‘Open Carry’ Gun Fight Moves to Target Stores

• Moderators
[quote name="Troutburger" post="1155896" timestamp="1402020258"]All these oc guys look like they just climbed out of their mommies basement.Guess they got tired of playing risk and d&d lol[/quote] They aren't smart enough for Risk and I don't know anything about D&D. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Need something more than just a theory of it being possible these are staged by Bloomberg. It has already been confirmed that these type of douchebags exist all over the country. YouTube is a good source to reference these idiot types. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding.  Most of us, if not all have seen these types before.  They're the people who will ruin your day at the range with their idiotic behavior, and make you think about calling it a day early so you don't have to be around them.

I look at these guys and all I have is contempt.  They may be exercising their rights, but they're coming close on exercising to the point of injury.  I doubt they understand that concept since they don't appear to exercise anything else, in any fashion, but I digress. 

Look at these photos from their own site.  Simple things like muzzle awareness seem to be an abstract concept for more than a few of them.  You think the media is spun up about them now?  Wait until one of these window lickers has a negligent discharge in an area where kids are near.  It's only a matter of time, IMO. 

And on a completely personal note...they obviously don't know jack about good guns & accessories.  All I see in these pictures are below average firearms with hardware that was the first item that comes up when you sort results in a category on Cheaper Than Dirt by "Price: Lowest to Highest." 

• Like 1

Watched a video the other day that was a discussion between the Mom's Demand Action and the head of the open carry group. During the interview, the OC guy tried to claim that these guys need the right to open carry their rifles because they can't legally carry handguns; they are 18 but not 21 yet.

I see his point but really if I thought I was going to need a rifle I would just stay at home.  There has to be a better, less troll like way to petition for better gun laws. With all the stupid gun laws that make don't actually keep people safer, why are is the focus here? This sort of idioocy is being exploited to make gun owners look like crazy people.

http://live.huffingtonpost.com/r/segment/target-under-fire-for-open-carry-gun-policy/538cb48802a7602b160005ab

Look at these photos from their own site.  Simple things like muzzle awareness seem to be an abstract concept for more than a few of them.  You think the media is spun up about them now?  Wait until one of these window lickers has a negligent discharge in an area where kids are near.  It's only a matter of time, IMO. 

Ok, so I looked through the pictures and the only poor muzzle discipline I saw was one of the group pictures had a guy with the muzzle pointed down on his shoe-which I think is careless, but the only person he could hurt would be himself. I think what you are seeing is people stacked up so with a quick glance it kinda looks like the muzzles are pointed at people. However, if you actually look at the depth of people, you notice that the muzzles are always pointing clear of people. Please don't spread fud around if you won't take the time to actually examine the pictures carefully.

Honestly, I don't think it's helping our side by attacking these guys because it's just giving the antiguners more ammo. What they are doing is legal and they have so far done it in a safe manner (no negligent discharges, etc.) We should respect that and maybe not agree with them, but keep that private.

• Like 1

Ok, so I looked through the pictures and the only poor muzzle discipline I saw was one of the group pictures had a guy with the muzzle pointed down on his shoe-which I think is careless, but the only person he could hurt would be himself. I think what you are seeing is people stacked up so with a quick glance it kinda looks like the muzzles are pointed at people. However, if you actually look at the depth of people, you notice that the muzzles are always pointing clear of people. Please don't spread fud around if you won't take the time to actually examine the pictures carefully.

Honestly, I don't think it's helping our side by attacking these guys because it's just giving the antiguners more ammo. What they are doing is legal and they have so far done it in a safe manner (no negligent discharges, etc.) We should respect that and maybe not agree with them, but keep that private.

Did you look at page 2 of their photos?

In this one- you'll need to zoom in on it- you can see the gun in the wheelchair has his AR with mag resting on his thigh and the barrel is anywhere but a safe direction for a public setting.

Here he is again with a kid close enough to where his rifle is pointing to make me think he isn't exactly cognizant of where his barrel is pointed.

Take a look at the couple walking point.  Call me crazy, but if you love your woman, you don't let her walk that close to the muzzle.

In any event, having a long gun slung on your back isn't safe with a magazine in...to my opinion anyway.  Yes, I know, I have no idea if they are really loaded or just a mag in the well, but to me it's irrelevant since you treat any weapon as a loaded weapon.  If it's slung, it's slung muzzle down, in the front or off to the side and I have a hand on it to keep positive control whenever possible.  Maybe that's just me.

As far as our side attacking these guys being counterproductive...I don't care.  Not talking up about this would be just a hypocritical as any other fringe position not getting the business from those who agree in part with them, but wish hey would stop being idiots going about the cause.  They may be on the right side of the law, but these assclowns don't represent my idea of responsible gun ownership and I'm not going to let their actions speak for me.

Regardless of whether or not their actions adversely effect main stream gun carriers specifically and gun owners in general, it is their 2A Right and they also have the right to express it publicly.

Apparently they don't care that their actions give ammo to the libs and reinforce the stereo type of "those crazy paranoid gun owners" fed to the masses.

My knowledge of the old west comes from Hollywood, but even in those wild and wooly days I don't think the populace walked around with long guns especially when going to the general store.

"Lock and load dude, we're out of cheese puffs and mom said we could borrow her car so we can go to Target."

Ok , my thought on this entire issue comes from the fact that they cannot carry hand guns openly in Texas. My next thought is where in Governor Perry and what are his thoughts on all of this? It is evident that 18 year old young men will still not be able to carry a hand gun either open or concealed. Governor Perry says he is 100% pro 2nd Amendment and an NRA member. There has not been one word out of him or the Texas legislature about what is taking place in their state. Now a loaded hand gun was found in the children's toy section of a target store. It was rumored that the gun was stolen and was found in the target toy section. We are not talking long guns now folks. That was a hand gun. A very cheap Hi Point loaded gun. Do I think it was a plant by the anti Gun people? YES by all means it was. Why do I believe that? I believe that because the long guns were not getting the agenda done the Moms are wanting. Target did not give them the reaction they were wanting so they add a little more Drama to their agenda to try and push Target over the edge. Surely target has video of the man that put the pistol in the toys section of the store. Employees said they saw a man acting strangely shortly before the gun was found. it was only a matter of a few minutes between when the strange man left the store and a store discovered the gun. Just how many coincidences can there be in such a short time span unless it was all staged? All I can say is "Well Watson, the Plot Thickens!!!  Your right again Holmes!!." ....................jmho

Regardless of whether or not their actions adversely effect main stream gun carriers specifically and gun owners in general, it is their 2A Right and they also have the right to express it publicly.

It isn't a small matter that their actions adversely affect gun carriers and gun owners...like it or not; the actions of each of us WILL and DO reflect on all. As such, we have an obligation to everyone else to not look like a out-of-control nut-case clown by doing stupid stuff like walking into a Target store with long guns hanging from a sling.

More to the point, once they walk into a business like a Target store they aren't in a public place...Target stores aren't public property such as a public park. Businesses aren't in business to provide a place for those with a political ax to grind to do their ax grinding and any group, regardless of the political point they are trying to make (be they open carry activists or homosexual marriage activists or whatever) do not have the right to disrupt what these businesses are in business to do which is to make money.

You guys see this?

https://www.change.org/petitions/target-create-gun-sense-policies-in-your-stores

Gun extremists armed with semiautomatic rifles have walked into Target locations around the country, weapons out and loaded, making sure customers saw their guns.
It’s often legal to do this, because many states have weak laws that allow people to openly carry around loaded weapons without any permits, training, or background checks. That means it’s up to companies themselves to protect their customers when the law won’t.
Yet according to the Wall Street Journal, Target doesn’t have any policies to stop people from carrying weapons in its stores.
Target boasts on its website that between 80% and 90% of its customers are women and says that 38% of its customers have children at home -- "or in a red shopping cart with them" -- a statistic they say is higher than any other similar store. And yet, they have no restrictions to keep families safe from customers carrying guns in its stores.
The thought of shopping at a place with my kids that allows people to walk around with loaded weapons out in the open makes me want to bring my business elsewhere. But I don’t want to shop somewhere else. I want families to know that wherever they shop, they’ll be safe from dangerous situations.
Chipotle, Starbucks, Chili’s, Sonic Drive-In, and Jack in the Box have already responded to petitions from moms and other gun sense supporters asking the stores not to allow guns. Now it’s up to Target to protect families who shop in its stores.

Edited by JohnC
[quote name="Gotthegoods" post="1156539" timestamp="1402188428"]Regardless of whether or not their actions adversely effect main stream gun carriers specifically and gun owners in general, it is their 2A Right and they also have the right to express it publicly. ."[/quote] Doesn't mean they don't deserve to be dismembered by honey badgers. I believe in freedom of speech. Why can't I hang out in the kiddie aisle at Target in a Borat speedo? If you think that's inappropriate then you hate the first amendment. See how that works? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't mean they don't deserve to be dismembered by honey badgers. I believe in freedom of speech. Why can't I hang out in the kiddie aisle at Target in a Borat speedo? If you think that's inappropriate then you hate the first amendment. See how that works?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that these jack offs are hurting the rest of us, but they don't care. They are simply exhibiting base human nature of selfishness under the guise of "it's my right" Edited by Gotthegoods

Now a loaded hand gun was found in the children's toy section of a target store. It was rumored that the gun was stolen and was found in the target toy section. We are not talking long guns now folks. That was a hand gun. A very cheap Hi Point loaded gun. Do I think it was a plant by the anti Gun people? YES by all means it was.

If it was a cheap gun, it would lead me to think it was left there (accidentally or on purpose, I'm not sure) by someone who is a part of the Open Carry movement.  They are all about just getting whatever will go bang without much thought to quality.

