Mid-Tenn October Meet & Shoot -- Sunday, Oct 19th, 2008.

RSVP using this poll.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. RSVP using this poll.

• I will be there.
    • I will be there with guest(s).

• Administrator

WHEN: SUNDAY OCTOBER 19th @ 11:00am

WHAT: Middle Tennessee TGO Meet & Shoot

WHERE: Spring Hill, TN (Owl Hollow Gun Club)

Cost to shoot is $5.00 per person. You must supply your own eye and ear protection, paper targets and target hanging materials. Handgun pits require clothes pins or tape to hang targets from a wire stretched across the pits. Rifle lanes require a heavy duty staple gun to fix your targets to the backer boards.

Recommend that you bring insect repellent. Weather dependent, also bring sunscreen and/or shoes that you don't mind getting muddy and dirty. This is an OUTDOOR range.

Directions To Owl Hollow Gun Club

Range is located approximately 10 miles south of downtown Franklin, Tennessee in Williamson county. From I-65 South/North take the Peytonsville Road exit, #61; go West about .7 mile to the red light at South US 431 (Lewisburg Pike); turn South (towards Lewisburg) onto US 431 and go approximately 6.5 miles to Owl Hollow Road; turn west onto Owl Hollow Road; the range is located approximately 1.1 miles on the left side of the road.

Approximate GPS Coordinates for those with GPS devices: Latitude 35.7606 N ; Longitude -86.8571 W

*** There will not be an organized lunch connected to this month's get together ***

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And yes its big boy rules for the most part. If you need to go down range call for all clear. The rifle area, being a seperate range, does not need to clear for pistol pits to change targets but the pistol pit must clear for rifles to do their change.

In the pistol pits (one ~20 m and one ~ 10 m) you can do drills as long as the people in the pit are of the same mind/agree to it. On the rifle range you must be behind the firing line at all times.

The pistol pits have markers every 5 m and you can move as far forward or back to the limits of the pit.

Edited by Daniel

I think I'll be out of my cast and able to walk by this time,(i hope) depends on what the docs say and it should be before knee surgery so I might be able to actually get to this one.

• Administrator

Shotguns are allowed but you are required to police up your shot hulls after you're done.

$5.00 is for non-members. The $50 membership fee is not required since everyone will be shooting as guests of OHGC members.

As long as you don't run out and get targets while everyone's shooting, you should go home with the same number of orifices that you came with. ;)

• Administrator
I should be there this time. Woooo! Are we permitted to bring ourselves a bag lunch, since there is no lunch this time around?

There's nothing against it in the rules, so I'd say go right on ahead. The only mention alcoholic beverages as being forbidden.

Guest Verbal Kint
Questions.

Shotguns ok?

Is the $5 in addition to the the $50 membership that OHGC charges?

Tungsten - will you promise not to shoot me?

In honor of you signing up over here, I figured I'd whip up something for you (or the others, at your expense) to use at the range. :rofl:

obama_target.jpg

Obama Targets.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
SOB....2 times I could go, and in-laws both times. Damn!! I really need to get to one of these gatherings

Take your man-card back from your wife and tell her family you'll see then when you get back from shooting. :cool:

Or just bring them with you. :P

Guest Verbal Kint
Take your man-card back from your wife and tell her family you'll see then when you get back from shooting. :cool:

+1

And be sure to toss out "They're your ****ing family... not mine!" while doing so.

Be sure to come back and post the results... assuming you're still able. :P

Guest clutepc

I'm still trying to get there, I can get around a pretty good without crutches for a little while so I might be there just depends on how things feel that day.

Guest themark712
Bumping this thread...

How many of you who voted are still going to be there? And if you indicated that you will be bringing guests, how many guests?

Thanks. :lol:

I'll be there, without guest, unless you count a nice tasty Subway sammich. :lol:

• Administrator
Ill be there.

so who wants to let me shoot up some 5.56 i have?

Depending on how much time it takes for me to get my SBR properly sighted in, I may be up for that. I've got to go pick up some ammo on Saturday so that I can work with the rifle and get it set where it needs to be. That's my priority right now. Fun and games can happen after it's done. :lol: