Dangerous but I been thinking again!!!!!

I been thinking about the Open Carry bill they just shot down last week and I have been wondering something. We all know that some of us do fudge sometimes when approaching a posted business and we need to just go in and get something and right back out while carrying concealed. If they would have actually passed the open carry law I wonder how many more businesses would have went posted?  It stands to reason if they don't want concealed carries in their place of business surely they would not want open carry in there. With that said many businesses have probably never given it a second thought about how many people walk through their doors every day with a concealed weapon. Now considering how many businesses are posted no guns for concealed carry if they went open carry how would any stores have any customers if they don't even want concealed carry customers?????

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly I think its little to do with wants.  I would say about 75% of them are posted due to corporate policy and the decision was made in ignorance and enforced in the south blindly. 

A few places might change once the guns come out in the open.   Then again, they may see how many ppl do it and think "lost sales" ....

Well, like that Guns Everywhere bill, (don't know the official name) in GA.

You can bet allot of those places will post, like bars, schools.

I wonder how many Churches will post.

In general I am confused about what states you can and can't carry in Church anyways.

I am pretty sure TN OK and KY, and those are mainly the 2 states I deal with.

Well going to a bar while armed and drinking alcohol has always been illegal already so thats a gimme. Schools are also a gimme because they have always been "GUN FREE ZONES" and in all honesty and I ain't proud of it but have not been to church since wife passed away so can't speak on Churches But if I am not mistaken was there not a decussion a while back about those fancy coffee houses I can't afford to shop at first posted no guns and then reposted to no open carry do to business loss. Mind is going cause I can't think of the name of those Coffee joints. Probably because I ave never been in one........ :hiding:

Well going to a bar while armed and drinking alcohol has always been illegal already so thats a gimme. Schools are also a gimme because they have always been "GUN FREE ZONES" and in all honesty and I ain't proud of it but have not been to church since wife passed away so can't speak on Churches But if I am not mistaken was there not a decussion a while back about those fancy coffee houses I can't afford to shop at first posted no guns and then reposted to no open carry do to business loss. Mind is going cause I can't think of the name of those Coffee joints. Probably because I ave never been in one........ :hiding:

I think your thinking about Starbucks. If so it wasn't quite like that. They've always held a policy to not have a policy so to speak. Kind if like a Walmart, if you can legally carry in the state the store is in, you can carry in the store.

Where this got a lot of attention was because Starbucks target demographic is yuppies. They bitched and groaned but Starbucks didn't seem to care. I bet there were no substantial list revenues.

Anyway, long story short as I recall it a bunch of well meaning OC "activists" from all over start open carrying in Starbucks. I seem to remember some group wanting an OC in Starbucks day. It got stupid IMO.

Anyway, Starbucks released a statement basically saying "don't use our place of business as a political podium, we are here to sell coffee." and people about lost their minds. You would have though based on some people's reactions that they announced they were going to give all their 3rd quarter profits to the Brady campaign.

Personally I was glad to see them not want to get involved. They make coffee, why should they?

There have been rouge employees/managers/ customers post stores I'm sure, but I don't think I've heard of a legitimately (as in Corprate knows) posted Starbucks in a state where it was legal?

I don't think they halted OC even temporarily, but I don't remember ? Edited by TrickyNicky
Want to know the effect of permitless OC on businesses in regard to whether there will be a rash of postings? Go someplace where there is permitless OC. I go into Kentucky all the time. I don't see too many places posting. I'm curious as to why folks would think Tennessee will be any different. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

.... I go into Kentucky all the time. I don't see too many places posting. I'm curious as to why folks would think Tennessee will be any different. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because TN is one of the 2 or 3 states that actually has an automatic penalty for violation. The psychology being, hey it's against state law this way, I don't have to confront anyone to tell them to leave, easy peasy.

Unlike with concealed carry, folks open carrying and ignoring signs might generate a huge uptick in folks being convicted for it as it only takes a phone call, and no doubt whether one is carrying or not.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1142541" timestamp="1398399657"]Because TN is one of the 2 or 3 states that actually has an automatic penalty for violation. The psychology being, hey it's against state law this way, I don't have to confront anyone to tell them to leave, easy peasy. Unlike with concealed carry, folks open carrying and ignoring signs might generate a huge uptick in folks being convicted for it as it only takes a phone call, and no doubt whether one is carrying or not. - OS[/quote] Yeah, the law sucks, but I don't see how passing OC sans permit would result in more posted businesses than any other state with permitless OC. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, the law sucks, but I don't see how passing OC sans permit would result in more posted businesses than any other state with permitless OC. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ones that post in other states have to have a bit of backbone to enforce it. Here, they can simply make a discreet phone call. That's why I think there would be an increase in posting, as antis simply see more guns on hips -- and don't even have to speak to the person doing it, let alone sign a complaint or testify.

- OS

[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1142543" timestamp="1398400229"]The ones that post in other states have to have a bit of backbone to enforce it. Here, they can simply make a discreet phone call. That's why I think there would be an increase in posting, as antis simply [i]see[/i] more guns on hips -- and don't even have to speak to the person doing it, let alone sign a complaint or testify. - OS[/quote] I guess you have to crawl inside the mind of a liberal pantswetter to understand their logic. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess you have to crawl inside the mind of a liberal pantswetter to understand their logic. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, well, no way to know if I'm right, unless it happens. I don't know which is going to be harder to achieve: permit-less open carry or decriminalizing the posting thing.

Any business that actually runs by logic must have decided if they post it will make more money than if they don't -- I honestly don't think many even uber liberals do it out of principle over profit.

I used to think maybe the fear of legal liability thing was one reason, but over time have seen zero actual case law where a biz was held liable, so I don't buy that anymore.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1142545" timestamp="1398400898"] Any business that actually runs by logic must have decided if they post it will make more money than if they don't -- I honestly don't think many even uber liberals do it out of principle over profit. - OS[/quote] Knowing this is anecdotal, there is a restaurant in Cville that wouldn't let police officers dine there, because they were armed. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Guest Lowbuster

I guess you have to crawl inside the mind of a liberal pantswetter to understand their logic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is true but I will passon getting in their mind, I'm allergic to stupidity and bs

Yeah, well, no way to know if I'm right, unless it happens. I don't know which is going to be harder to achieve: permit-less open carry or decriminalizing the posting thing.

- OS

You will not have to worry about finding out, for at least 4 more years.  With the Leadership we have in the House and Senate, and the occupant of the governor's mansion, no chance either will make it to Public chapter status.