Gen 4 Glock question

Additional backstraps were only instituted on Gen 4's within the last year.  I have a couple Gen 4's that I purchased brand new over a year ago that didn't come with additional back straps :)

Not 100% sure on the mag question TDR :)

Additional backstraps were only instituted on Gen 4's within the last year.  I have a couple Gen 4's that I purchased brand new over a year ago that didn't come with additional back straps :)

Negative. My gen 4 Glock 23 came with backstraps. I bought it in during early 2010. 

And yes, they have always come with 3 magazines. Some guns stores have been accused of swiping the 3rd magazine and telling the owners that they only come with 2. This was actually quite common for a while.

• Like 1

Negative. My gen 4 Glock 23 came with backstraps. I bought it in during early 2010. 

And yes, they have always come with 3 magazines. Some guns stores have been accused of swiping the 3rd magazine and telling the owners that they only come with 2. This was actually quite common for a while.

I was assuming the beavertail backstraps!   :hiding:

The Gen 4 (second hand) in question has MBS on the side. Did the early Gen 4's have this, or was it added later?

Yes. All gen 4's have that. I believe it stands for multiple backstrap system. Hence why them came with multiple backstraps.  :up:

I've have a Gen 4 23 that came with 2 backstraps and 3 mags. I've had it for several years. That one is one of the early Gen 4's

Edited by mikegideon

I think mine is real close to yours in age

I have an early FDE GEN 4 19 that did not include the beaver tail blackstrap option. The early Gen 4 glocks did not come with the beaver tail back straps, nor with the little peg at the back where the interchangeable grip snaps in, that stabilizes the beaver tail blackstrap. So the early gen 4 will accept the beaver tail strap included with later models but it will not be adequately stable in my opinion. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk