First Class III and Trust!

Well now that my rifle is completed I'm buying a suppressor!! Decided to go the trust route and I'll be using John Wells.

John seems like a cool guy he's even accommodating me because I can not get away from work to meet him.

Ill be purchasing a Surefire SOCOM-RC. I'm thinking about using Guns And Leather. Mostly because they will allow me to shoot it at their range while its in jail.

• Like 1

I have done 3 through G&L.  Robert is great to work with.  If you decide to get one, I would wait until the e-file is back up, even if it takes a few more months.  You will still be 6 months ahead vs. if you paper file for it.

I have done 3 through G&L.  Robert is great to work with.  If you decide to get one, I would wait until the e-file is back up, even if it takes a few more months.  You will still be 6 months ahead vs. if you paper file for it.

I have heard of that. But who knows when e-file will be back up. My understanding that form 4 will be the last one to be fixed. And may never come back.

That's possible I suppose. Worst case, you could always cancel your paper copy and efile if it came back online at a time that made sense. Glad I got in while the gettin' was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's possible I suppose. Worst case, you could always cancel your paper copy and efile if it came back online at a time that made sense. Glad I got in while the gettin' was good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding I really regret not doing it earlier.

Well now that my rifle is completed I'm buying a suppressor!! Decided to go the trust route and I'll be using John Wells.

John seems like a cool guy he's even accommodating me because I can not get away from work to meet him.

Ill be purchasing a Surefire SOCOM-RC. I'm thinking about using Guns And Leather. Mostly because they will allow me to shoot it at their range while its in jail.

What's his price on the Surefire SOCOM for 5.56x45?

Ok so I purchased the suppressor. Silencer shop already submitted the for 3 for the dealer transfer. New they sent me an email with the serial number of the can.

So can I submit my form 4 now that I have that information or must I wait for the suppressor to show up at G&L then submit.

• 2 months later...

Up until the paper form is approved you can cancel. If you are filing a Form 1 you can even cancel after approval as long as the item has not been made. So you could file your Form 4 through the mail and if the eFile system comes up write a letter and cancel your paper application then eFile. Only issue is I have no clue how long it takes to get a refund on paper applications.

The eFile system for Form 1's is amazingly fast. The last one I did took 20 days. That brings it into the realm of impulse buys.

While not the lowest price, I worked with Shawn at Nashville Armory for mine....I love their range and shoot with Leroy privately more times than not. He's a great instructor, teaches when the range is closed and actually should charge more for his services. Even if it takes 6-9 months for paper filing, I'm cool with paying a little extra because I get to train with it whenever I wish. The decision was tough but went with the SF Mini .30 Cal, Osprey 45 and Huntingdon .22. Between those three, I've got 8 calibers covered so that a solid place to start. (Let the obsession begin)
  • 3 months later...

So riddle me this, if you get a SBR approved, does the lower HAVE to be engraved stating it as such?

The ONLY thing that needs to be engraved beyond the original manufacturer's markings is the name, or entity, that is making the SBR as well as their city and state.

If the NFA items was approved for an individual it needs to be engraved with:

John Doe

Anywhere, TN

If it was approved by a trust then it needs to be engraved with:

The Doe Trust

Anywhere, TN

The trust name must be exactly like it appears on the trust document. It cannot be abbreviated at all. I know some think that "TDT Anywhere, TN" is acceptable but it is not. That is why it is important to try to keep it as short as possible because if you have a trust will a really long name it might not fit on the lower.

And yes the person, or entity, that was approved is the maker of the SBR so that is why there is a need for an additional engraving. The original manufacturer is not the maker of the SBR so their markings only cover the manufacture of a title I firearm.

You do NOT have to have "Short barrel rifle" or "SBR" engraved on the lower at all. I am not sure where this came from but I have met a few engravers who seem to think it is required but it is not.

UPDATE!!!!

I called in for a status on 1/13/15 and was notified of an error letter. I guess I didn’t supply G&L will all the pages of my Trust. I Emailed them everything that was missed on 1/14/15

I then Called in  1/20/15 and found out my form 4 was approved 1/15!!! I should be receiving my Tax Stamp and time!!!!

I am very excited to say the least.