walmart and ammo

I've been told by the WM sporting goods they receive the shipments at night and you have to be there at 7:00, if you expect to get any due to the fact it sales out in 5 min.

You show up at 7:00 AM and you will be about 9 hrs too late. Stores usually start unloading the truck about 4 pm and around 10 PM they bring it out and stage it around the store for the overnight stock crew to put out. Edited by EB-SF
Guest Fruit jar

A truck driving friend of mine pulls Remington loads to walmart warehouse. His last load was a third of what it usually is. I've sent an email to my Winchester driving friend. Another driver told me that when he went to the warehouse for a pick up, it was empty after loading his truck. The companies can't produce it as fast as it's being sold now.

I have a friend to ask if I would post his 38 spl brass for sell here. I told him that I couldn't do a second or third party sell.

I found out the issue ... I'm at Walmart right now and they have ammo in the back but NO TAX STAMPS! The manager said they are out Of stamps and the state is out too and they can't get any... So hum not sure if this is true or just blowing hot air at me... They have PPU 9mm for 14.57 a box ... PPU 40 for 19.97 a box , fed hydrachok 45acp 24.97 for 25... And hunting rifle ammo ... Remington target 100 round 22lr for 7.07

I check the WalMart in Paris every week.  They haven't had any 9mm on the shelves for at least a month or two, save some off brand foreign made crap that they wanted $15/50, and they only had 6 boxes of that.  Luckily, I've got a case of Sellier & Belliot currently en route that I got at a pretty decent price.

Ha! Good thing I stuck around ... The clerk just got here and he found some tax stamps! Yooohoooo he's in the back now gathering ammo :D ... Just buying up 22 right now not worried about 223 atm Edited by carter
And btw they clerk said they have 3 rocket carts (what ever that is) full of ammo in the back but no 223 and only a few pages of stamps left... Oh and a 6 item max on ammo...

Just left my WW and the guy behind the counter said he is getting ammo in almost everyday and it sells out within an hour or so no matter how much they get in. He said they got a bunch of ammo this morning and it was gone in 30mins. 

That's what I have been told at Wal Mart in Shelbyville. He says they are getting in what they normally get in. It just does not last long.

I check the WalMart in Paris every week.  They haven't had any 9mm on the shelves for at least a month or two, save some off brand foreign made crap that they wanted $15/50, and they only had 6 boxes of that.  Luckily, I've got a case of Sellier & Belliot currently en route that I got at a pretty decent price.

Prvi is anything but foreign crap...I have used a few different calibers of Prvi and it has always run reliably from my AR to my M&P9.

• Like 2

I believe that the present Presidential Admin is reaching out and telling these Big name stores to start reducing the availability of ammo to the public....

Makes sense to me. It's not like any of these places actually want to make a profit or anything. Right.

- OS

i believe the walmart CEO refused to meet with Biden ... i mean look what happened to K-Mart after the Clinton admin... they went bankrupt and Sears ended up buying them...

Was wandering around again in Walmart tonight. Went thru the sporting goods section and looked to see what ammo they had. Very slim pickings. The two guys who worked the counter there were standing next to the ammo case and I started talking to them after one of the guys said "Not much in there" and laughed for a second. Somehow the issue of tax stamps came up and I asked them if they had any trouble getting them as of late. One guy replied that they were out and had been on order for 2 weeks. I asked them if they had ammo in the back but just couldn`t bring it out because of no stamp. The guy replied "yes". We finished talking and I wished them well and went on my way. I`m going to watch this one. May go back in a few days and see if they have more ammo out for sale.

i believe the walmart CEO refused to meet with Biden ... i mean look what happened to K-Mart after the Clinton admin... they went bankrupt and Sears ended up buying them...

You got that backwards,K-Mart actually bought Sears,not that either one is making a killing these days

WalMart has put a hold on manual ordering of ammunition. Got the email yesterday, and it's from home office. It's an attempt to allow all stores to get the same amount of ammo. If one store is putting in 100 orders a day, and another store (with lazy management) has not put in any orders, both will now receive the same amounts of ammo, at roughly the same time. Prices also jumped yesterday at the Alcoa Walmart. Remington .30-06 is now $21.17, Tula 7.62x39 is now $5.17, Tula .223 is now $5.27, American Eagle .223 is now $8.07, American Eagle Value pack 100rds is now $34.97, and the list goes on. Walmart is not hoarding ammo in the warehouse, rather they are getting it in and shipping it to the stores asap. Some ammo orders are backordered til 2014. 

Guest icon777
Wal mart store manger said there going to stop selling guns and ammo. I know some wal marts did not sell gun before. All I will say it I want be back in there if they do.

Prior to Newton I had a few honey holes throughout middle Tennessee that I would consistently acquire 100 round value packs of .380, 9mm, .45 ACP, et al. In addition to countless 420 round ammo cans of XM193 + XM855. From time to time I would walk away from 100 round value packs as I was confident with my then current stockpile (I still am, but I would buy up everything in sight now). My have times changed! Lately, all I have accrued are 100 round value packs of 12 GA bird shot. As of over a week from today, no 100 round value packs of 12 GA have been available other than 20 GA. Fun times my friends!

Edited by Cartel

Wal mart store manger said there going to stop selling guns and ammo. I know some wal marts did not sell gun before. All I will say it I want be back in there if they do.

My local WM told me yesterday that the memo had been received that they will not stop selling ammo. He didn't mentions guns.
  • Like 1
I was told by a district manager that some stores will stop selling ammo and guns but that was the plan BEFORE the current situation. Several locations were going to start slimming the sporting goods sections at the start of this fiscal year. He said that the slimming down is being put on hold at least 6mo due to the amount ALL stores are doing in the sporting goods dept. The stores that were scuttling the sporting goods were the stores that the sporting goods did less than 1% own non food sales. It is a fiscal des ion not a political one.