Man sueing... for good reason.

This poor guy is going to become very, very wealthy.

Maybe from the doctors and the city/county he was searched by. But the officers involved won't pay a dime. I bet the money comes out of the taxpayers in that area. The constant probing and crapping was not necessary. All they needed was one x-ray. But still if you're holding your own Buttocks, it dosen't mean you are transporting narcotics. Maybe he really had to crap and was constipated. At least he isn't anymore. I do hope he is able to get some money for being treated this way.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
I can see it now. Sir stop being an asshole. We have a warrant for your asshole. If this happened to me I would not only sue for monetary compensation but id see to it the cops involved lost their jobs and the drs lost their licenses to practice. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn
Guest tdoccrossvilletn
[quote name="Wyldk2" post="1059494" timestamp="1383729261"] Maybe from the doctors and the city/county he was searched by. But the officers involved won't pay a dime. I bet the money comes out of the taxpayers in that area. The constant probing and crapping was not necessary. All they needed was one x-ray. But still if you're holding your own Buttocks, it dosen't mean you are transporting narcotics. Maybe he really had to crap and was constipated. At least he isn't anymore. I do hope he is able to get some money for being treated this way.[/quote] Exactly if we have probable cause we can have them sit on an xray chair/combination metal detector. If there is anything keistered we have two options. Take them to the hole and feed them a bunch of laxatives and watch them and see if they poop it out. Or we can have medical come remove it from said location. For liability reasons we usually choose the dry cell method with laxatives. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn

Why not Dave? you gotta remember, the tax payers would be toting the bill for every test they ran so the more the merrier as far as the doctors where concerned. When the doctors are on the tax payers dime they will do what ever is ask of them not counting how much the hospital was making off the whole ordeal.

Because that just wasn’t my experience in dealing with ER docs. They were very leery of doing medical testing even when the suspect was the one requesting the testing. Most even required hospital administration approval.

It’s just what made be skeptical when I saw this story; we will just have to wait and see what the outcome is.
Here's my take, the doctors that refused should get a medal.

The doctors that did it should have their licenses put up under a review.

The police involved should be criminally charged

The judge's actions should be reviewed

The hospital should be sued

The police department should be sued

That guy should be walking out of the court room with a 10,000,000 settlement minimum.
  • Like 1

That's ridiculous. Did they need the drug arrest that bad? These guys are the reason people hate police.

I think what happened was the cops got in over their heads and instead of admitting a mistake and taking punishment, they went further and further down the hole.... No pun intended.

Perfect example of why when in life something goes wrong you address the issue and stop moving forward.
  • Like 1

Some random comment on said the more to the story was he was a known druggie and cops had known he had hidden drugs in his butt before, ect ect ect but didn't provide a link or anything to back up his claims of "the police are always right no matter what".

One question where are the criminal charges?  Them losing their licenses to practice and POST certification should go without saying.

Some of these procedures where done after the warrant had expired, that is clearly an illegal search, and an assault...  Everybody in the room including the nurse, doctors, and officers need to be brought up on charges....  

And he should be well on his way to owning the hospital, for the check they're about to have to write.  They forced an unconsented operation on a patient without medical need or proper court order, that is going to cost them a LOT of money and it should.

This poor guy is going to become very, very wealthy.

Unfortunately suing the government very rarely has this effect. The doctors will claim they were doing what they were told and authorized by the warrant. My guess is that this will end with a payout of less than seven figures. I would be surprised if it was six. Here's hoping I'm dead wrong though.

That's ridiculous. Did they need the drug arrest that bad? These guys are the reason people hate police.

Yea, unfortunately, "Cop makes good arrest, saves the lives of x number people" just isn't a catchy headline. Never makes the news.

I think what happened was the cops got in over their heads and instead of admitting a mistake and taking punishment, they went further and further down the hole.... No pun intended.

Perfect example of why when in life something goes wrong you address the issue and stop moving forward.

Yep. When you reach rock bottom it is generally advisable to stop digging. 

