Breaking news...Ft Hood Shooter..again

Guest Lester Weevils

A couple of days ago there was a Drudge link that the military was trying to locate/arrest a serviceman supposedly planning a fort hood copycat shooting. Wonder if the two stories are related?

Guest TankerHC
Buddy of mine (we roomed up in an apartment while we were getting ready to retire) and served together most of our careers works for GD in the Sim Center. Calling my wife to see if she can contact his wife to see if he was there.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Rather early to assume this is either a terrorist and/or Muslim related event isn't it?

I mean it may be both but could be neither...I guess we'll find out as details start to come out.

Possibly, but they've been searching for a Muslim soldier that has planned "a ft hood style jihad attract" for days....I'll take my chances.
  • Like 1
[quote name="gregintenn" post="1133219" timestamp="1396480298"]I'm dumb enough to wonder why a military base isn't one of those places where a shooter gets shot back at. :ugh: You don't hear about shootings at police precincts now do ya'?[/quote] Exactly. IIIRC, there's one word to explain it: Clinton
Guest TankerHC

Possibly, but they've been searching for a Muslim soldier that has planned "a ft hood style jihad attract" for days....I'll take my chances.

He was found last week. They stood down the alert call  a day or two ago and stated the soldier who made all the threats was in an undisclosed Mental Health facility. (He also wasn't actually a Soldier having never got past enlisting at the recruiting station and never put on a uniform). Would be some crap if they let him out and this was him.

Edited by TankerHC

I'm dumb enough to wonder why a military base isn't one of those places where a shooter gets shot back at.

You would think but in our enlightened society even those on a military base must "shelter in place".

[quote name="Garufa" post="1133238" timestamp="1396482161"]How so? Did he outlaw self-defense on military bases?[/quote] Is he not the one that made bases "gun free zones", so that service rifles must be locked in armories? Edited by KKing
Well i've decided not to glue myself to the news right now while they are in hyper-speculation mode, i'll wait a while until they get a few facts and stay away from the major liberal opinion channels like BSNBC and CNN ect. They did announce that BoBo the clown was going to make a statement, which I will not watch because of the high chance that he will politically exploit this incident. Like it happened an hour ago and he can't wait to get in front of the camera as if he has something important to add. I'll feel sad for the families for anyone that may have been killed in this incident but i've learned over the years that I wont know what really happened for a couple of days and I still can't trust most everything the major media outlets reports even then.
  • Like 3