Lucky Lucky Lucky...!!!

I walked into Academy this morning about 15 minutes after they opened. As I wished the greeter a good morning my eyes rested on what appeared to be ammo....22 AMMO...!!!  So, I did this  :stunned: and they were still there. So I headed that way like a dog after a soup bone. There were 3 other guys headed that way and I  :panic:  and picked up my pace...the race was on!!! I managed 3rd place in the race and I saw 4 boxes of 525 round Remington and maybe 50 boxes of some other brand I'm not familiar with. But then I thought....what is the limit???  Well the lady told the first two guys who were together they could buy 1 of the bricks or 10 boxes of the other (It think that's what she said. I am pretty deaf). They began a long discussion about which was the better ammo and this went on for what seemed an eternity but was actually only a minute or so. I became very  :bored:  :waiting: with this and began to feel that  :panic: feeling again so I asked one of the ladies if I could go ahead and purchase one of the bricks. Well the sales people were looking at them both like this  :shake: and this  :grouchy:.  She was very glad to hand me a box and get the ball rolling. i paid and  I was instantly feeling  :biglol:  :hyper:  :cheers:  :rock: , took my brick and headed to fishing dept and got some hair jigs. But I suppose the jigs can wait.  It's off to the range with my buckmark, my walther P22, and my new CZ 452...!!!! Like the song goes...."Life is good today..."

THE END.

:wave:

• Like 5

Congrats!

Academy gets it in regularly enough.  Last time I was in, there was no one else there, it was close to 8:30 and they had at a glance over 5k rounds (6 , maybe 8 500 type boxes and a bunch of 50 per boxes), 3 brands.   

Its scarce, but if you pay them a visit a couple of times a month, you should have enough to enjoy some shooting. 

Guest BCR#1

I walked into Academy this morning about 15 minutes after they opened. As I wished the greeter a good morning my eyes rested on what appeared to be ammo....22 AMMO...!!!  So, I did this  :stunned: and they were still there. So I headed that way like a dog after a soup bone. There were 3 other guys headed that way and I  :panic:  and picked up my pace...the race was on!!! I managed 3rd place in the race and I saw 4 boxes of 525 round Remington and maybe 50 boxes of some other brand I'm not familiar with. But then I thought....what is the limit???  Well the lady told the first two guys who were together they could buy 1 of the bricks or 10 boxes of the other (It think that's what she said. I am pretty deaf). They began a long discussion about which was the better ammo and this went on for what seemed an eternity but was actually only a minute or so. I became very  :bored:  :waiting: with this and began to feel that  :panic: feeling again so I asked one of the ladies if I could go ahead and purchase one of the bricks. Well the sales people were looking at them both like this  :shake: and this  :grouchy:.  She was very glad to hand me a box and get the ball rolling. i paid and  I was instantly feeling  :biglol:  :hyper:  :cheers:  :rock: , took my brick and headed to fishing dept and got some hair jigs. But I suppose the jigs can wait.  It's off to the range with my buckmark, my walther P22, and my new CZ 452...!!!! Like the song goes...."Life is good today..."

THE END.

:wave:

If you get that excited over one brick of ammo I wonder how you would react to getting 7 bricks in the last 8 weeks like I have from the boutique.

Bill

Due to wifey's surgery and a scheduled shutdown at work, I've had a few opportunities to score at Academy. In 2 weeks I managed 5 bricks. I'm happy with that. I should keep it all for myself, but I'm such a softie/sucker... the one I got today has already been given away. :/

Due to wifey's surgery and a scheduled shutdown at work, I've had a few opportunities to score at Academy. In 2 weeks I managed 5 bricks. I'm happy with that. I should keep it all for myself, but I'm such a softie/sucker... the one I got today has already been given away. :/

I was in Academy in Smryna tonight , didn't see any 22's. Do they usually put them out on the shelf?That's the 2nd time I've been there since it opened.

This can be interpreted on many levels.  Sorry, couldn't help myself ...

Hahahahahaahahahahahahhaaha!!!! That's AWESOME! BAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :-D

Anywho, the shipments are out out in the morning. You'll likely never see 22 in the afternoon, and when you do (like I did last Friday afternoon) it's just the last 2 boxes of some ridiculously expensive fancy pants stuff.