Something Cool For The Survival Tin/Kit.

I just searched online and there are not any knock offs out there yet. I assumed I would see some cheap China made ones but I didn't. I think I may get a few of these and throw in my bag. And they are USA made. Sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

I'd need to make an arrow jig to make arrows before this would be useful to me. The look cool though.

From reading their site, I think they are intended to be used more as a spear than arrows. This is one of the few "survival" tools I though might actually be useful. Picked up a pair to try out. One I'm going to play with and one will go in the survival/emergency box with the fire starter kit, paracord, and water purification equipment. 

They shipped quickly after ordering (2 days from order to my hands!). You have to send them an e-mail with what you want and they send a PP invoice. Cards came in thick individual plastic sealed bags wrapped in the well written instruction sheet.  The cards are a low carbon fairly thick milder steel, that according to the maker, makes it easier to sharpen in the field and is more forgiving. It is nicely and evenly parkerized.  Both ends of the card are sharpened. One end has a curved drop point type blade intended for more precision cutting and the other end is sharpened across the entire end for tougher material. So far I like even more than I thought I might.   

IMG_20140415_085312405_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140415_085455948_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140415_094023035_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140415_085531717_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140415_094121002_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140415_094129172.jpg

Edited by Smith
Guest sigequinox

There is no word for "patent" in Chinese.

To my limited understanding you need to secure a patent in different legal jurisdictions. Ie. eruope, india, etc. I'm sure China has a process, but they probably just deny you and sell of the paperwork to manufacturing plants and government owned corporations.