State suspends gun carry permit for James Yeager

has had his handgun carry permit suspended Friday by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security.

DHS? Really? Is this common?

I hope the reporter took the peas out of the pod with that comment. I have a huge problem with a federal agency having such broad authority.

Publicly saying what he did, he certainly deserves the consequences.... but the revoking of a carry permit is not a federal issue.

What if O orders DHS to revoke all permits nationwide. Bad. Bad. Bad.

• Like 2
Guest parris001

Wow. Where to come down on this one........? Hmmmmm.........

I myself have had to suffer the serious consequences of posting a video on youtube, in a fit of anger, and having it come with a very high price. I lost my job.

He come's off as being a bit of a loose cannon.  But I agree with part of his argument. We'll all be shafted by this administration. 

While I didn't think the video he released was a good idea...  I suspect he'll get his permit back in short order...  I think he's going to have a very good claim that the speech in the video is protected by the first amendment, and as such it's a violation of his first amendment rights to use that speech as a reason to revoke his permit.

And whoever the idiot bureaucrat was at TDOS that approved this needs to be in the unemployment line before the EOB today. 

And again we should be calling our legislators and demanding they remove TDOS ability to revoke permits without a criminal arrest/conviction...  We don't need a bureaucrat with this type of power.

• Like 3
  • Moderators

While I didn't think the video he released was a good idea...  I suspect he'll get his permit back in short order...  I think he's going to have a very good claim that the speech in the video is protected by the first amendment, and as such it's a violation of his first amendment rights to use that speech as a reason to revoke his permit.

And whoever the idiot bureaucrat was at TDOS that approved this needs to be in the unemployment line before the EOB today. 

And again we should be calling our legislators and demanding they remove TDOS ability to revoke permits without a criminal arrest/conviction...  We don't need a bureaucrat with this type of power.

I'm not laughing. What law is this revocation based on?

These are the things that worry me. How long before they start combing the interwebs for the things we have said here or on Facebook and then start revoking our permits for what we have said? As much as I think it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy when they snagged Kwik's to what has happened with Yeager, it is becoming disturbingly easy to snatch an HCP.
  • Like 1

I'm not laughing. What law is this revocation based on?

Same one that zapped Kwik's:

"39-17-1352.  Suspension or revocation of license.

(a) The department shall suspend or revoke a handgun permit upon a showing by its records or other sufficient evidence that the permit holder:
   (3) Poses a material likelihood of risk of harm to the public;"

"sufficient evidence" is of course, up to TNDOS.

- OS

Guest bkelm18
39-17-1352 Outlines the causes for HCP suspension. If I were a betting man I would bet they got him on that he poses a material likelihood of risk of harm to the general public. We do not have a right to carry firearm in Tennessee. It is a privilege. Run your mouth like a fucking moron and you get your hand slapped. I learned that in first grade.

I have zero problems with this legally, ethically, cosmically, whatever-ically.

I posted this on Facebook earlier and I'll say it here, people that are starting to scream for revolution and civil war and shots being fired and packing lunchables to go off and kill people are delusional. We are nowhere even in the ballpark of armed conflict. There is a difference between being active, engaged, and informed, but people on both sides of this issue are slinging crap and cashing checks their mouths can't cash. Yeager is a loudmouth idiot and this has been coming for sometime. I hope he loses his permit, his licenses to teach, and serves jail time for making terroristic threats.

If the time ever comes for something to happen, I pray to God above it doesn't, who do YOU want to rally behind? People like James Yeager and Alex Jones or people like Ben Shapiro and Joshua Boston? I'll take intelligence and a mindset to get things fixed over insane calls for bloodshed and war before a freakin' bill has even hit the floor.

/rant off

Edited by Punisher84
  • Like 1