Attention Please

ARE YOU ALREADY A MEMBER BUT UNABLE TO SIGN IN?  PLEASE READ!!!

On Thursday, May 12th we upgraded our forum software to the latest IPBoard.  What you are seeing right now is the new software.  

If you are having trouble logging in, please try the following:

1. Reset your password using this link.
  2. If that fails, Contact Us using this link for assistance resetting your password.
  3. Alternatively, send us a message on our Facebook Page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TrickyNicky

Mkiii upgrades.

5 posts in this topic

So I want to improve my mkiii a bit by swapping the grips and adding VQ hammer, sear and trigger. Luckily enough brownels sells a kit with just those upgrades in mind. One other thing I'd like to do is remove the magazine safety as it just makes take down harder than it has to be.

So I'm wondering, can I buy the kit for the mkii instead? I've heard one of the fixes for the mag safety was to use a mkii hammer so pretty sure that would work but how about the sear and trigger? I'm also assuming there's no real difference to the grips right?

Last but not least, anyone have any feedback on that quick take down kit from dr frankenruger? Seems like a good idea to me but haven't seen one in person.

Thanks guys.

Thanks graycrait, the upgrade kit has most of those parts minus the extractor but I'm just trying to figure out if ordering the mkii kit would be compatable with my mkiii and have the benefit of removing the mag disconnect due to the mkii hammer, or is it the mkii bushing I'm after with a mkiii kit?

Thanks graycrait, the upgrade kit has most of those parts minus the extractor but I'm just trying to figure out if ordering the mkii kit would be compatable with my mkiii and have the benefit of removing the mag disconnect due to the mkii hammer, or is it the mkii bushing I'm after with a mkiii kit?

Mark II bushing and Mark III everything else. However, I wouldn't mess with the factory hammer due to light strikes being a very real possibilty. I only replaced the trigger and the sear and have a sweet trigger pull now. As far as the take down kit it's not recommended to fully dissasemble the Mark III's every time anyway due to the friction lock of the barrel to the grip.

You have to order a MKII bushing to replace the space of the mag disconnnect. I'm sure the Sams bushing is a better replacement for the mag disconnect space but I haven't ever ordered one. http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284558

I've used the MKII bushing a bunch and it works well enough. If it were me I would get the VQ sear, VQ trigger and MK II bushing.