it was manufactured. I thought maybe this could be the same. If not it would be good to know if this is systemic. I was hoping with the new popularity of these Bulgarian 5.56 guns there would be a few folks that picked 'em up that would have good/bad things to say. Really, it's the only thing from keeping me from pulling the trigger on this. I want to get the paperwork in before Obama gets reelected.

On Bud's and Slickguns.... hangon, lemme go back on my browser and find it.

Bud's: http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411550078 (no pic on there, weird)

Slickguns: http://www.slickguns.com/product/arsenal-inc-krink-slr106-47-556-nato-105-steel-black-plastic-5rd-adjustable-sights-slr106-47

Slickguns had it listed for $745 a month ago but I guess they updated their price to match Bud's. I don't know if Slickguns charges 3% more on CC, as the Bud's price is the cash price, not the CC price. Still pretty darn good. I'm surprised there isn't a plethora of reviews out there or folks here that don't have them yet. I've been looking for reviews all over the place but can't find anything that isn't slanted.

Edited by TMF

I've scoured YouTube on this and have only seen it performing well. Thinking that the one in the vid above was just a bad batch or poor mag. I hope if it's the former it could be sent to Arsenal for repair. I don't know the history of them backing their product.

Now that I see that the Krink muzzle device is actually a shroud, and that the barrel actually extends under the shroud out to 10.5 inches I'm pretty stoked. I was never happy with the idea of having a shorter barrel than that. Looks like I'm going to have to dump my GSG to fill the gun fund for this.