Small cal / large cal, handgun / long gun

Guest The Itis

WOW jest WOW so mutch hostility where are your manners , what happen to respect for your fellow man . Some of us don't read that mutch and some like me can't even hardly spell , that does not mean where all stupid , I'm sure if he is a good hunter he will prob out last most of us , you never know you may need your fellow mans help one day , I would not try and burn bridges here . And don't take things so personal ,

Not burning bridges is damn good advice; most especially so when he hasn't tried to build any yet. ;)

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 3

WOW jest WOW so mutch hostility where are your manners , what happen to respect for your fellow man . Some of us don't read that mutch and some like me can't even hardly spell , that does not mean where all stupid , I'm sure if he is a good hunter he will prob out last most of us , you never know you may need your fellow mans help one day , I would not try and burn bridges here . And don't take things so personal ,

Welp I won't be "surviving" by hunting, I will of course continue to hunt, but only to suppliment my families caloric intake, same with trapping, I am both a (former) farmer & a commercial fisherman so the Hatchie & Mississippi rivers is where my families main source of protien (and trade) will come from, but I fully intend to grow most of our food if S does ever HTF.

I'm fairly certain my family will never go hungry enough to ever starve to death, but then again nothing is ever totally guaranteed either, which is why I've planned a multi-pronged approach.

I just wish I could grow potatos, every year I have problems with them, even the little plot this years produced bumpkis! Never could get potatos to grow worth a darn in Indiana either.

Say if one or both rivers ever experienced a massive fish kill or became contaminated, or if we experienced a sever cold snap for a few seasons (mini ice-age) at least I have more than one avenue of feeding my kin.
  • Like 2

Welp I won't be "surviving" by hunting, I will of course continue to hunt, but only to suppliment my families caloric intake, same with trapping, I am both a (former) farmer & a commercial fisherman so the Hatchie & Mississippi rivers is where my families main source of protien (and trade) will come from, but I fully intend to grow most of our food if S does ever HTF.
I'm fairly certain my family will never go hungry enough to ever starve to death, but then again nothing is ever totally guaranteed either, which is why I've planned a multi-pronged approach.
I just wish I could grow potatos, every year I have problems with them, even the little plot this years produced bumpkis! Never could get potatos to grow worth a darn in Indiana either.
Say if one or both rivers ever experienced a massive fish kill or became contaminated, or if we experienced a sever cold snap for a few seasons (mini ice-age) at least I have more than one avenue of feeding my kin.

see I tole him so . No reason to try and burn bridges , we may need your advise one day ,
  • Like 1

see I tole him so . No reason to try and burn bridges , we may need your advise one day ,

I don't mind sharing what I've learned & I have pretty thick skin so no worries, he (and anyone else) is welcome to come down & go hunting or fishing with me, so long as they have the proper license & don't act like a tard/jerkoff or drink/do drugs, we'd probably all have a good time, maybe learn something in the process.

I learn new stuff all the time, the trick is to always keep an open mindset to new ideas/ways of doing stuff.

Spot's is the man though, I'm just in awe of that dude & his dad, the stuff I could learn from those two would definately be invaluable.
  • Like 4

Well I agree with Robert, the OP is either a troll or the type of person that wouldn't make it past his first meeting with strangers if the S every HTF. I don't think I have seen anyone come on TGO and PO this many people with only one thread. I'm kind of surprised David let this one go this far.

Well I agree with Robert, the OP is either a troll or the type of person that wouldn't make it past his first meeting with strangers if the S every HTF. I don't think I have seen anyone come on TGO and PO this many people with only one thread. I'm kind of surprised David let this one go this far.

well I think he is from Hawaii that would explain it , he may have been drinking to mutch lava water or some thing . Edited by ted

well I think he is from Hawaii that would explain it , he may have been drinking to mutch lava water or some thing . I think he's a troll also I agree with you crossfire . If you look back at some of his post smart a## all over the place or dumb questions .

I got the impression that he was rather young, I'm not sure if he's serious about the topic or not, hard to tell on an online type forum if someone is seriously interested or just jerking folks around sometimes.
  • Like 2

well I think he is from Hawaii that would explain it , he may have been drinking to mutch lava water or some thing . I think he's a troll also I agree with you crossfire . If you look back at some of his post smart a## all over the place or dumb questions .

I believe he's a young pup wanting to run with the big dogs.

Check out his new member intro. posted 27 July 2013 - 01:48 AM.

agree what you said +1 but for me it would be my EMP 40 and Springfield XDs 9mm for my pistols

Ah jeez Ted, ya go around bringing up the notion of two pistols?! I think a certain someone's head might explode! :rofl:

Pretty much this.^

Although like Richard I don't consider any bridge burned or anything.
  • Like 1

I don't mind sharing what I've learned & I have pretty thick skin so no worries, he (and anyone else) is welcome to come down & go hunting or fishing with me, so long as they have the proper license & don't act like a tard/jerkoff or drink/do drugs, we'd probably all have a good time, maybe learn something in the process.

