Glock 42

Jason in TN

You guys are silly. I got some inside intel I'm really not supposed to share ... but they're going to introduce 2 new models at the SHOT show. The 42 a "microstack" 9mm, capacity 5 rounds with a 3.4 inch barrel. And the G21R, their first foray into revolvers. Here's a couple inside scoop pics I got the last time I was down there. G42 [URL=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/ldugsjr1986/media/8BDCB9E9-8A24-4E17-914B-EA02983B9373_zps9rjz5yai.jpg.html]8BDCB9E9-8A24-4E17-914B-EA02983B9373_zps[/URL] And the G21R [URL=http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/ldugsjr1986/media/E60601B5-017E-4F31-9ADA-F7115ED4BB15_zpskhav3zyi.jpg.html]E60601B5-017E-4F31-9ADA-F7115ED4BB15_zps[/URL]

• Like 1

You guys are silly. I got some inside intel I'm really not supposed to share ... but they're going to introduce 2 new models at the SHOT show. The 42 a "microstack" 9mm, capacity 5 rounds with a 3.4 inch barrel. And the G21R, their first foray into revolvers. Here's a couple inside scoop pics I got the last time I was down there.

G42
8BDCB9E9-8A24-4E17-914B-EA02983B9373_zps

And the G21R
E60601B5-017E-4F31-9ADA-F7115ED4BB15_zps

Nice touch with the trigger safety on the revolver. 

I'd bet that the G42 will be a single stack 9mm. How long has it taken Glock to figure out that there is a huge market for single stack handguns. 

Official prediction

The Glock 40 will be a Practical Tactical model in 10mm, think large framed G34/35.

The Glock 41 will be a .45ACP version of the Glock 40.

The Glock 42 will be a single stack subcompact 9mm with a narrower frame and slide than the 26.

In approximately a year, a French police force or maybe Canadian, or even French Canadian, will complain about the G26 being too large for their plainclothes officers to conceal carry. They will make a Franken-Glock with a G26 frame and G42 slide, because they like the capacity of 10 rounds of 9mm but also like the slim slide of the G42. Then Glock will make a Glock 26S and people everywhere will start pocket carrying them in tactical cargo pants as the "new" thing.
  • Like 1

Whatever the 42 ends up being , I sure hope that Glock will have tested it a lot before they sell them to get all the bugs out . I got burned by the CZ P-07 Duty when it was released and I am a CZ fan but that gun was a POS . CZ even sent me a whole new gun too. 

Hopefully this 42 wont end up being another G36 with it's problem filled life or "hit and miss" type reliability . 

Guest tangojuliet

You guys are silly. I got some inside intel I'm really not supposed to share ... but they're going to introduce 2 new models at the SHOT show. The 42 a "microstack" 9mm, capacity 5 rounds with a 3.4 inch barrel. And the G21R, their first foray into revolvers. Here's a couple inside scoop pics I got the last time I was down there.

G42
8BDCB9E9-8A24-4E17-914B-EA02983B9373_zps

And the G21R
E60601B5-017E-4F31-9ADA-F7115ED4BB15_zps

Seems legit

Whatever the 42 ends up being , I sure hope that Glock will have tested it a lot before they sell them to get all the bugs out . I got burned by the CZ P-07 Duty when it was released and I am a CZ fan but that gun was a POS . CZ even sent me a whole new gun too. 
 Hopefully this 42 wont end up being another G36 with it's problem filled life or "hit and miss" type reliability .

I carry a 36 every day runs great have ran over 1000 rounds through it. Did not know there was a problem with them?

Jason