Mid-Tenn October Meet & Shoot -- Sunday, Oct 19th, 2008.

RSVP using this poll.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. RSVP using this poll.

• I will be there.
    • I will be there with guest(s).

• Administrator

Dan's full auto string was nowhere near uncontrolled. I'm reluctant to make any sort of public statement about what happened today until I get all of the facts squared away and know what sort of interaction I may need to have with the OHGC BoD. I do intend to address the issue of the RO treating our group with what I can only term as being "passive aggressive behavior".

I certainly did not feel welcome there as an OHGC member.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
Yeah was a little uneasy at first, but the range nazi kinda cooled down and me and monsterking138 got to shoot Bob and Chuck the ZOMBIE targets, thanks Tungsten they were awsome.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the targets. It seemed like a fun idea with Halloween right around the corner. You never know when good anti-zombie marksmanship might come in handy. :D

I think a good time was had by all. Well, all except Zombie Chuck. He took quite a lot of abuse.:D Wish I'd had more ammo for the M1 Garand so more folks could shoot it. It was nice to meet everyone and put a face with a screen name.

I put a few pics up in the members gallery under my name.

Guest themark712
I certainly did not feel welcome there as an OHGC member.

Ditto. And I was not even involved in the incident.

Yeah was a little uneasy at first, but the range nazi kinda cooled down and me and monsterking138 got to shoot Bob and Chuck the ZOMBIE targets, thanks Tungsten they were awsome.

Yeah, thanks for supplying the targets. Those were pretty sweet.

And also a big thanks to the gentleman who let me shoot the Ruger. Sorry, but I don't think I got your name.

Edited by themark712

Yeah that was real fun.:D The wife and I pulled up right when it was getting loud. We hung around about 30 minutes or so and really didn't like the obvious waves of hate coming off the muzzleloader crowd. We never even unloaded out stuff, just left and went home.

You know, if the club is losing their range and are unsure of their future, shouldn't they be embracing everyone they can? As much money as the TGO has put into the place, you'd think they'd try to partner with us to find a new location.

Someone tell the Fudd's they owe me $20 worth of gas!!

buk

• Administrator

Buk, sorry you guys drove so far only to be made to feel unwelcome and unwanted by the black-powder crowd. I've been keeping quiet about that part so far, but it's no coincidence that so many of the TGO members picked up on exactly the same thing regarding the OHGC members present at the other end of the firing line.

My gut tells me that the black-powder folks had planned a picnic lunch and weren't happy to see so many guests there. The controlled full auto incident was just the provocation that the RO needed to start making it uncomfortable for the rest of us.

The OHGC rules state that full-auto is allowed so long as it is not sustained fire and is controlled. Dan's string may have been a little more than a 3-round burst, but it was completely and precisely controlled and did not even account for a half of a magazine worth. I know this for a fact because I had alread burned up more than half of the mag myself before giving the weapon back to Dan to fire.

More on this later. I'm saying more than I really wanted to right now but I think everyone is already starting to put together a fairly accurate picture of what happened.

I'm making notes, folks. Once I get a good picture of what was going on up and down the line, I intend to address it with the OHGC Board of Directors.

Guest Schmootika

I felt the "waves of hate" myself and several snide comments from the Fudds. I hate that it went that way. I have always had such an enjoyable time there and this just soured me on ever going back.

Thanks to everyone for letting me finger their toys, for letting me shoot the M1 and the Saiga 12.....Man, I gotta have one now!;)

It was good seeing the TGO crowd, and was great to actually SHOOT today (it's been a while).

The bad part of the day was being the last TGO members in line on the range, right next to the muzzleloader boys. Some of the comments overheard were interesting.

Heard them complaining that our guns were "Too Loud", and Schmoo, who was shooting her Saiga, Had "No idea what she was doing".

And Mr. Range Nazi just could not seem to comprehend that a Romanian AK DOES NOT HAVE a bolt hold-open feature. During one Cold Range I had to physically remove my AK from him because he'd taken it upon himself to remove it from the firing line and try to open the bolt, because I was 10 feet away when "Cold" was called.

Every time a "Cold" was called he seemed to be right there telling me that I had to remove the magazine and open the bolt. After the fourth time of me telling and showing him that the bolt doesn't stay open, he stopped, but kept watching me all day, just praying I'd screw up, somehow.

I swear, if it wouldn't have reflected bad on TGO, I would have bumped off a full mag before packing it up for the day.

• Administrator

It was fairly obvious that George (the RO in question) had purposed it in his heart to make us as miserable as possible for the remainder of the day. Twice I personally witnessed him telling members of the TGO crowd to do something unsafe to satisfy his hunger to be obeyed.

Actually that's how the whole thing started. I'm afraid that it was my fault for refusing to carry my weapon in a manner that would have been extremely unsafe for anyone who happened to be within a half-mile radius of the range.

I've gotta get me a HCP badge, though. That was some slick stuff! ;)

I felt the "waves of hate" myself and several snide comments from the Fudds. I hate that it went that way. I have always had such an enjoyable time there and this just soured me on ever going back.

Thanks to everyone for letting me finger their toys, for letting me shoot the M1 and the Saiga 12.....Man, I gotta have one now!;)

I'm glad you liked the Saiga 12 and next time we all meet and shoot, you are more than welcome to shoot it again.

Guest Schmootika
I'm glad you liked the Saiga 12 and next time we all meet and shoot, you are more than welcome to shoot it again.

I am all tingly just thinking about it! ;)

Guest clutepc
Well I couldnt believe you asked him about it lol. Pretty slick though, "hey man, what department you with?"

at least he went right out and said it was so people would think hes a cop.

who asked that...? It would of been worth the trip out there just to hear that one...;)

Wow, kinda Glad and Sorry at the same time I didn't make it today, he probably wouldn't of let me out of the car with my Boot on & limping...lol

What a big change from every other time we have all been there, I hope it was just a bad day for the range...or something......:)

Edited by clutepc