Call me a old man but I just don't get kids these days, or AKA the dead dog incident.

Tobashadow

So me and my son were outside replacing one of my outside lights around 4pm today with a auto sensor one and their were four kids around 13-15 years old walking along our road, well three walking and one on a bike. The one on the bike was crossing back and forth from one side to the other with no regards to traffic which is what caught our attention due to multiple cars having to brake hard on our two lane street to avoid hitting him.

Just as we turned to watch we noticed a small dog following the bike back and forth and instead of the dumb kid taking the medicine he deserved it was the poor dog from a car that never even responded to hitting the dog. As the dog yelped and shook over the next couple minutes the one on the bike continued on and two of the walkers kept on walking and were laughing and yelling that the dog was dead and telling the one boy that had stopped and was staring at the dog in a stunned look to come on that your dogs dead now. The laughter was burning me up and did so much more later when I played back the video for my wife from our camera out front, fortunately its angle was just out of view at the position it was in at the moment of the dogs last suffering but the audio spoke for itself, for once I wished I didn't have the mic turned on for that camera.

What got me is the one that owned the dog after a few prompts between laughter from his "friends" just left it there in the road and walked away. Me and my son got it out of the road and after a bit of a hour wait we buried it in the place of honor in our back yard near the pets we've lost over the years. And just as I expected about 10 pm came a knock on the door with a couple distraught parents and that same kid hiding in the car wanting to know if we seen his dog and what happened to the body. They were happy that we took care of it even if it wasn't our dog and I was glad they didn't need to see the carnage and that it was dark enough that the quite large pool of blood was not visible, and I decided not to hamper them with the story of what I seen and heard thinking the kid might need to learn his lesson on his own about his friends without his parents yelling at him.

You don't have to be an "old man" to be disgusted by today's youth. Or for that matter a great deal of today's society. I understand why psychologist associate animal killing with kids who grow into adult murderers and the like. I hate cats, but I've never laughed when one's been splatted in the street :stunned:

All it takes is one stroll through the 407 flea market to see where we are headed as a people. And it's filled with fat asses in skinny jeans, bra-less, and ugg boots that look like they came stomping out of the cow pasture. And that was just the guys !!!! :puke:

• Like 2
Guest Lowbuster
Fujimo. You are right. But I will say that in the last 20 years, there have been so many changes that I think with the pace of the world coupled with peer pressure, and stupid people breeding, by the time my teen is my age, this world will not be pleasant.
TobeShadow. I respect your decision not to tell the parents, but if it was your child would you want to correct these actions for your child's well being? You did do the right thing by doing what you thought best and I'm not saying by any means you did anything wrong by not telling the parents, but I'll bet the lesson he learned is that he got away with it. If he was following the others and doing what they said then he was not a leader in this group.
Our children are the future. We / people like I have met, most people I read about belonging to this forum need to influence our children and those around them. Children need to be steered away from people that do not care about life, and taught that it's ok to tell the leaders of these packs to fly a kite. I would hope that if this were my daughter, someone would tell me, even show me the video so I could keep her away from the possibilities of the next thing that this group encounters next.
Guest Emtdaddy1980
I honestly don't think I would have handled it as calmly as you did. I shake my head daily at the younger generations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Guest Emtdaddy1980
And honestly if one of my 3 sons somehow caused the death of MY dog I would want to know about it. That sort of thoughtless disregard for a loving, loyal animal indicates a severe psychological deffect that needs to be addressed immediately. As for the overall state of youth today, just look at the media that is geared toward them. I have two Jr High aged stepsons and a 20 month old son........ I struggle daily with getting through to them what it means to be A MAN.....something that modern media has all but erased from the public awareness. There are no good role models of righteous masculinity put in front of their eyes in the media anymore. Most of the skinny jean wearing hipsters you see parading around on the kids shows these days are so damned feminized that I find it physically nauseating. The GAYING of our youth is a real and deliberate cultural experiment that is being perpetrated on our sons, and we as fathers have a duty to our sons, to ourselves, and not least to the GOD that gave us our sons to fight this demonistic influence with every fiber of our strength.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Try going to the mall on Friday or Sat. night. When I was growing up you wanted to fit in, look like the crowd. These days it is who can look like the biggest freak show. Between the spiked colored hair, body piercings and clothes that I would not leave the house. The total lack of respect for others. I fear for the future.
I feel the same way. I guess I would be considered the younger generation at only 27. I have been told many times that I have an "old soul". I do have a few downfalls that I am aware of, one being I like to have things now instead of waiting. And I do not buy things on credit though. That is something I am working on as I slowly gain patience as I age. But when it comes to morals and a dislike of the younger generation I am right there with you. Edited by glowdotGlock

