All Time Favorite Movie

Another thread got me started to thinking about my all time favorite movie, which one and why.

Mine is Joe Dirt hands down, no photo finish. I'm not particularly enamored with David Spade, in fact I usually find him to be an annoying after thought that most films could do fine without(excluding his work with Chris Farley, those where great) but for JD he is and was the perfect pick.

I think I like the movie so much because it has its funny moments, but mostly I like the overall message of being great in ones own mind, being happy with ones self. Joe is probably the biggest loser around in the eyes of most people he meets, but he finds a friend wherever he goes and his friends recognize his value. I think we've all felt like losers at one point or another, and at one point or another we've all realized that having a triumphant spirit can conquer the biggest obstacles.

It's the movie I watch when I want to laugh, and more importantly it's the movie I watch when I need to laugh. I can't help but feel good for Joe at the end, and if your in a crummy mood, it helps to see someone make it at life, despite being born without the top of a skull.
The number one lesson I take away from watching the movie every time;

Life's a garden, dig it.

So TGO, what's your all time favorite movie, and why? Edited by TrickyNicky
  • Like 1

Tombstone

Oops, forgot the "why". Overall great actors, but Val Kilmer killed it as Doc! I don't think they could have picked anyone better then or now to play that part like he did.

Edited by rugerla1
  • Like 7

In no particular order--

Terminator 2 (no surprise there)

Tombstone

Best Little Whorehouse in Texas

Blues Brothers

All John Wayne

Paint your Wagons

Burlesque

And way, way too many others.

Come to think of it...I may not have a favorite.

Edited by hipower
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. Definitely the pinnacle of the man with no name. After that its a toss up between Act of Valor and Tombstone. Tombstone for the acting, Act of Valor for the sheer badassery.
  • Like 2
My top few would have to be 1 Forrest Gump 2 The Aviator 3 Django Unchained 4 Matchstick Men 5 Analyze This/Analyze That 6 The Patriot 7 Goldeneye 007 8 Home Alone 9 Dazed and Confused 10 Rush Hour 1 2 3 Edited by glowdotGlock
  • Like 1