22 tcm reloading data

Guest tangojuliet

Guest tangojuliet

Last magazine article on .22tcm said Armscor themselves didnt even have any load data ironed out yet.

really  thats comforting  to know .... :stunned:

Guess this could give you something to do with your 300blk brass after the necks split.

I anneal so I haven't seen too many split case necks. But you can also use 223 or 300 BO brass to make 7.62x25 Tokarev too. I have 500+ pieecs of Starline brass in 7.62x25 so I can't see me making any anytime soon.

For those who think the 22TCM is new go check out the 22 Reed Express or the 224 VOB. There is nothing new anymore.

Guest oldognutrix

Here's some info for those who might be interested in reloading the 22 tcm.  Armscor 40 gr bullet and H110 gets it downrange effectively.  10 gr of H110 does eject cases but still need to dial in cautiously.  I don't have chrono for velocity so look for pressure signs.  So far so good.  I have heard reports of over 11 gr  H110 but seems a lot for this little volume.  I would like to find a 40gr hp to try.  Any suggestions?

Here's some info for those who might be interested in reloading the 22 tcm.  Armscor 40 gr bullet and H110 gets it downrange effectively.  10 gr of H110 does eject cases but still need to dial in cautiously.  I don't have chrono for velocity so look for pressure signs.  So far so good.  I have heard reports of over 11 gr  H110 but seems a lot for this little volume.  I would like to find a 40gr hp to try.  Any suggestions?

10grains of 110 and the factory bullet got me consistent 1650 - 1690 fps. That's with the factory 40 gr bullet. Not close to factory ammo sadly. I chrono'd factory and was getting 2010 - 2150. That was 10 rounds pulled from 2 random boxes.

I tried a few vmax bullets, and OAL was an issue. To get OAL it was either seriously compress the charge or back it off a bit. I opted to back off! I'd love to find some other options on bullets, but taking it seriously slow due to the lack of margin of error being a hot round already.

I have been tweaking the loads on a program I have for the computer to try, and according to it there are several powder options, but none that get it to the 2k fps.
  • 2 months later...
Guest Chopper818

FIrst of all, thank you for letting me log on to this site. I hope you don't mind but I am way out in Calfornia, am reloading for the 22TCM and noticed you guys are reloading too.

Not much data to be found. In an effort to expand the conversation I took the liberty of regsitering here and will add what little I know. I am by no means an  authority and I am just

going to share the limited experience I've had so far.

Last week I got the dies and loaded some rounds for my 22tcm. It's a cz rifle. I don't know if you boys are loading for rifle or pistol but I gotta start somewhere.

OAL is certainly an issue. I was shooting 40 vmaxes that were 1.40 and 35 vmax that were 1.35. Way longer than factory. I have to flare the case mouth slightly to seat the bullets without

misshaping the cones.  I loaded up 10 and 10.5 of W296. I also loaded the 40 vmax and 40 Berger varmint with 9.8 of 4227. At 50 yards I got some very promising groups but the exact same loads went way wide

when I switched to 100. I tried 45gr hornet bullets with similar loads and that was a bust.

Thanks for the  posts above. As you make more progress I'd love to hear about it.

Edited by Chopper818
  • 2 weeks later...
Very interesting info. Just got my hornady die set from asw and hope to load some this weekend. I have 2 guns,a commander I bought at bills outpost In Maryville and a full size from Fred Craig with trigger job and vz grips. Neither gun seems very accurate with factory ammo. Fred is selling ammo that he says is better than factory??? $450 + ship for 1000 RDS.
  • 10 months later...
Guest moil in Maine

H110 is going to be way too slow for such a small case. HS6 and Longshot would be more appropriate than H110. I have used H110 for 300 Blackout and it probably has twice the capacity of 9mm.

Have you tried using Longshot yet?  If so, care to share the results?

