Starbucks caves

Guest TresOsos

Guest TresOsos

This will bit them where it hurts the most.

Lets hope so.

This move is to try and placate the libtards, it's offensive to me as a gun owners because I'm suppose to go along to get along. My backside!

All Starbucks has to do is say that we comply with the laws of the state we are operating in, if the allow concealed or open carry we respect that.

This libtard feel good BS.

Their Facebook page is taking a stomping by people outraged by them bowing down to the sheeple. I don't drink coffee at all but my wife and I bring our daughter up there often to get hot chocolate. While we are trying to keep up with EVERYTHING being thrown at law abiding people in this country, there are whackos out there pushing this kind of crap behind closed doors and getting companies to follow along with their whining complaints!

Guest TresOsos

They don't have to be pawns and I don't have to do business with them.

Again if its legal to carry a long gun openly aand walk into a Starbusks and buy coffee then its legal.

They don't want to honor the law, I won't allow them to profit off of me.

Doesn't sound like they're caving to anyone. Sounds to me like they're tired of being used as a pawn in the attention whore game of idiots strapping a long gun on and getting coffee. They aren't for or against, but the Kwik's of our crowd have pushed them over the edge where it is no longer about guns or gun rights. Sounds to me like they don't want to be pawns in the game.

I do believe you're right. This is disappointing, though. I guess I'll have to go through the drive thru instead. Got to have a

venti bold with cream occasionally.

Again if its legal to carry a long gun openly aand walk into a Starbusks and buy coffee then its legal.

Anybody that carries a long gun in public needs a big black stick upside their head. Too bad the cops are no longer allowed to provide that public service.

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 3

Anybody that carries a long gun in public needs a big black stick upside their head. To bad the cops are no longer allowed to provide that public service.

We used to ride around with them in the back window of the truck, we lost that to the cry babies!

Now the cry babies are bi$&hing about this, the more we hide the more we lose.

• Like 4
Not gonna let a bunch of dickheads, who need to make their political statement by obnoxiously carrying an AR15 into a coffee shop, dictate where I spend my money and get my coffee fix. Gettin real tired of every damned facet of my day being politicized.

It's also legal to walk into a Starbucks with clothing with offensive language, but I bet you'd have no problem with them asking that person to cover it up or leave. Or maybe you're fine with someone having lewd images on their tshirts around your kids. I'm not.

It's also legal for Starbucks to donate to gay marriage campaigns, which they've been doing for years. So, for some folks so strong in their convictions regarding the right to be an idiot and walk into Starbucks with an AK baffle me that they donate to a cause they are so morally against.
Guest ThePunisher

Anybody that carries a long gun in public needs a big black stick upside their head. To bad the cops are no longer allowed to provide that public service.

Did you in your younger days get a slow ride on the elevator?

We used to ride around with them in the back window of the truck, we lost that to the cry babies!

Now the cry babies are bi$&hing about this, the more we hide the more we lose.

I did that too, in the country. I wasn't a city boy at the time, and it wasn't trendy to shoot as many innocents as you can shoot. But, go ahead and poke the bear if you want. We don't HAVE to keep winning the fight :)

Policy makes no sense.

Just how are they supposed to communicate they don't want guns in the store? Directives already say not to engage customer regarding the matter unless he asks.

No mention of any signage going up. Which of course would vary by state as to relevancy anyway.

- OS

It's also legal to walk into a Starbucks with clothing with offensive language, but I bet you'd have no problem with them asking that person to cover it up or leave. Or maybe you're fine with someone having lewd images on their tshirts around your kids. I'm not.

It's also legal for Starbucks to donate to gay marriage campaigns, which they've been doing for years. So, for some folks so strong in their convictions regarding the right to be an idiot and walk into Starbucks with an AK baffle me that they donate to a cause they are so morally against.

I'm fixin' to give you that cross-eyed Voldemort stare, and preach about the constitution. It's perfectly legal to be a ####ing idiot. In fact, it's my right. :)

Edited by mikegideon
  • Like 2

Policy makes no sense.

Just how are they supposed to communicate they don't want guns in the store? Directives already say not to engage customer regarding the matter unless he asks.

No mention of any signage going up. Which of course would vary by state as to relevancy anyway.

- OS

They probably would rather put it in a letter than post a store. It'd be a poo-poo storm when they saw the numbers drop in their

stores from carry types drop them. I think they know this.

Guest ThePunisher
I don't drink coffe, but if businesses and corporations can't stand with support for my constitutional rights, then I certainly will not support such businesses.
  • Moderators
I don't like Starbucks coffee anyways, it has always just tasted burnt to me. I am also a proponent of OC if that is the method the individual chooses and feels comfortable using. That being said, the firearms community has helped force Starbucks hand on this matter. Starbucks has never wanted to be a part of this debate, as a private business I respect their right to ask to be left out of this conversation. They aren't a political entity, they are a coffee shop and they have maintained that position from the beginning. If we wanted to support them, we should have done so with our correspondence and money while remaining low key in the stores. Large OC gatherings in a private business who doesn't want us there doing that is counterproductive, as this change in policy shows. The new policy isn't an outright ban, but a request. It is now our responsibility to honor that request in the best way we can. For some that will be no longer patronizing them; for others, it will be carrying concealed. Regardless it is wise to understand that we are most likely not a large enough constituency amongst their customer base to make any substantial dent in their bottom line.
  • Like 3