I learn new stuff all the time, the trick is to always keep an open mindset to new ideas/ways of doing stuff.

Spot's is the man though, I'm just in awe of that dude & his dad, the stuff I could learn from those two would definately be invaluable.

I don't know about being the man lol. I was lucky enough to have a dad who believed in do it yourself to the extreme, as well as being competitive and humble at the same time. He learned alot from his dad, and the rest he taught himself from necessity, just as I've had to do with somethings. I learned a ton from him and others I taught myself because I needed to get something done so I just did it. Thank you for the compliments though, they are truly appreciated. And if you ever wanna learn a skill your welcome at our place anytime. We will show you what we do know as we like to share knowledge. Any given weekend that might be blacksmithing, wood working, carpentry, logging, tree climbing, construction, martial arts, gardening, whatever. You and anyone else on this forum is welcome anytime.

I believe he's a young pup wanting to run with the big dogs.
Check out his new member intro. posted 27 July 2013 - 01:48 AM.

Easy. Not all of us young pups are cocky, some of us are hear to learn from the older guys who have already made the mistakes and have some life experiences we can draw from.

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 2
[quote name="TrickyNicky" post="1014566" timestamp="1376354803"]
Ah jeez Ted, ya go around bringing up the notion of two pistols?! I think a certain someone's head might explode! :rofl:

I know it's even to mutch for me to even comprehend did I put two guns in the mix , oh my . Oh we'll Have to have one for the pocket its called back up Hehehe .

Well if Ted gets two then I want two!

I'll take my Nagant revolver as my second. Why? It's gotta be the perfect tool for some job I guess. Considering my primary two guns fire a total of 5 rounds, I guess I don't need much of a reason anymore?

Oh wait, I got it. The Nagant is perfect because I may run into a conversion cylinder to let it shoot 32acp. The I'd have three guns with seven different calibers.

E5149C4D-66AE-4771-972D-1973448798B2-102

Edited by TrickyNicky

I'll take my Nagant revolver as my second. Why? It's gotta be the perfect tool for some job I guess. Considering my primary two guns fire a total of 5 rounds, I guess I don't need much of a reason anymore?
Oh wait, I got it. The Nagant is perfect because I may run into a conversion cylinder to let it shoot 32acp. The I'd have three guns with seven different calibers. E5149C4D-66AE-4771-972D-1973448798B2-102

will it fit in your pocket ? It has to be able to fit in your pocket are your breaking the rules hahaha

I think there would be a larger % of four legged critters still around then the two legged ones after a couple of months.

If wild game became the primary source of meat then animals like deer would disappear even if our population was 1/4 what it is right now. The woods would be more packed than the cities when you consider the number of people who think bugging out to the nearest state park will be the answer. Year round hunting of wild game by thousands of times more hunters would destroy the critter population and make much of them extinct in no time at all.
Guest The Itis

well I think he is from Hawaii that would explain it , he may have been drinking to mutch lava water or some thing .

And let me guess, I retort with some quip about you southerners being whacked on moonshine and then I'm the one that's out of line? :rolleyes:

What I've seen as a common theme here is a handful of boorish old codgers that turn into hypersensitive, defensive, irate, hotheads the moment someone doesn't hang on to their every word as gospel. It definitely wasn't me who started with the personal attacks, and the blatant hypocrisy of people preaching civility while being the instigators is astonishing. :down:

[quote name="The Itis" post="1014689" timestamp="1376368655"]And let me guess, I retort with some quip about you southerners being whacked on moonshine and then I'm the one that's out of line? :rolleyes: don't take things so personal . But the moonshine would be a good comeback though , and I wouldn't say you where out of line , I would think it was funny in a joking way

If wild game became the primary source of meat then animals like deer would disappear even if our population was 1/4 what it is right now. The woods would be more packed than the cities when you consider the number of people who think bugging out to the nearest state park will be the answer. Year round hunting of wild game by thousands of times more hunters would destroy the critter population and make much of them extinct in no time at all.

you do have a very good point .

