CCI Blazer Brick - $36 Delivered

[quote name="mcordell" post="1124369" timestamp="1394766235"][url="http://www.cabelas.com/checkout/retrieveShoppingCart.cmd?cartId=dd211d919332cd3e7eff14d1cb86e9de"]http://www.cabelas.com/checkout/retrieveShoppingCart.cmd?cartId=dd211d919332cd3e7eff14d1cb86e9de[/url] Allowed me to checkout ....it's Been "in stock" for 2-3hrs[/quote] Got a brick of that a couple weeks ago. If you checked out, it's good to go

Sold out.

And evidently something wrong with their checkout system, I clicked on it to see and item and it said I had items totaling 3697.63.

That would be a crap load of 22!

Still allowing me to go to checkout ... Once I go to checkout all the other .22lr shows unavailable except the blazer

Mcordell, did you have a bunch of different .22lr ammo in your cart when you posted this link? If so I think the reason Hipower and I are seeing stuff in "our" carts is because following your link is taking up to your cart. It is showing out of stock for me as well.

I tried 4 other times to buy 22 from cabelas on similar sales in the past few months. Each time I would get through checkout, email confirmation, my card would be charged, and then 3-4 days later I get an email saying order canceled, out of stock. Pissed me off, especially because others who ordered after me got theirs.

That link has been floating around the web. Apparently somebody has figured out a way to game Cabelas order system to add a bunch of different items even if they are out of stock.

Great. More bs from kids who have nothing to do but screw up things for someone else.

• Like 1

That link has been floating around the web. Apparently somebody has figured out a way to game Cabelas order system to add a bunch of different items even if they are out of stock.

That's not gaming the system.  It's called hacking.

Yeah. What's up with a $16,000 total? Does having everything in your cart somehow automatically lock you into the product when it comes available? I saw that on the S&W forum.

That particular specialized link does it (original poster's cart, I guess)  then the site throws you a cookie for your IP so it persists.

If you log in, all the rest goes away.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
I sent the link to cabelas. They acknowledged that there is a hack. Maybe not this link. The guy didn't say that. Appearantly people have found a way to make a product add to their cart and auto pay. They aren't too amused by the tone of his reply. It's nice to see a human reply in less than 12 hours of the email. Cabelas is A+ in my book.
  • Like 2
[quote name="mcordell" post="1124996" timestamp="1394905402"] and BTW it just let me checkout again with another brick of blazer so maybe it's back in stock[/quote] I have been burned at least 4 times by these links in the past few months. The link apparently allows you to order a product which is otherwise out of stock. In most cases Cabelas will subsequently cancel and refund your order several days later. I have heard from several Cabelas reps that they will always cancel your orders if you place more than one order for a product with a limit of one per customer, so by placing multiple single orders you are increasing your already-high chances of getting nothing but cancellations. My only beef with Cabelas is that they need to fix their system not to allow and accept orders for out of stock items.

I have been burned at least 4 times by these links in the past few months. The link apparently allows you to order a product which is otherwise out of stock. In most cases Cabelas will subsequently cancel and refund your order several days later. I have heard from several Cabelas reps that they will always cancel your orders if you place more than one order for a product with a limit of one per customer, so by placing multiple single orders you are increasing your already-high chances of getting nothing but cancellations. My only beef with Cabelas is that they need to fix their system not to allow and accept orders for out of stock items.

I thought it was one per day? It's been over 24hrs from my first order ... Either way worst case they get cancelled
I just called Cabelas and the lady said No blazers were in stock today. Strange. What has me curious is that ALL of those links show "in stock" until you click on it and the. It shows OOS... Something strange there. It is a hot link, so you'd think it would show OOS. Edited by serbu50
[quote name="serbu50" post="1125019" timestamp="1394908613"]I just called Cabelas and the lady said No blazers were in stock today. Strange. What has me curious is that ALL of those links show "in stock" until you click on it and the. It shows OOS... Something strange there. It is a hot link, so you'd think it would show OOS.[/quote] These links (there have been numerous ones in recent months) take advantage of a bug in the website code that bypasses the in-stock check whenever certain promotion code or shopping cart codes are used. Cabelas needs to fix it, this has been happening for months and disappointing many people.

These links (there have been numerous ones in recent months) take advantage of a bug in the website code that bypasses the in-stock check whenever certain promotion code or shopping cart codes are used. Cabelas needs to fix it, this has been happening for months and disappointing many people.

It's using a temp designation for a shopping cart and its contents "retrieveShoppingCart.cmd?cartId=dd211d919332cd3e7eff14d1cb86e9de".

I imagine that sort of thing works on many cart interfaces used by various etailers, wouldn't expect Cabela's to be unique in that regard?

- OS

[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1125032" timestamp="1394910557"]It's using a temp designation for a shopping cart and its contents "retrieveShoppingCart.cmd?cartId=dd211d919332cd3e7eff14d1cb86e9de". I imagine that sort of thing works on many cart interfaces used by various etailers, wouldn't expect Cabela's to be unique in that regard? - OS[/quote] Correct. Shopping cart functionality is indeed common on nearly every retail website. The difference is that most properly functioning websites still verify stock levels before you checkout, and do not allow you to pay for and complete the checkout process when the item is out of stock. If they do not inform you of a backorder or out of stock condition and they let you complete the order, then you naturally expect your order to be filled, only to find out later that it was canceled.