Glock 19 vs Beretta 92FS

Guest Gray93

Guest Gray93
Well, just like the title says... Which would be better for concealed carry/all around defense? Pros and cons of each? (I'm new to the handgun world)

The Glock 19 is smaller, and lighter. The Beretta is a very reliable handgun, but it is an all metal frame, and rather bulky when talking about concealed carry. Not that the Glock 19 wouldn't be considered bulky when compared to other 9mm's. The PF9, DB9, PPS, XDS, and PM9 for instance.

Edited by Twin
The 19 wins all around.

The new 92s have 17round mags. But you could just slip a G17 mag in the 19 with a grip sleeve to cover that or just carry a 17 mag for the reload.

I would never carry a 92 in any way unless it was issued to me as a LEO or in the military.

The glock 19 is the perfect size for concealed carry IMO.

Well, just like the title says... Which would be better for concealed carry/all around defense? Pros and cons of each? (I'm new to the handgun world)

glock, but both are fairly large and fat for concealment.  92 is meant for open carry by military/police, its huge.   Glock makes a smaller, more conceal friendly pistol, I mix the numbers up though but 19 is mid sized.

glock, but both are fairly large and fat for concealment. 92 is meant for open carry by military/police, its huge. Glock makes a smaller, more conceal friendly pistol, I mix the numbers up though but 19 is mid sized.

The number you are looking for is the 26. It's 10+1 and 4 inches in height. The G19 is 4.5 inches and carries 15+1. I alternate between the two based on clothing and the perceived need for firepower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The number you are looking for is the 26. It's 10+1 and 4 inches in height. The G19 is 4.5 inches and carries 15+1. I alternate between the two based on clothing and the perceived need for firepower.

Or go "Custom" and cut a 19 to 26 grip size......Glock 26 L :D

I hope this isn't off topic, but I think we have addressed the G19 vs 92 question for concealed carry. I don't see much difference for home defense. To expand on your statement my backup magazine when carrying a G26 is not the 10 + 1 G26 magazine. It is the 15 + 1 G19 magazine since they are interchangeable. It's the G26L. :)

Here ya go Spiffy. :usa:

[url=http://www.guns.com/2012/10/25/rob-pincus-business-end-customs-glock-26l/] Rob Pincus Glock 26 L[/url].

I'm a Glock guy myself and have carried a G 19 for a long time.

I did carry a Mod 92 for about a year...long, long ago. With proper gear it can be comfortable and concealable...but, imho, it isn't even close as far as comfort, concealability, and ease of use for EDC compared to a G 19. :2cents:

Edited by prag

The 19 wins all around.

The new 92s have 17round mags.

No kidding?  All my mags are (older) 15 rounders...I always wondered why they couldn't fit 17rds in a full size gun. 

A 19 is the biggest gun I would consider for CC.

Guest Lester Weevils
G19 for carry if those are the only choices.

But in general if I had to sell a gun, the glock would be gone before a beretta. And lately the 92 or cougar alternate roles as bedside gun. Prejudice maybe, dunno nothin, but just trust accuracy and safe operation better on the berettas.

Also, I lock up the bedside gun when I'm away, and we don't have many visitors, but not having many visitors gets one out of the habit. If I goofed up and an unsupervised kid or idiot adult wandered in the bedroom, pulled the beretta out of the holster and foolishly pulled the trigger, it wouldn't go bang. A glock would go bang right off the bat, quite happily. Not that a kid or idiot couldnt hurt themselves or others with the 92 or cougar, but it would take more foolishness than just picking it up and pulling the trigger.

I hope this isn't off topic, but I think we have addressed the G19 vs 92 question for concealed carry. I don't see much difference for home defense. To expand on your statement my backup magazine when carrying a G26 is not the 10 + 1 G26 magazine. It is the 15 + 1 G19 magazine since they are interchangeable. It's the G26L. :)

Actually, that makes the G26 into a G19S (for Short)

Spiffy's method gives the longer barrel length of the G19 with the option of either G26 or G19 grip length. Yours gives the concealability of the shorter barrel (more comfortable IWB) with the same options of 2 grip lengths...and no need for a hacksaw :)

I've carried both the G26 and the G19 and I have a 92FS. I'd never carry my 92, but I know there are TGOers who do. It's too big and heavy to be comfortable to me. Between the G26 and the G19, I can't tell a whole lot of difference in weight with the right holster setup. The G26's grip being shorter helps it hide better under a shirt without printing too much. Either a G19 or a G26 is a great choice for OWB. For IWB, I'd take the G26 to have less barrel in the way when sitting. For IWB, I prefer a single stack and love my Kahr PM9.

Edited by monkeylizard
I would carry even a Glock 17 before the 92 (I have both) so the 19 is an easy choice

Although if the external safety and double action are important there is the 92 compact. Edited by Romad7

Any firearm with an external safety is IMHO not a suitable for daily carry.

That comes down to shooter experience. I can get a first round hit from the holster faster with my 1911 than most people can get with their Glock. My 1911 is an awesome carry pistol.

That comes down to shooter experience. I can get a first round hit from the holster faster with my 1911 than most people can get with their Glock. My 1911 is an awesome carry pistol.

The safety on a 1911 is as natural as it gets. S&W 59 series... not so much. It's ass backwards. I don't like guns with safeties, so I can't name any others. If I had to carry my 59, I would do it with the safety off.

The safety on a 1911 is as natural as it gets. S&W 59 series... not so much. It's ass backwards. I don't like guns with safeties, so I can't name any others. If I had to carry my 59, I would do it with the safety off.

Well double action pistols with heavy triggers simply don't require the use of a safety. 92Fs are a perfect example of that. I've never used the safety on my M9. Don't need to, ain't supposed to.