knoxville gun show

Any vendors selling paracord there?
Sent from Behind a Set of Crosshairs

How much cord do you need?
I didn't need too much picked up some this morning along with cci pistol primers some accurate no 7 and some fmj 9mm bullets. I was at Davids booth not sure if u spoke with him or not though

Sent from Behind a Set of Crosshairs

I went to the gun auction at Powell Auction on Pleasant Ridge Road on Sat. morning instead of the gun show. Most guns there were selling for more than retail. Saw an Colt AR15 bring $2,500 and you had to pay a 13% buyers premium. I wanted to get a Sig P238, they sold three for $605 to $625 each, again before the 13% buyers premiun and sales tax of 9.25%. I stayed until an air rifle I wanted sold for more than retail.

Al

• Like 1
I went to the gun auction at Powell Auction on Pleasant Ridge Road on Sat. morning instead of the gun show. Most guns there were selling for more than retail. Saw an Colt AR15 bring $2,500 and you had to pay a 13% buyers premium. I wanted to get a Sig P238, they sold three for $605 to $625 each, again before the 13% buyers premiun and sales tax of 9.25%. I stayed until an air rifle I wanted sold for more than retail.

Al

The gun auction in Athens back in the Summer taught me a valuable lesson, DON'T EVER GO TO A GUN AUCTION AGAIN, unless for entertainment purposes only. Gun auctions bring out a hidden sickness that is in certain people, they lose all sense of rationale, they forget normal retail pricing, and they go into a fever pitch, gotta have it, gotta have it, SOLD! He, he its mine. These same people 24 hours removed from the auction will lie through their teeth what the out the door price was. Its always 50% of what they actually paid! My 2 cents!

Guest Fruit jar

Packin, I stocked up on cans on black friday at BPS, only thing I bought there.

The last auction I went to, a Kobalt hickery handle hatchet went for $30., New in the store is 19. I stopped at $5.

It was pretty "normal" today. Probably since the craze items were mostly fulfilled Fri and Sat.

Saw good number of older ARs that vendors were scaring up from somewhere, probably stuff they hadn't even been showing during normal times.

Lots of mags still, lowest priced new Pmags were at $30. Hi-cap handgun mags seemed to have bumped up too, but not doubled or more for the most part, except for the happy sticks.

Asked maybe a dozen folks walking around with ARs, nobody said less than $1500, most $2K and up,  'cept for one feller outside as we were leaving had an uber deadly actual Bushmaster he'd lowered to $1250.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

not too much to be excited about today at the show. 

I did not see any bulk ammo that I can recall.   People with their "assault" rifles for sale with laughable price tags.  I am not sure who I find at fault here, the sellers or buyers.  Though I did not see anyone sell any gun today.  Usually I see deals being made or at least people filling out 4473's.  I am guessing someone was selling but I never saw it.  There was no shortage of pmags that you all seems to like,  the only downside was the 30 dollar and up price tag.

Fairly uneventful day.  

I'd have liked to seen a used Model 60 but had no luck.

And thanks again David.

I had a good time with you guys, this weekend. That show was hilarious, wasn't it? I hope the next one is at

Merchant's Road, though.

We're going to have to go to Chandler's next time, also. If I keep this up, I might move to Knoxville. :D

I had a good time with you guys, this weekend. That show was hilarious, wasn't it? I hope the next one is at

Merchant's Road, though.

We're going to have to go to Chandler's next time, also. If I keep this up, I might move to Knoxville. :D

I enjoyed the weekend too, Mark.

Damn, next show is at Chilhowee again, end of Jan. That's first time they haven't alternated in a long time.

Gotta getcha to Scruggs, you'll love it. Or leave quickly looking over your shoulder. Probably one or the other. :)

- OS

Merchant's Road, though.

Sadly, I think the next one planned at the Expo Center isn't until March... http://rkshows.com/south/tennessee.htm