The Glock side

daddyo

Well, I did it. I was coming home from Chattanooga yesterday and stopped at the Outpost Armory. They had one standard Gen 4 Glock 19 left, so it went home with me. Looking forward to putting some downrange with it. I may have to go back and get that Kahr CM9 I fondled before the end of the month.  :cool:

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

With all the talk about the Gen 4 19 models, I had an opportunity to get one recently.

I haven't shot it yet, but intend to take it and my faithful Gen 3 and run them side by side, as it were. It will have to be pretty darn impressive for me to set aside the Gen 3. 

Well, I did it. I was coming home from Chattanooga yesterday and stopped at the Outpost Armory. They had one standard Gen 4 Glock 19 left, so it went home with me. Looking forward to putting some downrange with it. I may have to go back and get that Kahr CM9 I fondled before the end of the month.  :cool:

You done good, Nacho! 

With all the talk about the Gen 4 19 models, I had an opportunity to get one recently.

I haven't shot it yet, but intend to take it and my faithful Gen 3 and run them side by side, as it were. It will have to be pretty darn impressive for me to set aside the Gen 3. 

I swapped my Gen 3 for a Gen 4, mainly because my 23 is a Gen 4. Nothing wrong with the Gen 3. Just have a slight preference for the feel of the 4

I don't have either the Gen 3 or Gen 4 Glock 19, but I've had a chance to hold them both.  I'd probably choose the Gen 4 because of the ability to change out the backstrap.  I have relatively small hands, and a regular double-stack Glock grip is a handful for me.

And congrats on your new pistol.  Enjoy!

The CM9 Kahr is a nice pistol.  It is a powder puff with Winchester White Box 115 grain but Ranger T +P+ not so much... :)  I have some Gold Dot LE 115 grain bought from SGAmmo that I haven't had a chance to test.  I was hoping to find a good defense round with a little less recoil than the Ranger T for carry ammo.  The Ranger T didn't hurt your hand but was slow getting back on target... :)

Very nice. I think those two make a very good carry system. Conceal and deep conceal. I'm thinking about retiring my PF9 and picking up a CM9.

CM9 is OK....but pretty tough trigger.  Don't think I would be shooting +P+ even as a defensive load in a small pistol.  Waste of time, larger muzzle flash and slow 2nd shot.  More wear and tear on the small frame.  My guess is there is little difference in MV  and certainly even less downrange difference given the short barrel.

[quote name="daddyo" post="1170206" timestamp="1405849632"]Well, I did it. I was coming home from Chattanooga yesterday and stopped at the Outpost Armory. They had one standard Gen 4 Glock 19 left, so it went home with me. Looking forward to putting some downrange with it. I may have to go back and get that Kahr CM9 I fondled before the end of the month. :cool:[/quote] Do it, just do it. The CM9 is the only gun I've sold that I wish I hadn't. I actually went back to the shop to buy it back from them and it was gone. The Kahr's have one of the smoothest triggers I've ever felt, but they're very long and it breaks pretty far back, so it takes a little practice not to pull off target

Do it, just do it. The CM9 is the only gun I've sold that I wish I hadn't. I actually went back to the shop to buy it back from them and it was gone. The Kahr's have one of the smoothest triggers I've ever felt, but they're very long and it breaks pretty far back, so it takes a little practice not to pull off target

And that is why I don't like Kahr's at all. Thank you. MANY better options out there.

[quote name="Steelharp" post="1170644" timestamp="1405962614"]And that is why I don't like Kahr's at all. Thank you. MANY better options out there.[/quote] Out of curiosity I'd like to know what you consider better that are the same size/price range. I can't think of very many Edited by KKing

Kahrs have the same kind of trigger as a revolver in double action, has worked for years.

True. I can only speak for MY hands; the grip is far too thin to get a decent grip and work that trigger. It's just too "wrong," for me. That obviously doesn't hold true across any board. IF the grip was more substantial, ala my S&W .357, then yes, it would be great.

KKing... yeah, "many" may have been a tad strong, lol. For me, the Ruger/Glock/Walther type triggers are much better. That's for ME.

Watch a video on youtube or similar on how to detail strip (completely take apart) your Glock. With only 34 parts , you'll never want a gun with any more parts . Glock are just amazing. They work and work and work. Plus hardly need any oil at all. 

• Like 1