Obama Administration Bans Import of Izhmash & Kalashnikov (Saiga) Firearms

Cool.  Can't wait to shoot it.

BTW, from what I've seen of the AK version of the brace they are not nearly as rigid as what SIG makes for the AR.

Dunno about stability, but shorter LOP if just using the SB47 alone. If I was gonna do it, think I'd use one of the grip adapters that allows AR buffer and just use the SB15. Maybe add folding one.

But I think I'll just tame the flash some and call it a day with it. I added the sling adapter and can hit torso at 100 yards with it pretty well stretched out on sling with just the crummy front rear sight. Real nice at 50 yards. Or same with elbow on bench.

- OS

edit: just realized I'm dragging this way off topic, sorry.

Edited by Oh Shoot

I understand the views of gun owners, but I don't dislike Obama so much that I don't support him sanctioning a perceived enemy of this country.

Why sanction them in the first place? Most of those Ukrainians in that area wanted to align with Russia in the first place, we should keep our nose out of that conflict. If Obama was serious about dealing with Russia, and he wasn't viewed as a world joke he would stop destroying our military and strengthen it, ally with Poland and put missle defense systems in Poland, invent a stealth, cold propulsion ICBM, drill for oil in ANWAR and pass the construction of the keystone pipeline and sell and ship oil to Europe. That's just a few things our pathetic excuse for a president could do instead of silly usless sanctions that don't accomplish anything. Just look how banning Norinco imports from China worked when 50% of the stuff in your house including the computer were mostly made in China.

Sanctions placed on a big industrial country are nothing but a political show.

• Like 1

Mine is the 223 version, it will eventually be chambered in 300 Blackout with a 8 twist barrel and threaded for my suppressor. As far as a sig brace I have already looked at the brackets and I can make one to use a pistol tube for under $30. Pig nose adapters can be had for under $20 and with some time welding I am make a decent bracket to thread for the pig nose adapter.

If our administration wanted to hit the Russians with economic sanctions that actually hurt they would look at all kinds of stuff other than firearms. Firearms are such a small amount that they will not even bat an eye at it while so many US companies that rely on imported Russian firearms go out of business. Here is a list of imports that would hurt Russia, surprisingly firearms are no where on the list.

Russia's exports to America amounted to$27.7 billion or 1.2% of overall US imports.
  1. Oil: $19.9 billion
  2. Iron and steel: $1.7 billion
  3. Inorganic chemicals: $1.4 billion
  4. Fertilizers: $887.6 million
  5. Gems, precious metals, coins: $819.8 million
  6. Aluminum: $538.8 million
  7. Fish: $331.1 million
  8. Rubber: $250 million
  9. Other base metals: $236.6 million
10. Iron or steel products: $193.9 million

We are about to see things get a lot worse for everyone, liberals included, because of Obama's deluded agenda. When things get bad who do you think China will side with? Not the US and when our shelves are bare of Chinese products, after they put sanction on us at the request of Russia, we are going to see everyone suffer. Putin has said the US will suffer if we do not lift the sanctions. Seems to me he has more credibility in the international community than our leader.
  • Like 6
[quote name="LINKS2K" post="1169486" timestamp="1405627472"]I'll give him a call when you are ready for serious dialog. I agree that there are greater sanctions that could be placed on Russia, and who is to know that there are not more coming. In the mean time, this is a start and I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings because you are a gun owner.[/quote] Oh I'll gladly dialogue. What I won't do is pretend that he's truly done anything aside from further his personal agenda. Don't worry about my "feelings", that's not how I handle my issues...unlike those that share the views of our all too incapable leader. You can be as willfully ignorant as you so choose, just don't expect anyone else to do the same. I guess you're one of those "Obama doesn't want your guns" guys, right?

Oh I'll gladly dialogue. What I won't do is pretend that he's truly done anything aside from further his personal agenda. Don't worry about my "feelings", that's not how I handle my issues...unlike those that share the views of our all too incapable leader. You can be as willfully ignorant as you so choose, just don't expect anyone else to do the same. I guess you're one of those "Obama doesn't want your guns" guys, right?

You win sir. I won't get into name calling and making assumptions. I understand that you are suddenly passionate about that part of the world and Russian weapons and that anyone who has a differing view must be willingly ignorant. Bless your heart!

Mine is the 223 version, it will eventually be chambered in 300 Blackout with a 8 twist barrel and threaded for my suppressor. As far as a sig brace I have already looked at the brackets and I can make one to use a pistol tube for under $30. Pig nose adapters can be had for under $20 and with some time welding I am make a decent bracket to thread for the pig nose adapter.

If our administration wanted to hit the Russians with economic sanctions that actually hurt they would look at all kinds of stuff other than firearms. Firearms are such a small amount that they will not even bat an eye at it while so many US companies that rely on imported Russian firearms go out of business. Here is a list of imports that would hurt Russia, surprisingly firearms are no where on the list.

