Hand forged outdoor cooking tripods

56FordGuy

Gray Horse Forge is now an official TGO vendor! 

Going camping, or just like to cook over an open fire? A cooking tripod is just what you need! 

sjq2.jpg

post-2799-0-59378600-1378135114_thumb.jp

These tripods are 3 piece units that can also be used as a horizontal cross bar. Tripods available in two styles, one made of smooth round rod and the other made of square bar with a twist in each leg. Each tripod comes with 2 hooks; round tripods come with round hooks and twisted tripods come with matching twisted hooks. Additional hooks are available, along with any other forged work you might desire. :)

Round tripods are $40, twisted square tripods are $50. Shipping is available, or you're welcome to come by the shop and pick them up in person. Might be able to meet in the middle TN area depending on my work schedule.

Thanks! 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks PackinMama!

Mike, just holler.

I do all sorts of metalwork, and as time permits I'll try offering more of it on TGO. In the mean time, feel free to contact me for anything you may need, from door hardware to candle holders, hooks, hoof picks, or ornamental ironwork and metal sculpture. Even outdoor cooking accessories like adjustable pot hooks, dutch oven lid lifters, and hot dog/ marshmallow roasting forks. :)

We bought one of the square, 3 piece tripods recently, and I love the design and the versatility.  Not to mention the level of detail craftsmanship that went into every piece, even the hooks.

(Hey Blake you need to post a close up photo of one of your S hooks.) 

I couldn't believe how much effort went into creating just that simple hook.  Much greater detail than I was expecting.  

If you ever use an outdoor fire, or a campfire, you'll love one of these!

Just wanted to thank y'all for your support. I delivered another tripod today, and have a couple more that should be in their new owner's hands this week. 

I have four round tripods ready to go right now, and should have a couple more square versions by the first of next week. That's not to mention the hot dog/ marshmallow forks, hooks, dutch oven lid lifters, bottle openers, hoof picks, and other items coming out of the forge right now. :) 

• 6 months later...

Archived