walmart and ammo

Well I talked to my local sporting good manager and they informed me that they cant or wont order anymore 223 556 7.62 or 22 ammo anytime soon... anyone know whats up with that? I cant see how they would justify that. Pulling guns is one thing, but pulling ammo is just absurd.

new to me... my walmart has ammo... i went this morning and bought 2 boxes of 225 count remington 22lr...he had 10 total... so i thought id leave some for other people being the nice guy i am... well this "B" behind me was on the phone with someone and she bought the last 8 boxes... needless to say i wasn't happy at all! so next time i go and they have it i will be buying it all :) .223 on the other hand i have not seen one box... but 9mm, 40, 45, 38 357 is all over the place

Guest ArmyVeteran37214
My store got a shipment (.223 100 pks and others) in on Wed night, new stock was put out sometime Thurs and was gone when I arrived at last night. I knew I should have stuck around long enough to get my hands on some.
Guest Halfling

new to me... my walmart has ammo... i went this morning and bought 2 boxes of 225 count remington 22lr...he had 10 total... so i thought id leave some for other people being the nice guy i am... well this "B" behind me was on the phone with someone and she bought the last 8 boxes... needless to say i wasn't happy at all! so next time i go and they have it i will be buying it all :) .223 on the other hand i have not seen one box... but 9mm, 40, 45, 38 357 is all over the place

Which Wally World you talking about carter??

I believe that the present Presidential Admin is reaching out and telling these Big name stores to start reducing the availability of ammo to the public.  It's a known fact that there have been 'closed door' discussions with Gander Mountain, Wal-Marts and a few other CEO's at these meetings with VP Biden. Now,  suddenly, these 'Assault rounds' are disappearing and not being restocked. Once they're sold , that's it.  I know these rounds are 'hot' right now, maybe it's just a matter of resupplying. But when store managers are saying now, right after these closed door meetings in Wash DC that they 'Can't or won't order ' any more, something stinks in Washington DC.  I think a total war is being declared on gun owners and we've only seen the beginning. Anti-gunners have said for years, take away the ammo, or tax it so high that folks can't afford it. Then guns become useless. No guns~~No crime. In their minds, it's a" Sensible Gun Law'.  :eek:

• Like 1

The Walmart in Humboldt had some 100 round boxes of Federal 45ACP. The price had gone up from 29.95 to 33.95. Not sure how many boxes they had as I was looking for 22LR. They had10 boxesof 100 round 22 LR that moring but only had 1 box left when I got there.  That one box was over $7.00 for plain round nose Remington. They pulled out a box of 223 from under the counter for the guy behind me. Plenty of 40 but no 9MM in stock.

The store in Bartlett got in 4 of the 420 round 5.56 ammo cans last night. The employee I talked with said they had customers standing around the counter at midnight waiting as they put tax stamps on them. They were gone like that.

The same employee also said that the store in Millington also got 4 cans and word is an employee there bought them and then went out in the parking lot and resold them. I'd hate to know that was true.
Another thing that ticked me off was at a local pawn shop they had 10 boxes of american eagle 5.56 but had a posted sign limting ammo to 2 boxes a customer. All of the sudden I see a guy walk out with after buying all 10 boxes at one time. At the same time I seen them marking surplus metal ar mags for 49.99.

I believe that the present Presidential Admin is reaching out and telling these Big name stores to start reducing the availability of ammo to the public.  It's a known fact that there have been 'closed door' discussions with Gander Mountain, Wal-Marts and a few other CEO's at these meetings with VP Biden. Now,  suddenly, these 'Assault rounds' are disappearing and not being restocked. Once they're sold , that's it.  I know these rounds are 'hot' right now, maybe it's just a matter of resupplying. But when store managers are saying now, right after these closed door meetings in Wash DC that they 'Can't or won't order ' any more, something stinks in Washington DC.  I think a total war is being declared on gun owners and we've only seen the beginning. Anti-gunners have said for years, take away the ammo, or tax it so high that folks can't afford it. Then guns become useless. No guns~~No crime. In their minds, it's a" Sensible Gun Law'.  :eek:

Got a source for this?

Truth is everybody with a gun is in a panic and is buying everything they can get their hands on. The conspiracy about ammo doesn't exist.

• Like 2

Just left my WW and the guy behind the counter said he is getting ammo in almost everyday and it sells out within an hour or so no matter how much they get in. He said they got a bunch of ammo this morning and it was gone in 30mins. He said they don't even put it in the display, just sell it straight out of the shipping box.

it was my understanding that you can't purchase ammo at a walmart after like 10pm until the morning...guess that isn't the case... hum heck i tried to buy a camera at like 2am in the morning and they wouldn't sell it to me lol...

it was my understanding that you can't purchase ammo at a walmart after like 10pm until the morning...guess that isn't the case... hum heck i tried to buy a camera at like 2am in the morning and they wouldn't sell it to me lol...

I'm sure glad their open 24 hours a day so we can pick out what we want to buy tomorrow. :rofl:

Picked up some .17 at Wally World on the corner of Nolensville Rd. and Harding today and the clerk told me they were not going to sell .223 or 5.56 ever again !

Mmm. Believe it when I see it. I doubt the rank and file WalMart clerk has much more of an inside line on high level corporate decisions than the general public. If anything, they're subject to more rumors and speculation in the breakroom...

thats totally up to management... they order the guns they sell the ammo everything... so if the manager decides not to have it in his store thats his choice...my walmart still gets AR's said the colt is still running $1099...when they get one in and it lasts for more than 10 minutes lol then someone scopes it up and thinks they can sell it for 2000... HAHA this idiot aint buying it... heck the 223 i do have i didnt buy there anyways...i bought it off line a few months ago for about .18 cents a round... they still get all there ammo it just sells so fast its like they never got it