• 2 months later...
Guest woodys61
Hi guys . new to the forum here and thanks for having me.
well I have been playing with the tcm for a lil bit here Heres what Ive found
first I pulled one apart, the bullet is a definite 22 mag bullet. the powder charge was 9.5 gr BUT most certainly was not H110---don't know what it was, it was a silver gray tiny ball powder, comparing it to H110 which is a shiny sparkly flake
the whole bullet weighed in at 119.2 out of the box an col was 1.244 BUT instructions say set col between 1.250---1.260
THEN I found out there are 7 different calibers you can look for on the 40 gr bullet to use
THE BULLET IS A SPEER #1017 40 GR SPIRE SP ( EXACT FIT )
THESE ARE THE CALIBERS TO LOOK FOR IT IN

22 HORNET
222 REMINGTON
223 REMINGTON
222 REMINGTON MAGNUM
225 WINCHESTER
22-250 REMINGTON
220 SWIFT
THESE ARE ALL THE SAME 40 GR BULLET, AN EXACT FIT FOR THE 22 TCM. AND YOU CAN RUN THIS BULLET AS HOT AS YOU WANT OR AS LIGHT AS YOU WANT
H110 IS A TOUCHY POWDER WHEN IT COMES TO PRESSURE .2 CAN REALLY CHANGE IT FAST
MINE IS A 1911 A2 COMBO, I USE THIS IN MINE WITH 10.2 GR OF H110 AN LIKE IT VERY MUCH, SHOOTS NICE,VERY ACCURATE AN I LIKE TO STAY SAFE SO I DONT PUSH IT.. I LIKE THE WAY MY HANDS AND GUN ARE PUT TOGETHER AN WANT TO KEEP IT THAT WAY........ OH SORRY MY COL IS 1.244 SAME AS THE FACTORY MICS AT AN I USE CCI SM PISTOL PRIMERS
SO HOPE THIS LIL BIT OF INFO CAN HELP, AN IM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR NEW INPUT ALSO. HAVE A GOOD DAY AT THE RANGE GUYS
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest stickboy

First off thanks for the add. I have just started reloading the tcm. I just tried the 40gr. hornet bullet behind 10.5gr of 296 win with pretty good results at 25 yrds off a good rest. I held 5 shots within a inch and a half. went up to 11.5 grains in half grain increments with no problem. I held my oal at 1.260" in my 5 inch barred target model. Bought some 40gr v-max to try but they are to long. Cannot seat it deep enough to fit in the magazine.

Edited by stickboy
  • 4 months later...

Hi:  Been loading the tcm for a couple of months. Shoot it in an Armscor 1911 22 tcm/9mm combo. First reloads. used the Lee die set from  ASW.  Mxed results Difficulty getting OAL right. Also had poor neck tension. Push the bullets in by hand.

Sent for the Hornady die set. What a difference in these two sets. Far superior quality in the Hornady set. They even supply detailed, clear instructions!  Loaded a dummy batch (10 rds) this afternoon and everything fell into place easily. 

Had some ejection  issues with the 1911. Not sure why. Maybe over lubrication causing the extractor to slip. Cleaned it thoroughly today and will go the the range tomo to try some factory loads.  Am using  IMR 4227. Had used 9.0 gns. Will try 9.5 gns. 

. I like this little  cartridge and hope the new die set will be the answer.    Dave

Edited by WYBOO2015
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, received the Lil Gun and loaded a batch at 10.0 gns. Gun runs much better. Chronographed at 1850 to 1900 from the 1911. Was looking for 2k. Also, found that my Hornady sizing die is oversized by .003, The case would not seat in the chamber deep enough to allow the slide to go completely into battery. Tried my Lee die and it sizes to .371 which is .001 under factory spec. Also switched to small rifle primers. ( Someone else blogged about the same thing,but I can't find it) So, now i size with the Lee die and use the Hornady dies for everything else. Am considering going up to 10.2 gns. Any body else comment?  would like to hear from others.   Dave