USA Gives 16 F16 Fighter Jets & 200 Abrams Tanks to Egypt

To a leader they helped get in power by supporting the "Arab Spring" that is a racist (anti-Semite), and calls the hand that feeds him a liar.

Really? And the president wants to disarm law abiding citizens, yet he sends weapons of war to a leader of the terrorist Muslim Brotherhood?

Why doesn't Obama revoke all of this military aide and support? The price tag on this stuff has to be huge as well!

WTF!

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/22/gift-us-f-16-fighter-jets-en-route-to-egypt-amid-criticism/

I don’t care if they are F-16’s, they wander over to Israel and they will be taken out. I wonder how Lockheed feels about supporting them, or what would happen if they refuse.

Obama wants to cut our military in an effort to balance the budget, but then helps maintain Egypt’s military. This also puts more technology in the hands of countries that will try to use it against us.

This is just another act that supports my feelings that this man is doing everything he can to destroy America and alienate us from our allies.

[quote name="DaveTN" post="894508" timestamp="1359029409"]I don’t care if they are F-16’s, they wander over to Israel and they will be taken out. I wonder how Lockheed feels about supporting them, or what would happen if they refuse.  [/quote] Lockheed doesn't have any official power to say otherwise when filling a contract, and it would probably be bad business to refuse an order on political reasons. However, I'm sure that amongst the inner circles of the MIC of DC, there is some degree of pushback when things like this go through. I think, once again, Obama took the calculated way out. I don't think this is about some kind of deep seeded hatred of Israel, but more of a lack of consideration. If Obama stops a shipment that was already promised to Egypt (albeit, promised when Mubarak was in power) he is having to make a decision that will upset the Arab countries he tries so hard to appease (a la Neville Chamberlain), however, if he just fails to make any decision and lets it happen the only negative press he gets is a few stories on Fox News, which, lets face it, is mostly watched by people who already have their minds made up on Obama. So the truth here has more to do with Obama lacking a spine than a determined mission to undermine Israel. On the bright side, those F16s and Abrahms tanks don't contain all the high speed technology which we have in our equipment. Certain technologies with in those platforms are withheld from foreign countries. We gave the Iraqis a lot of stuff too, to include F16s and Abrahms tanks. They might as well be a cool looking T-72 and Mig-21s. Israel would turn them into scrap with the quickness if those were ever deployed against them.

I wonder if Lockheed employees know/knew where the planes are going as they build them.  If I knew I was building them for Egypt, damn if I'd do my very best work that day.  Maybe a slightly out of balance turbo fan? Poorly synchronized controls?  

Not only is Obama anti Israel, but anti American as well, obviously.  How can there be ANY doubt.  The Egyptian president regularly makes anti American speeches.

As far the Defense industry goes, I doubt they care who they sell to as long as they sell.  Stockholder opinion reigns.

[quote name="TMF" post="894560" timestamp="1359035758"]Many of those stockholders and influential people in the MIC are Jewish.[/quote] I also notice many anti-gun politicians claim Judaism and family histories that include escape from Nazi occupied countries. Which just don't make no sense to me. but whatever a lot of things don't make sense.
[quote name="JWC" post="894734" timestamp="1359047300"]I also notice many anti-gun politicians claim Judaism and family histories that include escape from Nazi occupied countries. Which just don't make no sense to me. but whatever a lot of things don't make sense.[/quote] Roger that. As far as Israel is concerned though, there are very close relationships between the Israelis and folks over at Lockheed Martin. If I remember correctly, Lockheed has the contract for their so-called "iron dome" and is supposed to fill an order for a half dozen F-35 jets sometime in the near future. And, based on my understanding aeronautics, the F-35 is twice as good as an F-16... if you multiply 16 x 2 you only get 32, so the jets the Israelis will have is 4 F's better!
  • Like 1

On the bright side, those F16s and Abrahms tanks don't contain all the high speed technology which we have in our equipment. Certain technologies with in those platforms are withheld from foreign countries. We gave the Iraqis a lot of stuff too, to include F16s and Abrahms tanks. They might as well be a cool looking T-72 and Mig-21s. Israel would turn them into scrap with the quickness if those were ever deployed against them.

This is correct, and we've been doing this for decades for our "friends".

Is there a secret competion going on that I don't know about? Seems like everyday some guys are trying to out do one another with scary stories. We have a legitimate threat in our crosshairs (gun ban), lets concentrate on that for a minute.

If we didn't give them spare parts, or if we don't give them spare parts, the equipment is useless.  Fighters and tanks are high-maintenance.

Sort of reminds me of the flap over China buying an aircraft carrier recently.  Someone commented that owning an aircraft carrier is fairly easy.  Conducting flight operations from a carrier is not easy.

I wonder if Lockheed employees know/knew where the planes are going as they build them.  If I knew I was building them for Egypt, damn if I'd do my very best work that day.  Maybe a slightly out of balance turbo fan? Poorly synchronized controls?  

We also provide them with parts and technical training. Your sabotage would only cost the tax payer more money.

Something like what Caster mentioned did actually happen after Shah was deposed in Iran, if I said that right. Those F-15s sold,

earlier, became useless very quick. Of course, it was partly due to the political wind making it impossible for Iran to get crucial

parts for them.

I think Israel can handle Egypt. Makes it very difficult for them to handle a fight from all sides, though.

and all our tax money is jest going down the tubes when it really needs to be put towards something else. No wonder US is getting broke, with doing things like this. Edited by ted
[quote name="ted" post="894780" timestamp="1359049737"]and all our tax money is jest going down the tubes when it really needs to be put towards something else. No wonder US is getting broke, with doing things like this.[/quote] He is investing that money into foreign internal defense projects to create stability in the region so we don't have to get involved in another war there....... BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!..... I almost got that one out with a straight face..... but seriously, a huge waste of money that shoulda gone elsewhere. The only reason it made sense to give this stuff to their military when Mubarak was in power was because we had some degree of control over his regime. These fundamentalists that have taken over Egypt will not be pacified and we should not worry about spending another dime there. While I think diplomacy is always our best option, we should recognize that any diplomatic concessions we make with these monkeys is perceived as weakness, and we should never approach diplomatic relationships with our enemies from a position of weakness. They are our enemy now; their words, not mine. Obama's decision to ignore the problem is directly tied to concerns over his approval rating.
Guest CigarGuy

My recollection was that Egypt first got foreign aid when Sadat signed a peace treaty with Israel. Carrot/stick kinda thingy, I guess?

Time to bring out the stick?