I will not second your decision on not telling the parents what you witness and I would have not just told them what I saw. I would have shown them the video. Reason being because the child lost his dog they may go out and get him another one and I surely don't believe he deserves another one with such little care for the first ones loss................jmho

I heard a story from a le friend while out west where a punk pulled some crap on a neighbors dog causing permanent injury. The kid that did it was found several weeks later in an industrial area hog tied,gagged w a electric soldering iron shoved deeply in his rectum that was plugged into an extension cord into a wall outlet. He suffered from burns but not enough to kill him as he believed the plug was pulled before the "bad guys" left,but probably lived to learn not to screw w anyone's pet. Especially when it's owner was more than likely a hardened gang member or drug dealer.

Glad u took the time to bury gods little creature. I'd love to punch the little mother####ers then drop em in front of their mommy and daddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Edited by Dustbuster
[quote name="TresOsos" post="1116561" timestamp="1393362206"]I don't blame the kid in this instance.....he is just a product of his upbringing and influences. Says a lot about the direction of society today.[/quote] BS. He knew right from wrong. No excuse. The little punk needs an ass woopin. I hope you were being sarcastic. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by Hozzie

Wise words from a young female security guard in New Orleans that I overheard when talking to a bum, "Wisdom comes from maturity, not age." Such simplicity yet elegant enough words that I didn't expect it from this younger woman thus reinforcing her statement. I too have taken a notice of the poor attitude that this generation has as a whole and it's progressively getting worse with every passing generation unfortunately.

Guest Lowbuster

BS. He knew right from wrong. No excuse. The little punk needs an ass woopin. I hope you were being sarcastic. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he stopped and paused, he felt something. By someone holding him accountable, or even supporting his feeling of remorse may be what he needs. He is looking for acceptance or he wouldn't have followed the others. Woodshed or not should be up to the parents. They did come to check which tells me they are not all bad. Most would have done nothing.
Guest tangojuliet

my generation the ones born the late 80s early 90s make feel ashamed  to be part of their generation and i can only pray that we dont fuck things up to much

Kids these days need the heck beat out of them. It might knock some sense into them. I see kids at town in outfits I wouldn't have worn to the hay fields or the tobacco patch! I'd have been ashamed the people Dad hired to help would laugh at me.

Try going to the mall on Friday or Sat. night. When I was growing up you wanted to fit in, look like the crowd. These days it is who can look like the biggest freak show. Between the spiked colored hair, body piercings and clothes that I would not leave the house. The total lack of respect for others. I fear for the future.

That is a broad brush stroke, but that look has been going on since the late 70's from my experience. 

I am certain that every generation looks at a few generations down the road and say similar, "Would you look at them kids with their hair slicked back, and their loud rock and roll music racing their V8s up and down the road, it is a shame, back in my day we only had a horse and buggy, and you were home by dark..."

• Like 1
Guest TresOsos

Kids these days need the heck beat out of them. It might knock some sense into them. I see kids at town in outfits I wouldn't have worn to the hay fields or the tobacco patch! I'd have been ashamed the people Dad hired to help would laugh at me.

And who should be putting a boot in their ass and teaching them the way they should go, the Parents.

Therefore I think this in more of a lack of parenting problem, kids are going to do what they are taught, learn and can get by with.

Heck... I am only almost 20, and I see a lot wrong with other folks my age. A former friend of mine has dwindled down to become a punk, tattoo-covered, piercing-covered fool... and it is so disgusting to me. The foul language, the foulness in general, it's... inane.

I am certain that every generation looks at a few generations down the road and say similar, "Would you look at them kids with their hair slicked back, and their loud rock and roll music racing their V8s up and down the road, it is a shame, back in my day we only had a horse and buggy, and you were home by dark..."[/quote]

Not sure where you were in the 70's but I was 15 in 1975 and NEVER saw anything close to what is out there now. The malls where I lived were not a place to go and hang out. I NEVER saw someone with purple spiked hair and black makup on. Sorry not buying that this has been going on since the 70's. Edited by 45guy

It started in the late 70s early 80s in Tampa with the Rocky Horror picture show crap.  They would be in the mall waiting for it to start and it played every weekend.  Not as widespread, but those people looked like freaks and acted like freaks.

Edited by sigmtnman
Guest TresOsos

My deceased father, when he was in his mid 80's asked me if I'd ever be to a circus and knew what a freak show was.

I told him yes sir of course it did. He said now days you go out in public and it's like going to a freak show.

Personally I liked it back when people use to dress up a little to go out in public, used good manners and wouldn't think of looking or acting like a tool or freak in public.

Those days are sure gone.