Looks like Magpul will be moving

Seems they've already found us ... we have whole foods, the contributor, a new convention center we arguably didn't need (and unarguably can't afford), and a Hollywood TV show about Nashville. The libs are here and sadly,
I fear, more are on the way. The CA bunch seems to have got Nashville. The Detroit bunch got Memphis. Who's calling dibs on Chatt or Knoxville?!?

I'm worried Chatty may have already been discovered after Outside Magazine named us the best outdoor city last year. If we get invaded down here I really don't know what I'll do. I love this city. 

So, has Magpul made an announcement? Or their parent company?

I think they may be done announcing until the Governor signs the bill. They did announce that they're prepared to keep up their PMAG production. I think they're ready to pull the trigger if they have to.

I'm worried Chatty may have already been discovered after Outside Magazine named us the best outdoor city last year. If we get invaded down here I really don't know what I'll do. I love this city.

Ouch ... I didn't realize that had happened but yea ... I'd say you've been made. Likely to get the San Fran / Seattle / Colorado crowd if you're an outdoor town. :(

Ouch ... I didn't realize that had happened but yea ... I'd say you've been made. Likely to get the San Fran / Seattle / Colorado crowd if you're an outdoor town. :(

Yep, I've already noticed an uptick in the amount of Obama stickers I see on vehicles around town. Every time I see a Prius with a Obama/Biden sticker on the car it's all I can do not to run them out of town. 

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Yep, I've already noticed an uptick in the amount of Obama stickers I see on vehicles around town. Every time I see a Prius with a Obama/Biden sticker on the car it's all I can do not to run them out of town. 

I'll bet they had an Obamaphone and mount in their Prius, didn't they? :D

Guest 6.8 AR

Maybe Magpul will commemorate the moment with a blue 2-round magazine for AR's, only for Colorado residents.

Southpark will probably do a show about this, if they haven't already.

Hum the tune from "Deliverance" at them and smile real big.

So I haven't kept up the nuances in the law.

Existing mags are grandfathered? Assuming yes, what's the burden of proof as to when they were purchased?

Heck, what was the burden of proof on stuff for manufacturers or resells during the '94 AWB?

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Existing mags are grandfathered? Assuming yes, what's the burden of proof as to when they were purchased?

Heck, what was the burden of proof on stuff for manufacturers or resells during the '94 AWB?

- OS

I saw comments on a Colorado site today. The advice was... ignore the law. No way to prove when they were made.

BTW... the dumber this gets, the more folks will ignore it. If y'all absolutely insist on turning me into a criminal, then I'm probably smart enough to be good at it.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 1

I don't understand what's so funny about this? :shrug:

- Posted while riding clean in my Prius using Tapatalk for Obamaphone

The fact that in Obama's progressive society, some can make $80K without working, hence afford the Prius, and get a free phone to boot?

And that's without necessarily even going on disability, of which there's been an unprecedented increase since he took office. I guess somehow the collective workplace has become unprecedentedly more dangerous since '08 some how or other.

- OS

The fact that in Obama's progressive society, some can make $80K without working, hence afford the Prius, and get a free phone to boot?

And that's without necessarily even going on disability, of which there's been an unprecedented increase since he took office. I guess somehow the collective workplace has become unprecedentedly more dangerous since '08 some how or other.

- OS

I gotta figure that one out. Do you HAVE to take the Prius, though?  

Crack is whack y'all.
I once had a patient who ground up a common blood pressure medicine and sold it as crack on the street. He said he figured out that if the dosage was high enough people felt "high" because their brain wasn't getting a high enough blood pressure. He had some how or another gotten a ton of scripts for the stuff and filled at Publix because its free. If nothing else it's at least a bum with an imagination.

... in other news; he was "my" patient because he was in the ICU after someone beat the snot out of him. Presumably because they found out ...

I saw comments on a Colorado site today. The advice was... ignore the law. No way to prove when they were made.

Yeah, that would be my reaction. Unlike the 94 ban, companies can still make them. Only trick is getting them into the state to buy, as they'll not ship into CO I reckon.

- OS

Yeah, that would be my reaction. Unlike the 94 ban, companies can still make them. Only trick is getting them into the state to buy, as they'll not ship into CO I reckon.

- OS

If it's not federal, you won't see any stamps on the product. I'm seriously about done with these grabbers. Remeber when kissing lady parts was illegal? Stupid laws get a stupid response.

BTW... they got plenty of weed into that state when it was illegal. It had enough fan base to win an election. Lots of shooters in Colorado.

Edited by mikegideon

If a person who is alleged to have violated subsection (1) of this section asserts that he or she is permitted to legally possess a large capacity magazine pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subsection (2), the prosecution has the burden of proof to refute the assertion.

And this specifically targets Magpul. Manufacturers in other states won’t have to comply.

A large capacity magazine that is manufactured in Colorado on or after the effective date of this section must include a permanent stamp or marking indicating that the large capacity magazine was manufactured or assembled after the effective date of this section. The stamp or marking must be legibly and conspicuously engraved or cast upon the outer surface of the large capacity magazine.