Stopped at SMKW last week. I checked out their ESEE collection. All the ESEEs were on sale so basically the were priced like the Interweb prices. Best of all immediate gratification.
This is one hell of a knife. Well balanced and great feel. I like the liners, I think I'm going to dye the scales black.

image_zps88fee751.jpg

image_zpse1ccd12e.jpg

image_zps52861dc1.jpg

Edited by DAdams
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice looking, and I like the blue looking scales. Not too sissified, just attractive.Can I use that word about a knife?

You bet. The Micarta is gray, turned sort of blue in the lighting. I think before I use it, I'm going to dye the scales black. Due to the porosity of the Micarta Ritz Dye can be used and it's easy to do. It doesn't bleed afterward.
  • 3 weeks later...

I like the 5 also, but for some reason (saber grind, thickness of metal?) it is more $$ than the 6. I also didn't need another knife with a glass breaker. Can't go wrong with a 5 or a LS for that matter. The 5 is sort of a sharpened pry bar, good for cutting metal and Plexiglas. For camp chores involving wood I would rather a 6.

Edited by DAdams

I like the 5 also, but for some reason (saber grind, thickness of metal?) it is more $$ than the 6. I also didn't need another knife with a glass breaker. Can't go wrong with a 5 or a LS for that matter.

Both of them are nice.  I think the five is a little thicker maybe?  The Laser Strike is one that would be cool too if for nothing more then the blade shape.

Both of them are nice.  I think the five is a little thicker maybe?  The Laser Strike is one that would be cool too if for nothing more then the blade shape.

5 is a saber grind and thicker. Has the glass breaker. Scale retrofits are the same for both.
I like buying here. Competitive prices and you can buy the blade and choose from an assortment of scales.

http://www.the-knife-connection.com/rat-cutlery--rc-5-series.html
  • 3 weeks later...

Love my little Izula!  As for the 6, it's just a bit too big for me.  I have Paul Hargis 5" Custom, already, but I wouldn't mind having the Esee 3!  Also wouldn't mind having a Esee with a scandi grind, though, I wouldn't want the coating it, like they use on their other knives.