N82 Tactical Holster

I was recently gifted a new M&P 9mm Compact and needed a holster. I've used a number of holsters over the years and decided to try something unique (which usually ends up in me buying something terrible).

In this case, I made a great decision.  I picked up an 'original' holster from N82 (er, N8^2) Tactical (n82tactical.com).  It's an IWB holster made with a combination of neoprene and leather. I'm here to tell you it is the most comfortable IWB rig I've tried to date.  The backing gives easily when you reach to unholster the firearm allowing an easy full grip on the gun when grabbing it from the holster.  

I wasn't sold on the single-clip design. I've had similar models like that before (High Noon Split Decision, I believe) and found it to be a tad unbalanced.  This one seems to work rather well.

The only downside is, with the original model, you can't reholster one-handed. They do have a professional model that uses kydex (I assume) for a specific gun mold that would make single handed reholstering no problem. The original version ($39+$3 shipping as of right now) is plenty good enough for me.  There's also a tuckable version of similar design. Such a simple design, but dang if it isn't the most comfortable thing I've tried...  

MP-O-WEB.jpg

I've got one its my daily carry I got the tuckable one though. After awhile you will be able to reholster it. The fabric will conform to the gun. I recommend this holster to everyone. The best part is I can use the same holster for multiple guns.
I have the pro model, it has a plastic shell with pretty good retention. Carrying a steel compact RIA 1911 is pretty comfortable. The plastic shell makes re-holstering easy and has a molded piece that hooks the trigger guard enough to hold the gun in place. Worth the extra money for me.

I'm not sure that I prefer the single clip design but I haven't used many holsters and have only been carrying for a little while. Very good holster though.

I use the original for both a CZ 75 and Kahr MK9. Works well for AIWB and 8 o'clock (southpaw)

Quality / construction = A, been is daily use for 2+ years, negligible wear wear

Comfort = A

Retention = A

Sweat protection = A+, used it 2 days last August when training with Randy Harris

Re-holster = OP is on the money, but I have no problem taking a little extra time safely securing my pistol.

Due to the backing, the holster also stays put, meaning it doesn't slide up/down or cant forward or back.

• Like 1

I've been carrying my PF9 in the original model for over a year now and I love it. My only complaint is that when it's been against my bare skin for several hours after sweating a lot, it makes me itchy. However, no matter how wet the backing gets, my gun is always 100% dry. I also wish that Nate would make a double clip model. The single clip design is pretty stable, but after a lot of physical activity mine will sometimes shift a little bit on me.

I have actually contacted Nate and asked about the possibility of them making a double clip model. He basically told me that a lot of work and time went into making their single clip models. It's been a while, and I can't remember exactly what the reason behind it was, but his answer was no. Maybe if he had enough people contacting him that were interested in it, he would change his mind.

Friend of mine got one about a year ago and really liked it, I rarely carry IWB so I'm not very interested but that is my wife's preferred method of carry, been meaning to pick one up for her to replace that POS Uncle Mike's she is using and has had since before I met her.  I'm kind of ashamed that she is still using that piece of junk.

Friend of mine got one about a year ago and really liked it, I rarely carry IWB so I'm not very interested but that is my wife's preferred method of carry, been meaning to pick one up for her to replace that POS Uncle Mike's she is using and has had since before I met her.  I'm kind of ashamed that she is still using that piece of junk.

You should be ashamed. ;)  Kidding aside, order her one asap! She will thank you for it, I promise! :)