Any other Game of Thrones fans? ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

I can not wait.  I have read the first two books which were great... however I think for the first time I like the show better than the books. 

Who is everybody's favorite overall character?  (trying not to give any spoilers)

• Like 2

I'm hooked and so is my wife.  Really, once you're married you can't get into a show that your spouse isn't into, so I'm glad she brought this one to my attention.  We Netflix it when a new season is released on Blu Ray since I travel so much that we'd never be able to follow a season in real time.  It's a lot easier just to rent it, then main line a season over the course of a couple weeks.

And as for characters, favorite one is Khaleesi, Daenerys Targaryan.  She has undergone the most development as a character from what she was to what she is.  It makes her the most interesting character, to me.  And boobies.  Boobies are certainly a plus.

We haven't done Season 3 yet, but will start it next month.  Hopefully I didn't make a mistake by posting in this thread like I did with the Walking Dead thread.... spoilers showing up in the feed on Tapatalk that can't be unseen.

• Like 2
[quote name="Hershmeister" post="1133459" timestamp="1396533025"]My wife and I are also fans. I was surprised she would like it since its packed with blood, gore, violence and lots of boobies. Go figure!Strangely i cant convince her to watch the Sopranos which has about the same levels of all of the above.[/quote] Yes, but they don't speak in Ye Olde English accents in Sopranos. Plus the dudes on Game of Thrones are eye candy for chicks, whereas greaseball gangsters speaking in those awful NJ accents don't put most women into "drive". Kinda like the Spartacus series; it's pretty silly to me, but hey, it gets the motor running. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[quote name="ls3_kid" post="1133460" timestamp="1396533498"]My three favorites are (In order) Ned, Arya, and The Hound. Believe it or not reading the books gives you a different input on Jamie Lannister. I liked him in the books. [/quote] I'm interested in seeing where The Hound goes as a character. I guess I left out the Little Lannister as one of my favorites. As characters go he isn't overly interesting, but he always has the best lines and brings a great deal of comedy relief with his observations in an otherwise brutal and serious show. If they kill him I may stops watching. Oh yeah, and if they do kill him, don't tell me. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm interested in seeing where The Hound goes as a character. I guess I left out the Little Lannister as one of my favorites. As characters go he isn't overly interesting, but he always has the best lines and brings a great deal of comedy relief with his observations in an otherwise brutal and serious show. If they kill him I may stops watching. Oh yeah, and if they do kill him, don't tell me. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish I could say some stuff about the Hound and George R. R. Martin, it kind of intertwins into Arya's sword trainer too.  Mainly just a theory that many people believe.

Are you talking about Tyrion the dwarf Tannister?  Yes he is great. 

Side note Martin's wife has said if her favorite character gets killed from the show she will divorce him.  Martin has two more books still to write, hopefully he doesn't croak before these are finished.  All of this talk really makes me want to pick up "A Storm of Swords" and finish it.  Decisions decisions.

be-nice-to-me-or-tyrion-is-next.jpg

Haha, that is a funny picture right there. But seriously, killing Tyrion on Game of Thrones would be like killing Daryl on The Walking Dead. BTW, if they have killed Daryl don't say anything. I have to wait a few weeks before I can watch the rest of season 4. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would have to say Tyrion is my favorite character, followed closely by Khaleesi. After watching her go from, in the first season, an innocent almost shy quite type girl, to a power hungry dragon toting queen has been fun
  • Like 1

It will be a terrible dilemma Sunday night.  

Everyone at work will watch GoT and will be talking about it Monday.  But,  River Monsters starts a new season Sunday night at the same time.

Dunno what to do. 

I would have to say Tyrion is my favorite character, followed closely by Khaleesi. After watching her go from, in the first season, an innocent almost shy quite type girl, to a power hungry dragon toting queen has been fun

I would have to agree with you on your picks. Tyrion is just plain cool. And The Khaleesi...What's not to like about a georgeous chick who commands dragons?

Seriously though, I do enjoy the show.

My wife, however, is just plain bonkers over it. She has asked and complained about the "long" wait for the show to return. Asked me the other day when she could buy season 4.

This woman is hardcore.
  • Like 2

Another fan here.

If you haven't read the books, I don't think you would be disappointed with the "artisitic license" adapting a literary series into mini-series.

The books obviously give more in-depth character development; Tyrion is NOT a comic-relief character.

I'm still waiting for Martin to finish the Winds of Winter.

• Like 1

Am a fan. Best series for me was Deadwood!

Deadwood was really good. I've rewatched it since it aired and it was happy that it was just as good as the first time.

Haha, that is a funny picture right there. But seriously, killing Tyrion on Game of Thrones would be like killing Daryl on The Walking Dead. BTW, if they have killed Daryl don't say anything. I have to wait a few weeks before I can watch the rest of season 4. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bad news for you then, Daryl and Rick fall in love and run off together to become zombies, so they can be together always.

• Like 1
[quote name="BigK" post="1133545" timestamp="1396546248"] Bad news for you then, Daryl and Rick fall in love and run off together to become zombies, so they can be together always.[/quote] You're supposed to start that off with "spoiler alert!" Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
[quote name="LINKS2K" post="1133520" timestamp="1396542541"]I just stated watching Deadwood last week. It's very good.[/quote] Another great series, but so dark I never approached my wife to watch it with me. It explores the notion that justice is relative, and goes so far as to state there is no thing as justice. That is a scary thing to ponder for folks who haven't seen the world outside of their protective bubble. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think its cool how Tyrion, a Lanaster, has stood up for and defended "the Stark girl" (Sansa) on several occasions to his dad and his crazy sister. He is the only Lanaster I think that has any kind of a conscience. 

On a side note. I really hope something bad happens to Joffrey this season.

Edited by reed1285
  • Like 2

I think its cool how Tyrion, a Lanaster, has stood up for and defended "the Stark girl" (Sansa) on several occasions to his dad and his crazy sister. He is the only Lanaster I think that has any kind of a conscience. 

On a side note. I really hope something bad happens to Joffrey this season.

I'd like to think there is a special place in Hell for that little bastard, but even that is too good for him.

• Like 1