It's been a while, but "Deep Pocket" theory was to sue everyone to get a judgment against them, extract payment from the insurance carriers, and lay in wait in the event that the individuals came into some money, (like hitting the lottery), because trying to collect from individuals is a long and costly process.

The rage I'm feeling at this has actually made me nauseous, let alone the actions of these absolute dips@%ts. I normally condemn the ambulance chasers but this is most assuredly justified.

I'm with you on this. Just sickens me the amount of abuse this person was subjected to, both mentally and physically.

Obviously, the fine officers involved in this incident were simply doing their jobs.  After all, they risk their lives to protect the public from keister stashers on a daily basis never knowing if the next stop will get them killed covered in explosive diarrhea.  Shouldn't they take any steps necessary to make sure that they go home to their families every night not smelling like a  gas station restroom?  I mean, aren't they the 'good guys'?  So what if some random citizen gets anally violated now and again - it isn't like the rights of private citizens matter when compared to the necessity of continuing to fight the war on drugs.  Right?

Right?

Edited by JAB
  • Like 2

That's two (that we know of - I would expect more at this point).

So we know the chief of police was aware of the actions of the officers.  Did he somehow fail to point out the facts after the first incident?  This isn't a training issue, except to the point the officers involved in both searches were either not trained to recognize an illegal search and assault, or did it anyway, secure in believing they'd not face any blowback.

The medicos involved have been referred to the state medical board.  The officers involved in this latest incident referred to a police review board.  I want to hear that they, including the chief, have been referred to a grand jury.  State level for assault, and then federal for violation of constitutional rights under the color of law.

X-rays?  Colonoscopies?  Even winning a big suit wouldn't "make it right" for these guys, but the state attorney, at a minimum, should ensure this doesn't happen again. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately suing the government very rarely has this effect. The doctors will claim they were doing what they were told and authorized by the warrant. My guess is that this will end with a payout of less than seven figures. I would be surprised if it was six. Here's hoping I'm dead wrong though.

Yea, unfortunately, "Cop makes good arrest, saves the lives of x number people" just isn't a catchy headline. Never makes the news.

Yep. When you reach rock bottom it is generally advisable to stop digging.

I agree. The media never shows up when you're pushing a broken down car out of the road in the pouring rain. Oh well...
  • Moderators

That's two (that we know of - I would expect more at this point).

So we know the chief of police was aware of the actions of the officers. Did he somehow fail to point out the facts after the first incident? This isn't a training issue, except to the point the officers involved in both searches were either not trained to recognize an illegal search and assault, or did it anyway, secure in believing they'd not face any blowback.

The medicos involved have been referred to the state medical board. The officers involved in this latest incident referred to a police review board. I want to hear that they, including the chief, have been referred to a grand jury. State level for assault, and then federal for violation of constitutional rights under the color of law.

X-rays? Colonoscopies? Even winning a big suit wouldn't "make it right" for these guys, but the state attorney, at a minimum, should ensure this doesn't happen again.

I think you are correct that this isn't a training issue. You can't train violent psychopaths not to commit heinous acts against people. You can only put them down like the rabid dogs they are.
Foruntly the extreme these cops went to is unusual but the attitude of get something on their target at all cost is fairly common. Emotions get out of control and the cop code keeps cooler heads from stepping in. When cops will not police themselves (the code) then the power becomes out of control. My experience has been that cops will lie for each other and tell any lie for a conviction, so whose to stop them from doing whatever they want.

Well well well.. the story gets deeper.

This is the second person they have done this to, the first one was due to a guy not using his turn signal when turning into a gas station.  The same dog alerted for drugs, they took the guy to the same hospital to get the xrays and exams done.

The great news is that the doctors involved have all been turned over to the state licensing board and can lose their licenses now.

The dog wasn't certified in the state and if I read correctly, his certification in general expired 2 years ago.

The grand finale on this is that the hospital sent the victim a $6,000 bill for all of the procedures that were done on him.

I hope his lawyer is good, and vindictive.