Condor Outdoor equipment?

Don't have any of their rifle cases or vests and stuff,  but I have various Condor molle pouches/cases and they've been just fine, seem tough as any. All the add on stuff on my around town pack are Condor, and have held up fine for several years now packed with various stuff. There's actually one more small one on the back side of the water bottle case, too.

LAbag.jpg

Also have Condor AR and pistol mag cases and they're fine.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Chest rigs, plate carriers, drop leg systems, etc.. I plan on attending tactical carbine and engagement courses such as those offered through Gunsite, Tactical Response, Suarez, etc. and wanted to get input on this gear and see if it was meant more for Paintball or if it could actually take some abuse as I also want to employ it into my bug out gear.

Edited by whitewolf001
  • Like 1
Original Special Operations Equipment and High Speed Gear Inc. SOE is out of Camden, TN and HSGI is out of NC somewhere. So with one you would be supporting a TN business. They don't make plate carriers but HSGI does I believe, one or two models.
I can't comment on Condor stuff, but +1 on SOE. I've had one of their belts that gets daily use, and a few other items for carry that I'm going to use if I ever get my carry permit. Sent from somewhere in the cosmos using magic...and bacon. Edited by Ted S.
For Occasional square range use the mag pouches are ok for the price. If you want open top mag pouches look at HSGI taco pouches. If you want flaps for retention look at LBT, Tactical tailor, eagle, SOE. You can also find USGI stuff on auction sites cheap.

If you are going to spend the money, i would recommend avoiding condor for "go to gear" Edited by Static_USMC

[quote name="Caster" post="1140696" timestamp="1397964133"]How serious is SOE gear one might ask? Well, they sum it up in all their product labels. logo-original-soe-gear.png[/quote] Pretty much. Sent from somewhere in the cosmos using magic...and bacon.

Okay, some of the Condor stuff is hit or miss, I have 2 of their rucks  (3day and a day ruck), I've had to replace a buckle or two and I have some stitching coming undone. for what you pay for the condor rucks, just go to LAPG and get their day ruck instead. 

There's better options for chest rigs and you can get pretty good deals if you shop around. if you are looking at plate carriers, take a look at ShellBack Tactical, BFG Plateminus, Mayflower, and there's another company that offers plate carrier and IV stand alone plates (http://store.appalachiantraining.com/) for a decent price.. SOE is GTG, but there might a wait time, unless they have improved that. HSGI  GTG. 

I need to add this tidbit I found out yesterday, Shellback Tactical will be opening a Main Office/R&D/Manufacturing warehouse somewhere in TN, not sure where at the moment. So you might want to wait and support a local business. 

Another Gem, Grey Ghost Group, will be selling plates III, III+, IV, starting around $200 and will not weigh as much, per there press release. Something else to look at..