Economical 13"/15" Free Float Handguard?

Is there any economical free float handguards that are strong and durable? I'm wanting to build an AR using a 18" or 20" barrel SS 223 Wylde barrel and a 13" or 15" keymod type handguard with top rail only. Most I have found are $250+. What else is available and in use by TGO members. Thanks

Midwest Industries is one of the two that I've narrowed my field down to. The 15" can be found for $189 regularly and I've seen it for as low as $179 of coarse if you drop it down to the 13" you drop $10-$20. It's not a "keymod" rail but it is a round tube with top rail only and provisions to place rail sections wherever you like. I've got the other one book marked but can't remember what brand it was but i'll try to find it.

I used the UTG Pro Free Float Quad Rail. I like it. They are made in the US and very sturdy. They have a UTG Pro Super Slim that I wish I would have got instead. Way cheaper. The Rifle Length Super Slim is about $110 and the Quad Rail that I got was around $80.

-southernasylum

If you're on a budget the UTG Pro is a great value for the money. I used one of the free float quad rails on my "truck gun" and it has been great for the $60 I gave for it so I wouldn't think twice about trying their super slim rail.

Edited by 2.ooohhh

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/browse&category=forearms/railsystems_seekinsprecision

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/browse&category=railedforearms_rainierarms

And if you are a veteran, active military or LE they do give BIG discounts. Register then contact them to let them know you are. I cannot remember if they wanted a copy of a 214 when I registered or not.

[quote name="lshel" post="1140411" timestamp="1397878557"]I ordered Leaper UTG Pro Super Slim 13" handrail. Thanks TGO for the input.[/quote] Let us know what you think. I'm happy with my quad rail but I wish I got that one instead. I have small hands and I think that would be more comfy for me. -southernasylum Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by southernasylum