Boat anchor........lol

bersaguy

I had a buddy stop by a little while ago and he had a gun he was wanting to sell. Right now I cannot afford to drop any money on another gun but I told him to get back with me over the weekend. This was a boat anchor and I could not believe a 32 Caliber could weigh as much as this gun did. After he left I went and done some research on it because I didn't recognize the brand. It is a Lorcin semi auto 32 caliber made in California and they had everything except a sterling reputation. They had more lawsuits against them than McDonalds When he calls me back on the weekend I'm gonna break his heart. He loaned a guy 125.00 and the guy didn't have the money to pay him back and gave him this fine piece of American Technology instead.........I have a feeling he will own this gun for a long time unless he is lucky enough find someone that wants to just buy it without checking it out..........Anyone else heard of this company before?

I remember this well, in 1994 the wholesale pricing on these Lorcins as I remember:

25 Auto $29

380 Auto $39

9mm Auto $69

In my hay day, I sold close to 200-300+ of these things.  Absolutely a piece of junk.  I did hear that the 380 were less prone to jam though!  Instead of 80% of the time, they jammed just 20% of the time.   My business model was not high end, but don't laugh I did make $30 to $80 per sale though.  Not too many high end guns have this margin, and volume.  I should admit I am no longer in business though!  Its been 17 years, I sure do miss the business fun!

Yea, I got a 380 in my safe I got from mike357. It's worth about 50 bucks on a good day. No more.

I've seen a couple priced as high as $70. The were right next to the $75 SCCY's. :rofl:  I bet it would scare us to know how many of these time bombs are actually being carried on the street right now.

Edited by luvmyberetta
  • Like 1
These are the guns we willing accept the practice of turning in for "guns for cash" programs.

...in fact, I used to work in a machine shop with a fella who turned a profit selling Lorcin and Jennings and RG handguns to buy back programs.
  • Like 2

I kind of like those guns in as much if you can do a fluff and buff on them you can get them to work.  A friend of mine gave me his black Lorcin to get running. (Lori and Cindy were the names of the daughters of the guy who owned Lorcin).  I disassembled that Lorcin and decided to clean it but didn't want to spend a lot of time on it. I sprayed some Gun Blaster on it and gasped in horror as the finished dripped off into my garbage can.  I got the gun cleaned and took all the finish off it and put that pot metal to the buffing wheel. That stuff will buff to a near mirror-like finish.  When I returned the functional gun to my friend I told him I had some good news and some bad news.  Good news is that it worked, bad news is that the color had changed and took it out of the case.  His eyes lit up like Xmas he was so happy with his now "shiny" pistol.  

I do wish I hadn't gotten rid of the Jennings J22 I had at one time. That has to be the smallest "functional" semi auto .22LR I have ever seen.       

• Like 1

A loaded Lorcin is worth twice the worth of the same gun empty.

That is kinda funny because the guy also gave him about 25 or 30 rounds of 32 ammo with the gun and I told him the ammo may be worth more than the gun and he laughed. 

The owner of the company I work for asked me to make a couple of holsters for some relatives this past Christmas. I quoted him $50 a piece for the holsters and he was thrilled. When he finally got back to me with the make/model of guns to make them for, one was a Lorcin L380 and the other was a Jennings J-22.

The owner of the company I work for asked me to make a couple of holsters for some relatives this past Christmas. I quoted him $50 a piece for the holsters and he was thrilled. When he finally got back to me with the make/model of guns to make them for, one was a Lorcin L380 and the other was a Jennings J-22.

That's a great idea, I wish I could double my guns value by buying a holster...

These are the guns we willing accept the practice of turning in for "guns for cash" programs.

...in fact, I used to work in a machine shop with a fella who turned a profit selling Lorcin and Jennings and RG handguns to buy back programs.

Hey I have a RG .22 revolver that has never failed.  My parents bought it to shoot cans with back in the 80s.  Love that thing lol.

Hey I have a RG .22 revolver that has never failed. My parents bought it to shoot cans with back in the 80s. Love that thing lol.

A friend of mine used to use a loaner RG22 for classes and type of stuff, the estimated round count is upwards of 30k with all failures expected to be bad to rimfire ammo.

Similarly, my dad had an Arminus 8 shot 22lr revolver that was an excellent gun. You could not imagine how much fun that little thing was to shoot. To be honest it may be the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. Edited by Patton