Ares Aegis Enhanced Belt (My New Favorite "Gun-Belt")

• Moderators

Lets first throw this out there. People typically spend $300-$1000 for a firearm, a minimum of $115 (not including any class fees) initially in the State of Tennessee for your HCP, $20-$200 for a holster, but then skimp on the belt. Why? The second best thing about a good gun belt is that you can wear it even when you aren't carrying!

I started out carrying with a $159.95 High Noon Holsters' "Rock Steady" belt. It was by far the nicest belt I had ever owned up until that point. I thought it couldn't get any better. I carried this way for probably 6-12 months thinking I couldn't get any better.

However, I then began to experiment with synthetic type belts. I began carrying with the "Spec-Ops Brand Better BDU Belt". By this time my High Noon Rock Steady was showing wear and stretch. Overall, the Spec-Ops Brand BDU belt is a nice belt, especially for the price. However, in order to "carry right" with that belt, you must clench it quite tightly so that your holster and gun is secured by being pulled against your body. Although it worked, it was uncomfortable.

I kept seeing reviews and ads on various gun websites for the Ares Gear Ranger belt. It is a really long story, but in a nutshell I bought one and then won two via a photo contest that they had. I had three of these things! I loved them. My biggest gripe was having to take the buckle off to feed it through your pants/holster/etc. However, the "stiffness" of the belt made it a great and nearly perfect gun belt. I can thank our very own Macgyver for persuading me to give it a try when I finally inquired about it on TGO. (Shameless Plug: I have two of these Rangers on Ebay right now until 7/22/2014 to fund my Aegis purchase. Ranger and Ranger Enhanced PALS).

Ares Gear has been testing a new buckle design for a while and letting some people give it a go. Well, somehow I missed it but they started selling them outright a few months ago. I had to have one! The "Ranger Buckle" is the Cobra QR buckle. It's a nice buckle and made in Australia. The new "Aegis" buckle is made in USA. So, here it is!

A great thing about Ares Gear is they have a lifetime warranty for anything they make. If you ever have an issue with a piece of gear that we made and you bought from us or one of our dealers, we will repair or replace it. Forever. We're here for you.

d0jaib0.jpg

When I first received this belt today, my first thought was literally "I've overdone it now! This buckle is literally too big!". However, after actually testing the belt I decided that the buckle is actually perfect and will do just fine.

C9yHHJj.jpg

One thing I really like about the buckle is that on the back it is stamped with what size it is. That's good to have once you start having multiples. (Click the image below to see at full-size).

MyUoVid.jpg

Now, I know many here are probably Android but Apple is the way to go! Now, I know that is possibly just as or more dangerous that 9mm Luger vs .45 ACP, AK-47 vs AR-15, or Glock vs Anything, but the point is that this buckle is quite thick. But it is nice!

H3EKJaH.jpg

Basically, the way this buckle works is when the sliding pin is loose the belt slides right through. You can see this in the photo where the pin is to the right.

mGFtqHX.jpg

Then, when you pull the belt to the length you want, you just slide the pin a bit over to put tension on the webbing. You can see that here.

1OtYDxW.jpg

This belt is easily and infinitely adjustable. It is "secure" once the pin is set. So far I am more impressed with this belt than any other belt, ever. Now, keep in mind that this is the "enhanced" version, meaning that it is thicker than their standard belt.

Personally, I recommend that if they have your color and size combination to purchase your Ares Gear from LarueTactical.com. They always include some Dillo Dust and an Armadillo (if you don't know what these are you will just have to order to find out!).

Ares Aegis

Ares Sizing

LarueTactical

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do look like some quality belts. I I like the quick buckle belts myself, and see that they make one like that. You can go to pee so fast with those, and then buckle up without re-adjusting the belt. They are magic. :usa:

Edited by Ted S.
  • Moderators

That's a good looking belt. It's what the Boy Scout belt would be designed as a gun belt.

I think it was you that said the Ranger was a good buy. Well, if you were closer I would meet-up with you just so you could try this one out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been wearing an Aegis Enhanced belt for about two weeks now.  Very nice belt.  It is my new everyday belt. Moved away from the Wilderness belt after about nine years.  For those of you in the Nashville are, Lifeview Outdoors is now a stocking dealer for Ares Belts.

• Moderators

So, I've been wearing the Aegis for about a week now. I love it. Holds tight at whatever length I set it at. It is easy to put on and remove, as well as comfortable with or without a gun.

As a sidenote, the Ranger PALS is ending today:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221495520782?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I would recommend that you get the Aegis, but some people prefer the looks/function of the Ranger.