Attention Please

ARE YOU ALREADY A MEMBER BUT UNABLE TO SIGN IN?  PLEASE READ!!! 

If you are having trouble logging in, please try the following:

1. Reset your password using this link.
  2. If that fails, Contact Us using this link for assistance resetting your password.

Erik88

New LCR-X

16 posts in this topic

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

Ruger is introducing a new LCR with a external hammer. My LCR is one of my favorite handguns so I'm obviously intrigued by this.

I know some don't care for a hammer on a pocket gun, and I agree, but this would still be fun to play with.  :up:

1 person likes this

Ruger is introducing a new LCR with a external hammer. My LCR is one of my favorite handguns so I'm obviously intrigued by this.

I know some don't care for a hammer on a pocket gun, and I agree, but this would still be fun to play with.  :up:

I just got this email advertisement  from them today too. It is very interesting . Ahhhhhh , get it or the Glock 42 ? Ahhhh the choices in life are so hard  :yum:

I think we need to know that the Glock 42 is before we can make the choice ;)

Many mango seasons before you won that big swimming race, I never saw a revolver without a hammer. I won't own a revolver without one. It turns into a different animal in single action mode. Never worried about snags enough to give up the hammer. Both of my J frames have them.

4 people like this

Many mango seasons before you won that big swimming race, I never saw a revolver without a hammer. I won't own a revolver without one. It turns into a different animal in single action mode. Never worried about snags enough to give up the hammer. Both of my J frames have them.

Agree totally. Only firearm choice I've ever regretted is Ruger SP101 in DAO. Fine for the purpose and all, but really miss being able to fire it single action for more accuracy.

- OS

Gots to have a hammer! Yep. They could still make it a little lower profile, IF, they wanted to and it wouldn't bother me. Don't need much to grab but I do like my single action choice. The single action trigger feel is why I love my Smith model 28 so much. Sweet. 'Nuff said. I wouldn't mind seein' a hammer on their LC9, too.

I want a 22 lr or 22 mag one of these little guys for christmas!!!

leroy

As hammerless guns go, I really like the LCR. If I was in the market, I would take a look.

1 person likes this

I would rather it be in the humpback version rather than regular hammer it I am interested in this one!

I like external hammers too. That's one reason I like my FN semi autos. All my revolvers have hammers except my LCR. I do like the LCR though for what it's intended. Great dependable gun for close up work if it becomes necessary. No need for single action accuracy for this gun. If I carry a wheel gun with an external hammer it will be OWB and no worries about snagging coming out of the pocket. By the way, I want an LCRx too.

Hmmmm...if real world pricing is really good; that could be my next purchase. Probably in 22WMR.

Or...maybe a 22lr for the little woman.

Edited by hipower

We have 5 of them coming in next week. I'll be interested to see if they're as bulky as the Taurus poly protector with the hammer.

We have 5 of them coming in next week. I'll be interested to see if they're as bulky as the Taurus poly protector with the hammer.

Who are you and where are you located?

I don't like advertising exactly where I work but if your interested you can PM me as long you don't broadcast it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead