Obama Praises Australian Gun Confiscation

I just wonder how many people actually believe a single word that comes out of his mouth, from my tally, his accurateness with anything has been 2%. He says the exact opposite of the truth or fact. It must be some sort of disorder from being dropped on his head at birth in hawaii (wink wink)

He has to say something which in most cases his mouth is moving but same old bull crap flows from it over and over. He is running out of any new stuff and the guys that do the writing on his teleprompters are running out of things to program them with. His dream of getting the guns from all of the Americans are just that. Dreams!!! The American people are not the Australians and we have not plans of doing such a stupid thing as they did. We were able to keep the Imperial Japanese Army off our shores in 1941 because they fear all of the Americans with guns back them. Today there are 1000 times that many more American gun owners than there was in 1941. He can push that pen all he wants but he cannot bypass the Constitution of the United States with it and he cannot over ride the decisions of the United States Supreme Court with it so just what can he really do but run his mouth is my question? If I am not mistaken his ratings are still in the fruit cellar.............jmho  

• Like 3

Love the way he falsly suggests (for the umpteenth time) that the "most basic" background checks don't even exist and that firearm homicides are increasing.  And nobody in the MSM will ever challenge him on this. 

Just once, I wish someone would point out to his lying face how demonstrably wrong this is. 

Not that it would matter.  Lie, Rinse, Repeat.

This is a good time to remember that the Prime Minister who orchestrated this in Australia basically:

1.  Tricked gun owners into eating their own by turning gun clubs against each other after promising to save a few if they gave him public support.

2.  Convinced them to pay for the confiscation through taxation.

3.  Enjoyed the fact that a Bill of Rights & orgs like the NRA have no place in Australia.

4.  Was perfectly willing to spend whatever amount of money it took to do this.

5.  Had no problem with dividing the country to get it done.

6.  Won't talk about crime rate or the fact that the black market has returned most, if not all, of the confiscated guns back to his country.

7.  Won't talk about the country's police chiefs complaining that gangs are still getting their guns and being unable to stop them.

He wrote an op-ed last year bragging about it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/17/opinion/australia-banned-assault-weapons-america-can-too.html?_r=0

"To make this plan work, there had to be a federally financed gun buyback scheme. Ultimately, the cost of the buyback was met by a special one-off tax imposed on all Australians. This required new legislation and was widely accepted across the political spectrum. Almost 700,000 guns were bought back and destroyed — the equivalent of 40 million guns in the United States."

" Our gun lobby isn’t as powerful or well-financed as the National Rifle Association in the United States. Australia, correctly in my view, does not have a Bill of Rights, so our legislatures have more say than America’s over many issues of individual rights, and our courts have less control. Also, we have no constitutional right to bear arms. (After all, the British granted us nationhood peacefully; the United States had to fight for it.)"

"Many farmers resented being told to surrender weapons they had used safely all of their lives. Penalizing decent, law-abiding citizens because of the criminal behavior of others seemed unfair. Many of them had been lifelong supporters of my coalition and felt bewildered and betrayed by these new laws. I understood their misgivings. Yet I felt there was no alternative."

"The leaders of the National Party, as well as the premier of Queensland, courageously supported my government’s decision, despite the electoral pain it caused them. Within a year, a new populist and conservative political party, the One Nation Party, emerged and took many votes from our coalition in subsequent state and federal elections; one of its key policies was the reversal of the gun laws.

For a time, it seemed that certain states might refuse to enact the ban. But I made clear that my government was willing to hold a nationwide referendum to alter the Australian Constitution and give the federal government constitutional power over guns. Such a referendum would have been expensive and divisive, but it would have passed. And all state governments knew this."

Well I am sure he can give you a shopping list of reasons what it is for and none of them will be accurate or even close to accurate but he will spout the out anyway because he has not real proof behind anything he says. Every one of his statistics are totally wrong about every thing related to guns. Every time i walk in to a gun store to purchase a gun I pay 10 bucks, fill out the form and a back ground check is performed before i can purchased to gun. Hello!!!!! yet he says NO!! back ground checks are being done. I think his issue is no registrations are being done along with the back ground checks and that is his goal................jmho