Happy customer located

Dustbuster

1 - Infantile Moron

2.- Can't communicate with any semblance of intelligence.

2.1 - He is waving it around so much, and ranting, can't tell what he actually got.

3. Obviously did not know enough about the gun to even recognize it at the shop.

4. Waste of brain cells watching that. 

5. The cussing (especially that much) zeroes out credibility, but does pinpoint level of character.

Edited by R_Bert
Guest Riciticky

I know a guy who owns a gun shop. He knows a guy who bought a stainless 1911 from Buds that looked brand new in the pic . Unfortunantly the other side , not pictured, looked like it had cancer and someone had taken the roughest sandpaper in the world and tried to make it new again. I don't know if it is true, but I believe him and I don't buy from Bud's. Also heard that they do trigger jobs so as if you breath on the trigger, the gun goes off.

1 - Infantile Moron
2.- Can't communicate with any semblance of intelligence.
    2.1 - He is waving it around so much, and ranting, can't tell what he actually got.
3. Obviously did not know enough about the gun to even recognize it at the shop.
4. Waste of brain cells watching that. 
5. The cussing (especially that much) zeroes out credibility, but does pinpoint level of character.

I agree 100%. When I speak to someone with a vocabulary such as this guy's I immediately dismiss them as a credible person. I'm sure when I was 12 I would have thought he was funny.

This guy is an idiot.  I guess he did not read the disclaimer beneath each picture he showed off the Bud's website: 

*Please Note!! Many of our pictures are stock photos provided to us by the manufacturer and do not necessarily represent the actual item being purchased. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described by the title and description on this page before you place your order.

This guy is an idiot.  I guess he did not read the disclaimer beneath each picture he showed off the Bud's website: 

Whatever you think of the guy's demeanor, he didn't get a 629 Classic, right, so Bud's blew it, seems to me?

Pic of Classic on S&W's site:

163638_01_md.jpg

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_764952_-1_757770_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

He got the plain 629, which is, from S&W's site again:

163606_01_md.jpg

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_764950_-1_757770_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Buds did blow it. He ordered SKU: 163638, which comes with a full underlug.

He would have done better if he had rejected the delivery, as it was wrong.

Buds would look better if they had taken the revolver back.

He should learn to expand his vocabulary. Ranting, spitting, and slamming product around (as you hear him toss the revovler into the case with some force) doesn't bode well for you getting your way.

We probably shouldn't worry much about it, but simply take it as a reminder to check what comes in the box against what we ordered. This video is from 2011.

Buds has always made things right after the fact but EVERY purchase except one has had problems.

I had ordered a new Taurus 24/7 with tritium sights. A few days later the FFL called and said the gun was obviously used and was missing a front sight. I went to the FFL to inspect and it was indeed missing the front sight. I do not belive it was used but the FFL wasn't used the amount of grease Taurus covers their guns with. I contacted Buds and they said to refuse it. So I told the FFL I was not going to take it. He agreed and said it was going to be $35. I asked why and he said he already did the work and needed to get paid. I said I wasn't going to pay and he said he wasn't going to return the gun. I paid the transfer and Buds said it would take a few weeks to get a refund, it didn't but it was over a week.

But rather than wait for the replacement gun I decided to buy another of the same guns and then Buds can refund the purchase of the first gun. While on the phone with Derrick, a supervisor at the time, I asked him to personally inspect the gun and he agreed. After a couple of hours I called him back and he told me he had my gun right in front of him. He acted like he was inspecting it while I was on the phone and even asssured me the front sight was there. So I get excited but because of the weekend I have to wait until the following week to get the gun. I track it and once it showed delivered I called the FFL. He said he hadn't had a chance to log it in or inspect it. So I hoped in the car and headed that way. I got there as he was logging in the guns. The FFL handed me the box so I could open it and read off the serial number. As soon as I remove the plastic I got PISSED. It too was missing the front sight.

Now mind you both guns had tritium rear sights but no front sight.