Russia's exports to America amounted to$27.7 billion or 1.2% of overall US imports.
  1. Oil: $19.9 billion
  2. Iron and steel: $1.7 billion
  3. Inorganic chemicals: $1.4 billion
  4. Fertilizers: $887.6 million
  5. Gems, precious metals, coins: $819.8 million
  6. Aluminum: $538.8 million
  7. Fish: $331.1 million
  8. Rubber: $250 million
  9. Other base metals: $236.6 million
10. Iron or steel products: $193.9 million

We are about to see things get a lot worse for everyone, liberals included, because of Obama's deluded agenda. When things get bad who do you think China will side with? Not the US and when our shelves are bare of Chinese products, after they put sanction on us at the request of Russia, we are going to see everyone suffer. Putin has said the US will suffer if we do not lift the sanctions. Seems to me he has more credibility in the international community than our leader.

Don't get me wrong, my opinion of Putin is that he's an old throwback dirty soviet KGB commie and so on but I can see he has more credibility, and he's a much stronger and confident leader than Obama, and, he has much more powerful political ammo than we do since Russia controls a large portion of the oil flowing into Europe. It is blatantly obvious that Obama is using sanctions as an excuse to futher his anti-gun agenda. You are right though about sanctions could be much worse for us than Russia and we have become so dependent on China's imports on most everything that they can really put the hurt on us if they wanted to.

• Like 1

Oh I'll gladly dialogue. What I won't do is pretend that he's truly done anything aside from further his personal agenda. Don't worry about my "feelings", that's not how I handle my issues...unlike those that share the views of our all too incapable leader. You can be as willfully ignorant as you so choose, just don't expect anyone else to do the same. I guess you're one of those "Obama doesn't want your guns" guys, right?

You win sir. I won't get into name calling and making assumptions. I understand that you are suddenly passionate about that part of the world and Russian weapons and that anyone who has a differing view must be willingly ignorant. Bless your heart!

Settle down guys. If you want to argue or insult do it by PM.

Guest 04 Rocko Taco

I've had my eye on a VEPR 7.62 for awhile now, I guess now is the time to pull the trigger before things get out of hand. 

I know that protecting our gun rights is very important. I also know that many people are much more passionate about that endeavor than I am. Having said that, I don't see this as the beginning of a gun grab. I think that this is a lame duck president attempting to do what little that he can do in light of the public opposition concerning intervention in the Ukranian crisis.

You must remember that I have always stated that I'm against intervening and providing aid to foreign countries. So, this is not support for the president. This is about as much as I would like to see him do concerning what is occurring in a foreign land.

Gun owners can be our own worst enemies. We are less than a day into the this situation and people are already talking about gun grabs and the increased profit margins on Russian guns. Edited by LINKS2K

I am not looking for increased profit margins. I pulled my ad down the second I heard, not so I can jack the price up but to keep someone from buying it for $1,200 and then taking advantage of panic buyers because of the situation. If I wanted to I could have already sold it for more than $1,200 but I will not sell it right now and if I ever do it will be long after the panic has settled down.

• Like 3

how much had x39 gone up today?

I shot up a few hundred last month at the range out of my MAK90 just to get the rust off me and make sure I can hit something with it, all the rest I have i'm sitting on it for a while. I miss the good ol days when I bought 1000 for $80 at the gun show. That's just a fond memory i'll never experience again.

This would be a good business opportunity for some US ammo manufacture to work overtime and crank out millions of affordable 7.62 x 39. If anything just to stick it to the Obama regeme.

Party pooper. I haven't seen a good cat fight in a few weeks  :rofl:

It has been a while, but I can assure you that I won't be particpating. The Great TGO Rapture of 2014 made a believer out of me. Besides that, I really enjoy how much more civil everyone has been since that day. :)
  • Like 2
[quote name="Dolomite_supafly" post="1169564" timestamp="1405640759"][color=rgb(255,0,0)][size=5]Settle down guys. If you want to argue or insult do it by PM.[/size][/color][/quote] My fault. I apologize. Just worn down, bad day.
  • Like 1

I shot up a few hundred last month at the range out of my MAK90 just to get the rust off me and make sure I can hit something with it, all the rest I have i'm sitting on it for a while. I miss the good ol days when I bought 1000 for $80 at the gun show. That's just a fond memory i'll never experience again.

This would be a good business opportunity for some US ammo manufacture to work overtime and crank out millions of affordable 7.62 x 39. If anything just to stick it to the Obama regeme.

The American manufacturers are running at full capacity, building new plants and adding lines just to satisfy domestic consumption.  My conversations with a few of them is that it will take at least 10 years to fully upgrade.  Their business models have to take into consideration is this a blip or will ammo be a "hot cakes" item indefinitely.  New factory set up is really expensive.  I know, I build them.