Small cal / large cal, handgun / long gun

Guest The Itis

If you guys are taking katanas and throwing 'hawks, I want a boar spear.  A really, really big and really, really sharp boar spear.

And a basket-hilt claymore.

I'll be needing a dirk and a sgian dubh, too.

Oh, and can anyone out there tell me a good place to learn how to use a boar spear, basket-hilt claymore, dirk and sgian dubh in a survival situation?

That basket hilt claymore (which is a little different design from the Highland version) will look cool when I am rallying my troops fellow group members as we prepare to stave off looters looking to steal our supplies.  I can just hear my inspirational speech, now:

"They may take our lives but they'll never take OUR BEEEEAAAANNNNSSSS!!!!!"  [insert farting sound here]

"Now, y'all go get 'em.  What?  Somebody has to stay back here and strike a badass pose with this uber-cool boar spear."

Edited by JAB

Oh, well, now if we are extending our SHTF planning to include movies, I'll take me some Iron Man armor, an independently operating recharging system, a couple cases of good beer and Scarlett Johannsen in that Black Widow outfit from The Avengers.

Yeah, I may not survive long but I'll die with a big, ol' smile on my face!

a couple cases of good beer and Scarlett Johannsen in that Black Widow outfit from The Avengers.

Yeah, I may not survive long but I'll die with a big, ol' smile on my face!

I believe we now have this thread mowing in a more believable direction. :yum:

I feel my work here is complete: Beam me up Scotty, There's no intelligent life down here!

Edited by crossfire

:hijack: Very nicely done.

Youth and exuberance is no match for old age and treachery.

Speaking of beards, who else is rocking some awesome face power?

I'm rocking the survival beard and the FFSB (flatwoods forge skull breaker)

Posted Image

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

20130616_171620_zpsd3582943.jpg

Well, I'd say that is a good start to a skull breaker.  If you are going to call it the 'Flatwoods Forge' skull breaker, though, it is gonna need something from the forge as part of the whole package.  How about forging up some large 'hob nail' type things to stud about 10 inches of the business end with?

Edited by JAB

Well, I'd say that is a good start to a skull breaker. If you are going to call it the 'Flatwoods Forge' skull breaker, though, it is gonna need something from the forge as part of the whole package. How about forging up some large 'hob nail' type things to stud about 10 inches of the business end with?

Well it does have some forge involvement. I drilled the head 10" deep with an 1.25" bit and filled it with melt3d wheel weights

20130616_171620_zpsd3582943.jpg

I have a simpler face mane.  Intro level of the TBOC (Tactical Beard Owner's Club).  When paired with the Tactical Turtle Neck or "Tactile Neck" you can actually defeat Chuck Norris.

• Admin Team

This thread needs to settle down.  That's all I'm going to say.

Other than if I had to punch out tomorrow with nothing but my MKIII and my RAT5, you wouldn't find me shedding too many tears about the firepower I don't have.  I'm confident in both.  A rifle would be nice - I'd likely grab any of a variety of AR variants - but that would be a luxury item that has some downsides to me.  I'll take light, fast, concealable and quiet, and recognize that I'm trading power and range.  But, that's my style and my training - your situation may dictate differently.

If it comes to TEOTWAWKI, and your plan is to go and live off the land surrounding suburbia with the rest of the unwashed masses, then all that ammo isn't going to do you much good anyway.  You need a better plan.

Well it does have some forge involvement. I drilled the head 10" deep with an 1.25" bit and filled it with melt3d wheel weights

Well that may be legal for cracking skulls, but you can't play baseball with it!

• Like 1

Figured you'd been around the block for a while.  I think I was in Infantry School the last time I saw someone sporting a Flower Power patch.

I bet he was sporting it on his right shoulder. I've always referred to it as a "Girl Scout Cookie". But its real name is the Octofoil  also called The Psychedelic Cookie and The Flaming A**holes. Good read about the 9th Division came out this year "The Boys of '67" by Andrew Wiest, if you like ancient history. :)

• 4 months later...