And let me guess, I retort with some quip about you southerners being whacked on moonshine and then I'm the one that's out of line? :rolleyes:

What I've seen as a common theme here is a handful of boorish old codgers that turn into hypersensitive, defensive, irate, hotheads the moment someone doesn't hang on to their every word as gospel. It definitely wasn't me who started with the personal attacks, and the blatant hypocrisy of people preaching civility while being the instigators is astonishing. :down:

I'm really glad to see that you've taken the "don't burn bridges" advice to heart!  :drama:

That's okay...when I was under 30 I thought I knew it all too...it took me almost another 30 years to realize I'd been right all along. ;)

Edited by RobertNashville

I'm not a boorish old codger. Im actually a young, handsome, 25 yr old suave SOB :lol: . And I dont expect anyone to hang on to my everyword. But coming to an internet forum, asking a ridcuilous question with parameters geared towards feeling better about your choices, then cramming your fingers in your ears and humming when people with experience try to give you better options is dumb. You wanna see my honest opinion. You're an idiot troll whos only reason for being here is to stir shit up. You have already said your only firearm right now is a .22 lr target pistol, and theres nothing wrong with that. But you have the attitude that when your only tool is a hammer, every problem is a nail. Sadly one firearm doesnt fit every situation. So you can continue to ignore sound advice, or you can pull your head from your ass, look and listen, and maybe learn a thing or two. Now you can call me defensive, hotheaded, irate, and hypersensitive. In the end, I really dont give a rats ass if you carry a .22 lr as your main survival gun and end up as a bleached out pile of bones because you lacked the ballstics capability of killing that deer or defending yourself. But if your gonna ask, you can damn well expect an answer, at least from me.

Edited by Spots
  • Like 2

I'm not a boorish old codger. Im actually a young, handsome, 25 yr old suave SOB :lol: . And I dont expect anyone to hang on to my everyword. But coming to an internet forum, asking a ridcuilous question with parameters geared towards feeling better about your choices, then cramming your fingers in your ears and humming when people with experience try to give you better options is dumb. You wanna see my honest opinion. You're an idiot troll whos only reason for being here is to stir #### up. You have already said your only firearm right now is a .22 lr target pistol, and theres nothing wrong with that. But you have the attitude that when your only tool is a hammer, every problem is a nail. Sadly one firearm doesnt fit every situation. So you can continue to ignore sound advice, or you can pull your head from your ass, look and listen, and maybe learn a thing or two. Now you can call me defensive, hotheaded, irate, and hypersensitive. In the end, I really dont give a rats ass if you carry a .22 lr as your main survival gun and end up as a bleached out pile of bones because you lacked the ballstics capability of killing that deer or defending yourself. But if your gonna ask, you can damn well expect an answer, at least from me.

Spots,I think we hurt his feelings. He's pulled down his introduction post so no one will know he's from Wisconsin, doesn't like being down here, and is a expert with a nerf gun, air soft and BB gun. That being said I think your right on with your post. He's nothing more then a troll with an attitude. To bad, because a couple of members offered to take him to a range and show him around.

• Like 1

...I think we hurt his feelings. He's pulled down his introduction post so no one will know he's from Wisconsin, doesn't like being down here, and is a expert with a nerf gun, air soft and BB gun...

Hum...apparentely, one of life lessons he hasn't learned yet is that the internet doesn't foregt...taking down information today doesn't erase it from last week! ;)

Oh wait, I got it. The Nagant is perfect because I may run into a conversion cylinder to let it shoot 32acp. The I'd have three guns with seven different calibers.

E5149C4D-66AE-4771-972D-1973448798B2-102

Don't neglect the fact that your Nagant revolver can - with the stock cylinder - already chamber and fire .32 S&W Long rounds.  I know because I've seen me do it (with my Nagant revolver, that is.)  I would suppose that would also mean you could chamber and fire .32 S&W (short) rounds.  In fact, I have read in more than one place that Nagant revolvers are 'strong' enough to handle .32 H&R Magnum rounds - although I have never tried that and probably will not unless a true emergency (such as SHTF survival) arises and, by some strange set of circumstances, the only ammo I can find in .32 H&R Magnum.

Anyhow, this means that - even without the .32acp cylinder - your Nagant revolver can fire at least three, different ammo types (7.62X38R, .32 S&W Long and .32 S&W.)  If you are willing to risk .32 H&R Magnum, that would mean four ammo possibilities with the stock cylinder.  Throw in the .32acp cylinder and you'd be looking at possibly being able to fire five, different ammo types with that one revolver.

That would mean that, between the two primaries and the Nagant, you'd possibly have the option of using ten different ammo types!

• Like 1

Keep in mind that the ability to make moonshine would likely be an invaluable skill in a SHTF scenario.  Such spirits would have a myriad of uses.  Probably more uses than a .22, anyhow.

I have never made shine, myself, but my late father made and ran (yes, illegal) shine in his younger days.  I had him describe the process of making shine to me, in detail, just because I was curious about 'how' one would do it.  I think making good shine would take more knowledge, skill and sense than you might imagine.   Having had 'good' shine - (from, um, independent distillers my dad knew of when I was younger) I can say that the homemade stuff can be a damn sight better than the mass produced 'moonshine' that is now on the market (although, being honest, some of that isn't bad.)

And to think, I'm the one that was trying to be civil to you.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2