So I call Buds and spend the usual 20 minutes wating for my time to come up in the que. Once they do I tell the agent I want to talk to Derrick. I get placed on hold then get sent to Derricks voicemail. I leave a message and he calls back a little while later. He seems upbeat because to him I finally got the gun I was waiting on. So I let him know this gun is missing the front sight and that I thought he inspected it while I was on the phone. He admitted he hadn't but did tell and worker to inspect it. He said I should contact Taurus to see what can be done. I contacted Taurus and they said I needed to return the gun to them so they coudl remove the rear sight and install standard sights. I told them no I just wanted a front tritium sight like what was supposed to be on there. They said they would not send any sights to a customer. I called Derrick back, another 20 minute wait in the que, and he said he would call Taurus. After about 10 minutes Derrick calls back and said you have a set of sights coming. He said to accept the gun. At this point I told him about the previous transfer fee, he credited my CC the transfer and added some for gas. So when I get home I call Taurus to verify I was receiving a tritium front sight. Well turns out it was a standard set of sights and not the tritium like I was lead to believe. At this point I called Derrick back and he said he did all he was going to do.

After getting the standard sights in I went ahead and paid $60 for a tritium front sight. I installed it and shot the gun some but I was so disgusted with everything I sold the gun a few days later.

The most recent was my Cricket pistol. I found one on Buds and I went ahead and ordered it. Less than a day later the price dropped on the website by about 20%. I called Buds and asked them to adjust the price and they said they would not. I told them that they hadn't shipped the gun or even charged my credit card yet. The agent said it didn't matter so I asked for a supervisor. I explained to the supervisor that they had dropped the price on the gun I just ordered and wanted the cost dropped for me to reflect the current price. He said he would not. I explained that I have had problems with Buds in the past and this would make things right. He said that was in the past and had no bearing on this. I asked what would happen if I cancelled the order and reordered. He said I could but because the current gun was already in the works I might get charged then have to wait for a refund. In the end I just let the order go through. He did say that any time they get guns in they take the current price and add a set amount of mark up. He said the reduced ones were likely cheaper for Buds so the price was reduced.

Now I will say when I ordered my third Taurus is came it and was fine. It had a front sight, not tritium, and I will keep it forever. I like it, my wife likes it and it is the most accurate 9mm I have ever shot.

I look around on their website but I go to other places to order guns. Gilbert's guns is one I ordered from and had zero issues. I have also been looking for a reason to order from KY Gun Company because they have decent prices as well.

Guest TankerHC

Only had one negative with Buds out of maybe 20 transactions. Bought a relative a shotgun he wanted last Christmas. Had it set to drop shipped from Buds to _____ _______ in Pennsylvania where the cousin was going to do the 4473 and take possession of the gun. _____ _______ is one of the largest FFL's in Pa. Done deal.

Get a call an hour later. Paperwork went across Dereks bosses desk, said they cant ship because I was doing a straw purchase. WHAT? I explained. The gun is being shipped to an FFL, the receiver is going to pick it up at the FFL AFTER filling out a 4473 and passing a NICS check. Nope, thats a straw purchase. WTF?

I called _______. Asked the owner if he ever received guns from Buds or did transfers for other people. Yes, all the time. Have you evere heard of this being called a straw purchase. NO, that's not a straw purchase. The guy has to pass a NICS check.

Called Buds back. Told them. You do realize you ship guns to this FFL, including as gifts, all the time? Yes. Then how is this any different. Answer "I cant tell you, it went across their desk and said they would not ship it because its a straw purchase". Clearly someone was working above their pay grade.

Told them I would call ATF just to make sure. Called ATF. ATF "Is it shipping to an FFL? Yes. Is the receiver going to have to do a background check? Yes. Not a straw purchase.

Call Buds back, tell them what the ATF JUST said. Another person gets on the phone. This is a straw purchase, we wont ship. OK, refund my money.

I call ATF, ask a question I already knew the answer to. I reorder the gun (They did refund my money within an hour as promised). Ill just get it, carry it to the FFL and do the transfer.

Get a call from Buds. Wont ship me the gun, cause Im trying to do a straw purchase. I explain to them, I can buy the gun, lock it in a case, put it in my trunk, carry it to Pa to the FFL and do the transfer. As previously THAT IS NOT A STRAW PURCHASE.

Havent bought anything from Buds since. And wont. Have only looked at their site two or three times since I think. Delete every email I get from them.

No longer interested. Tell me im trying to break the law. Maybe that person needs to read the laws they are conducting business under.

BTW, for those who say it has to go shipped from FFL to FFL. Only one FFL is needed. For the transferee. I haven't carried a gun to another state and transferred, but was told by the ATF perfectly legal as long as it met GCA transport requirements and went through an FFL on the transferees end. Same as you can go to another state and buy a rifle or shotgun, through an FFL but the FFL informs them its an out of state transfer.

Edited by TankerHC