Open Carry Texas is doing all the leg work here, the anti-gun crowd just has to sit back and watch their stupidity on display.

If it was a cheap gun, it would lead me to think it was left there (accidentally or on purpose, I'm not sure) by someone who is a part of the Open Carry movement.  They are all about just getting whatever will go bang without much thought to quality.

Can't see any kind of twisted logic for that myself,  even from the most idiotic of any of these cretins.

Open Carry Texas is doing all the leg work here, the anti-gun crowd just has to sit back and watch their stupidity on display.

Well, the handgun incident was in South Carolina Target store, ya know. Where there is no open carry period, if that means anything at all regarding the incident.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Well, the handgun incident was in South Carolina Target store, ya know. Where there is no open carry period, if that means anything at all regarding the incident.

- OS

I missed that in all the hoopla in the rest of the info about it.  Now I'm even more convinced that it wasn't an anti-gun person who left it there.  The place is just too far away from the rest of the current news about guns.

I missed that in all the hoopla in the rest of the info about it.  Now I'm even more convinced that it wasn't an anti-gun person who left it there.  The place is just too far away from the rest of the current news about guns.

I don't understand your logic there at all. Do you not believe that there are no Anti gun people in South Carolina that would be willing to leave a loaded gun in the store? They are getting more desperate by the day because their agenda is not picking up any steam going forward at all and Bloomberg is blowing millions on a crusade that is accomplishing almost zero................jmho

You guys know why they're doing this don't you? Open carry of handguns is illegal in TX, so open carry of long guns is all they have. They're protesting an unconstitutional law. Edited by daddyo
[quote name="daddyo" post="1156865" timestamp="1402322380"]You guys know why they're doing this don't you? Open carry of handguns is illegal in TX, so open carry of long guns is all they have. They're protesting an unconstitutional law.[/quote] By trying to scare the sh** outa young mothers in the baby section of Target? I don't care what their cause is. Besides, they could care less about getting the law changed; they're just trying to get attention. This is like protesting for free speech by going into Chuck E Cheese and playing George Carlin on your boombox. Just stupid, inflammatory and intimidating to women. The cause they're supporting has zero to do with the outrage at their actions. I seriously, SERIOUSLY, would love to take these fat ****s into the ring and beat the crap outa them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

By trying to scare the sh** outa young mothers in the baby section of Target? I don't care what their cause is. Besides, they could care less about getting the law changed; they're just trying to get attention. This is like protesting for free speech by going into Chuck E Cheese and playing George Carlin on your boombox. Just stupid, inflammatory and intimidating to women. The cause they're supporting has zero to do with the outrage at their actions. I seriously, SERIOUSLY, would love to take these fat ****s into the ring and beat the crap outa them.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's certainly one opinion.

These f*ckwads have to be anti gunners.  No pro-gun guy in his right mind would cause this much bad press.

The concept is called "agent provocateur"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur

From the article: 

"At the 2001 G8 summit in Genoa, police and security services infiltrated black blocs with agents provocateurs. Allegations first surfaced after video footage in which "men in black were seen getting out of police vans near protest marches" [7][8]"

Pretend to be your adversary and do something outrageous to bring the law down on their heads. 

It's like the guy who wears a Klu Klux Klan hood to a Tea Party Rally. 

Edited by QuietDan
[quote name="QuietDan" post="1156913" timestamp="1402330916"]The concept is called "agent provocateur" [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur[/url] From the article: "[color=rgb(37,37,37)][font=sans-serif]At the 2001 [/font][/color][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27th_G8_summit"]G8 summit in Genoa[/url][color=rgb(37,37,37)][font=sans-serif], police and security services infiltrated[/font][/color][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_bloc"]black blocs[/url][color=rgb(37,37,37)][font=sans-serif] with agents provocateurs. Allegations first surfaced after video footage in which "men in black were seen getting out of police vans near protest marches"[/font][/color][sup][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur#cite_note-7"][7][/url][/sup][sup][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agent_provocateur#cite_note-8"][8][/url]"[/sup] Pretend to be your adversary and do something outrageous to bring the law down on their heads. It's like the guy who wears a Klu Klux Klan hood to a Tea Party Rally. [/quote] And called "moby" as well http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=moby
  • Like 1

I don't understand your logic there at all. Do you not believe that there are no Anti gun people in South Carolina that would be willing to leave a loaded gun in the store? They are getting more desperate by the day because their agenda is not picking up any steam going forward at all and Bloomberg is blowing millions on a crusade that is accomplishing almost zero................jmho

I'm sure there may be some loons who would be willing to leave a loaded gun in the store to get a PR victory, but I think that would be such an exception that I'm not about to make that my default theory about this.  Most of them wouldn't have the balls to do it.  These people are more comfortable behind Facebook protests than actually doing something that could incriminate (this would be a crime, right?) to make the point. 

Show me real evidence (stuff that can stand in a courtroom) that points to your view and I'll be open to it, but not as a instant opinion.