Tennessee Open-Carry Law Torpedoed by Underhanded Tactics?

I know it's highly unlikely any of them will ever be appointed to a federal level, that's not the point. The point is their liberal mentality, if they could get away with it in Tennessee they would rule in the favor of government over individuals. Also some tort reform is needed, we have to pass good samaritan laws to discourage a home invader from suing a home owner for injuries or death for their criminal act, we need sensable tort reform to discourage some idiot from suing S&W because some car jacker shot him with a S&W .38 special. So, if tort reform is one of the issues behind this push to replace these judges then i'm even more motivated now.

I started another thread.  Let's move it there.  We HAVE tort reform.  But what you describe is a legislative issue, not a judicial issue.

I can't point to a case... but I can point to a lot of bad AG opinion letters.  And since they appoint the AG, it's time for them to go IMHO.

The Justices WON'T be "on the national scene." The cases you are talking about were federal cases that have NOTHING to do with the Tennessee court system. I agree with you on those cases. The Kelo case was terrible, but has no bearing on this race. What is going on is the attempt to judicially push tort reform and, more importantly, appoint a Republican AG. Tort reform is directly pointed at eliminating the public from the tort process. If you can point to one case these Justices screwed up, please point it out (maybe in a separate thread).

I can't point to a case... but I can point to a lot of bad AG opinion letters.  And since they appoint the AG, it's time for them to go IMHO.

Clark, Lee, and Wade are the three on ballot. Lee came in three years after AG Cooper had been installed.

Chip, one thing I can't find, a "keep" vote gives them 8 more years, or just 2? I'm guessing 8 as I don't recall seeing this on ballet very often.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Clark, Lee, and Wade are the three on ballot. Lee came in three years after AG Cooper had been installed.

Chip, one thing I can't find, a "keep" vote gives them 8 more years, or just 2? I'm guessing 8 as I don't recall seeing this on ballet very often.

- OS

Yes, it's for 8-year terms. Not all Justices come up at the same time, though.
  • Like 1
Guest theconstitutionrocks

Whether you liked him or not I thought Bredesen was pretty even handed...one reason why there SHOULDN'T be term limits

I'm in Sargent's district and trying as hard as I can to help get him removed this go around, does anyone have any examples of other specific legislation that this group have killed the same way? While firearms are a key issue for me, they aren't for everyone and I'd love to be able to hand them a list showing a pattern of this behavior from the finance committee.

Check him out on the supposed Hall Income Tax removal he tried to say he was for, he killed it the same way.

• Like 1

I'd like to know if the TFA plans to do anything if there is a legal recourse.

I have been dealing with my aged Mother breaking a hip, and then her passing away, took a month from one to the next.

Let me say this, a Freedom of Information request has been made, asking for all communication relative to the issue from Gibbon's Office to the Administration and the Legislative side pertinent to the facts.

What recourse we take at that point will be determined by the quality of the information received, or not...

However the facts we do have are incontrovertible, there would have been no need to change the HCP card, and if the DHS decided to, their contract with the printer precluded any up-charge for doing so.  The spurious "Fiscal Note" was ginned up, there was no "ploicy" in effect to require a change of the cards.

We will see if someone's hard drive malfunctions...

Of note, when the vote relative to this issue did come before the Finance Committee, Sargent had a pain, and had to leave for a "bathroom break" and was not available to vote on the issue in his own committee...

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 4